New gear, new goals, new log.

Lower body/core strength

front squats 135 x6 185 x6 225 x6 275 x6 315 x7 -PR
Cable rope crunches 3 sets x12
superset w/ back hypers 3 sets x12
bb curls 95 x12 x12 x12
triple superset w/ tricep pressdown 3 sets x 15
and one legged calf raises 3 sets x10

Dropped the cyp to 400 per week to buy myself a little more time.

LiftTillIDie said:
In an ideal setup I only give myself real sugar before/after workouts so beforehand I have protein shake, banana, and then start my energy drink on the way there and finish it during the workout. Then more protein and gatorade after. The pie was just thrown in because it was around, normally I would eat fruit but I had already eaten an apple and two bananas today which is more than enough. I like to give myself one good cheat meal at least every couple of days and try to work it in strategically, usually after a workout or a long day of work. It just involves a lot of personal adjustments, for example I got subway yesterday on wheat and instead of eating it all at once with a giant glass of milk I spread it into two meals with 8 oz. of milk each time, and those were my last carb meals of the day. After my carb cutoff I use things like cheese and ranch dressing fairly liberally, as it helps me get the calories up while the carbs aren't around so my insulin is low.

I may have missed this earlier on in your log but what would a typical days food intake look like and a breakdown in cals/protein/fat/carbs ?

needtolosequick said:
i look forward to being done with football one day and getting into mma shape

I rolled one day of jiu jitsu at the training center and it was extremely fun. The best form of cardio I could imagine. I free rolled for 30-40 minutes with a couple different guys and only small breaks in between. I was completely dead afterwards. I have a new respect for fighters because I don't know how they can weight train and train mma and still allow for recovery.

Lucky13 said:
I may have missed this earlier on in your log but what would a typical days food intake look like and a breakdown in cals/protein/fat/carbs ?

Protein around 350. Carbs, fats, and cals I really couldn't tell you. I'm still doing 8 meals a day carb cutoff after the last 5 or 6 meals. I keep the framework the same and then I will take carb meals off as necessary. I add in extra cheat meals in when I feel depleted or when I notice I've lost a couple lbs (went on kind of a binge yesterday).

Yesterday I looked at my pics from the beginning of this log and was disgusted. That tells me I've come quite a ways. Physically I am ready for new pics to be taken. I think you guys will be impressed with the changes. Just have to remind my gf to bring her digital over next time and I'll get some more pics up.

Upper body strength

flat db bench 75's x8 100's x8 120's x8 150's x 6.5 - no spot :(
HS rows 3 plates per side x8 4 plates x8 5 plates x8 6 plates x10 (6 bilateral, 4 unilateral)
bb military (my cheap ass gym finally sprung for a real military station, appears to have been made circa 1946) 135 x8 185 x6 225 x6 275 x5
Cable shrugs 200 (full stack) x15 x20 x25
superset w/ forearm work

Legs hypertrophy

db lungs 55's x16 65's x16 75's x16 85's x16 95's x16
leg extensions 3 sets x15
crunch machine 3 sets x20
superset w/ calf press 3 sets x10
reverse curls 85 x10 90 x10 95 x12
superset w/ overhead db extension 75 x10 100 x10 120 x12

LiftTillIDie said:
Post #193 will give you what you're looking for. I am honored by your presence in the journal.

The honour is all my mine my brotha, you a strong kat.

keep plugging away Lift and keep logging, i will be checking in

Back