Please do not be this guy

street fights are dumb anyway.

you'll casuallyy destroy somebody in a streetfight hitting them with shit you trade with sparring partners during drills and sparring for fun in the gym.. literally, body shots you hit each other with at 50% during drills - and you'll fold somebody with them. i tell my boys if they get in a street fight - hit them first, but don't hit them too hard. you will hurt them..

any you guys that train weights hard, go to a fucking boxing gym for three to six months

time it so you start boxing when you start a cut

you'll either love it, or hate it

if you love it, in 24 weeks you're going to be a different person than you were when you walked in...

I use to go to rock boxing gym in salinas i fucken loved it i was natty but dam did i have cardio i felt like a machine. I would love to do it agaiN but the city im in now doesnt have one just MMA, I'm not interested in jujitsu

I use to go to rock boxing gym in salinas i fucken loved it i was natty but dam did i have cardio i felt like a machine. I would love to do it agaiN but the city im in now doesnt have one just MMA, I'm not interested in jujitsu

conditoning wise, boxing and thai boxing prepare you for a street fight far beyond grappling

i don't like the idea of rolling around with sweaty dudes 5 nights a week

goin to try to change my attitude once i put on weight and can't box anymore, try out some jits tournaments with my new muscles for funsies

This is the only reason I cited genetics. I am from Cuba and am not fully white either. My skin is pretty white but my hair says otherwise, and most of the people in my family are mixes of various degrees of black and white. Also, remember that for the most part race is a social construct even if some genes are more common in certain groups than others it is impossible to say if a person is "black" or "white" by solely looking at DNA sequences, but you can make a good guess given that some genes are more commonly found in certain groups.

Monoamine oxidase A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had my genetics tested for that gene - I do not posses the specific expression. This is what I expected, since I am more of a diplomat and peace maker. Fighting is my last option - an always available one, but one I feel means I have failed if I have to use it. I have been in a few fights. I fight dirty and to win. But not just this fight, but all future ones. I am the guy who continues to kick a down man, in the face, until pulled away - then try to break free and continue kicking.

I hate fighting. So can someone explain to me why I have started taking Kung Fu? :)

More info about The Warrior Gene:

A description:

Human behavior is complex and influenced by our genes, our environment, and our circumstances. Popular science and the media have dubbed one of the most provocative and often controversial of genetic variants as the "Warrior Gene." Studies have linked the "Warrior Gene" to increased risk-taking and to retaliatory behavior. Men with the "Warrior Gene" are not necessarily more aggressive, but they are more likely to respond aggressively to perceived conflict.

My Results: Normal Variant

Last edited:
I hate fighting. So can someone explain to me why I have started taking Kung Fu?

Because it's great exercise and really can be a fantastic way to calm down from a long day? I have a red sash in Moh Kung Fu myself, and really miss training.

Going to be putting my daughter in Krav Maga soon, and I hope to join in as well. The whole point of martial arts is to avoid conflict anyway, so I feel it's a healthy hobby. :)

Because it's great exercise and really can be a fantastic way to calm down from a long day? I have a red sash in Moh Kung Fu myself, and really miss training.

Going to be putting my daughter in Krav Maga soon, and I hope to join in as well. The whole point of martial arts is to avoid conflict anyway, so I feel it's a healthy hobby. :)

My daughter takes Tae Kwon Do, just tested to move up a belt in fact. She loves it and I love the discipline it is teaching her. It has nothing to do with fighting at this stage but the Sensai does a great job with the transition of the martial arts principles into the childrens lives. It is great.

good stuff..

boxing has been my church, gym, therapist, best friend for a long long time..

everything you learn in a martial art applies to the outside world.

discipline, hard work, goals, focus, determination, consistency

tell these kids - if you can do this.. then you can do anything you set your mind to

it boils down to deciding what you want, and how bad you want it

Im gonna move my family to your city Bronson im giving up tren upping the halo and have you train me to hurt people

judging by how we get along on these boards, the shit we get into just on the web...

we would end up being a huge danger to others, the public at large and to ourselves

be fucking fun tho, wouldn't it..

good stuff..

boxing has been my church, gym, therapist, best friend for a long long time..

everything you learn in a martial art applies to the outside world.

discipline, hard work, goals, focus, determination, consistency

tell these kids - if you can do this.. then you can do anything you set your mind to

it boils down to deciding what you want, and how bad you want it

Its interesting you say this. Eluding to my post above about my daughter and the discipline that has transferred from the Martial Arts to her every day life. She went through a very traumatic experience this past year. Went through it all, group counseling, one on one therapy, school shrink, you name it. Taekwondo (btw she informed me this afternoon i was spelling it wrong in a facebook message I was writing to my Mom, lol) has done more for her as far as an outlet for expression, an outlet for aggression, a healthy discipline and self esteem, than any of the aforementioned things have by far. Best $35/month investment I have ever made for my child, Id pay 3x that if the price went up tomorrow.

Its interesting you say this. Eluding to my post above about my daughter and the discipline that has transferred from the Martial Arts to her every day life. She went through a very traumatic experience this past year. Went through it all, group counseling, one on one therapy, school shrink, you name it. Taekwondo (btw she informed me this afternoon i was spelling it wrong in a facebook message I was writing to my Mom, lol) has done more for her as far as an outlet for expression, an outlet for aggression, a healthy discipline and self esteem, than any of the aforementioned things have by far. Best $35/month investment I have ever made for my child, Id pay 3x that if the price went up tomorrow.

man, thats awesome..

and as good as training is for a young person - that child has to have character to begin with, or it just doesn't work

muay thai boxing saved my life.

angry young man, felt like everything in my life was out of my control, beyond repair..

the gym was the one place, boxing was the one thing - it was all me and nobody could take that away

it was something i had control over.

the successes i had, the pride and self confidence i got from it.. walked out with on my shoulders with me into the real world when i left the gym. i was worthwhile, if only because i could box - i had something i was good at..

carried me through some really really dark times

it gave me a sense of self worth.. it gave me something to look forward to

the simple fundamental lessons i mentioned carry over into everyday life, but the deeper you go into training..

you realize the gym / dojo is this microcosm of the outside world

ill tell you jimi.. i train a bunch of young guys. 14 yrs old to around 27-28

i love my kids, all of them, like they are my own.

id lay down in traffic for anyone of them , and they would do the same for me, for each other..

some of them, its the only real family they have ever had. I've watched a young man who's family abandoned him, literally moved to another state - and my kid STILL gradutated high school while being HOMELESS

he's worked his way up the ladder in real estate and making good money , has a god girl..

hes going to make it, he's going to be fine.

i give a fuck about these kids.

and sometimes thats all somebody needs, to have someone they look up to that gives a shit about them

- makes them realize, that yes - if this guy gives a damn abut me, then i must matter.

i don't know how old your little girl is , but ill make a prediction...

sh sticks with this, and one day

she'll be teaching at the dojo

the day will come where she'll share exactly what she got from her art that she needed , with others..

watch..

Back