"Rampage" Jackson Vs Chuck Lidell?

sirxxlew said:
that's what they were saying about crocop and look what happened to him
fedors alot tougher than cro cop....if they fought fedor would win....oh they did fight and fedor did win...hes also beat big nog,barrnet,fujita,coleman x2,and the list goes on and on and on

Swellin said:
Not a chance in hell. he wants to move up to heavyweight. he already walks around at 230. In a recent interview, he mentioned that he had wanted to beat Mirko, but now Mirko isn't as big a deal since Gonzaga KO'd him. He named a few heavies he wants to fight and ended saying that, "I've already knocked out the heavyweight champ...twice."

I read that too...it would be interesting to see him go into the heavys...can you hold two belts in two weight classes in UFC at the same time??? Has that ever been done before? I could see Chuck goin for that actually...

diddydidit said:
fedors alot tougher than cro cop....if they fought fedor would win....oh they did fight and fedor did win...hes also beat big nog,barrnet,fujita,coleman x2,and the list goes on and on and on

he won a decision againt crocop. i just dont think he could just WALK though everyone, there are a few tough fights that he could stand up against.

he beat crocop in a descion, arlovski might have a chance not saying he will win, but it would be a good fight, and he beat nog 2 times both going 3 rounds, another good fight, and people will laugh but i dont think he would walk through cotoure. i dont consider wins by going the distance walking through someone.

diddydidit said:

coleman...garbage, fujita...garbage. I will say fedor is the best. But he has not fought Randy, Andre or Tim. These 3 guys are better than the list you mentioned above...Nog...somewhere in there.

tim are you fucking joking me thats the stupidist thing ive ever heard in my whole life and aa is ok but he aint no nog or barrnet... you must be a mfs humper... fuck man turn off tuf and watch some old pride vids mabye youll learn something

diddydidit said:
tim are you fucking joking me thats the stupidist thing ive ever heard in my whole life and aa is ok but he aint no nog or barrnet... you must be a mfs humper... fuck man turn off tuf and watch some old pride vids mabye youll learn something
ROFLMFAO

I gotta second this one.

I'm a big MFS fan, but I always have been. Having said that, Nog and Barnett are the #2 & #3 in my book with Mirko falling down to #4. Check out the Fedor thread. I posted the most recent top ten by mma weekly and discussed their respective fights with Fedor. MMA weekly's rankings are prety widely accepted to be the actual top ten of mma. I agree with their top ten Heavies for the most part (Gonzaga is the exception). Lt heaives are pretty well spot on. Middle...way off......welter...got some issues....light weight...how the hell is Nick Diaz not in the top ten? lol

ya im not sure about gonzaga ill have to see some more of him to decide...im with you on diaz did you see his gogoplata on gomi that was the shit..i love gomi but damm he got worked, then they stripp daiz of the win for testing pos for weed,give me a break its not like he was using performance drugs

diddydidit said:
ya im not sure about gonzaga ill have to see some more of him to decide...im with you on diaz did you see his gogoplata on gomi that was the shit..i love gomi but damm he got worked, then they stripp daiz of the win for testing pos for weed,give me a break its not like he was using performance drugs
Last time I checked, weed never helped anyone win fights. lol
It sure as hell doesn't help them train or cut weight.

That gogoplata was absolutely SICK. You only see that in sport jiu-jitsu, never in MMA. He pulled it off and looked amazing doing it. ( I also saw that he just got his black belt recently.) Nick out punched Gomi with all those jabs. Who would have ever thought that to be possible? We talked about it in the gym the week before the fight and we all felt Nick had the tools to beat Gomi (Gomi's ground game sucks compared to his stand up...Nick's ground game is at the top of the class). Nick is also an "in your face fighter." We felt he could throw those 8 foot long jabs at Gomi and take him out of his element. He sure did. He just has no ass on those punches. But they were effective enough to completely confound Gomi....and made Gomi try to take Nick to the ground?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Well, that went like everybody expected once it hit the ground. lol

I have NEVER seen a gogoplata in MMA before. He pulled it off like he was teaching it to somebody. I don't think Gomi had ever seen it before either. He had nothing for it.

only other time ive seen it was shinya aoki a couple prides ago but it wasnt agaist the caliper of fighter gomi is
3 hrs till fight time im starting to get hyped

The beer is flowing and the burgers are cooking at my house.
We are getting the pre-fight in full effect. No beer for me though. I fight June 16th. lol

ooooh chuck got ktfo, i love it...great ufc tonight all good fights , i thought the salvary fight was stopped a little early...what kind of comp are you doing,what weight class

the fights were great. Karo's fight was nice..that guys is good.

Chuck vs Rampage...I wanted more. I was expecting Chuck to win..but all it takes is a punch. Oh well, but I like Rampage's attitude seems like a real nice dude. I would like to see a rematch only because the fight was over so quick, but I guess Chuck has to wait because of Dan Henderson.

That one dude (christopher alexander?)that jacked up keith Jardine was an animal..that fight looked like a prison fight....haha.

diddydidit said:
ooooh chuck got ktfo, i love it...great ufc tonight all good fights , i thought the salvary fight was stopped a little early...what kind of comp are you doing,what weight class
International rules kick boxing..heavy weight. I'm cutting to 214 from 235. I weigh 215-216 right now. I have lost some muscle, but I still have some lard I could stand to lose. I might try and come in at 210 or so. It doesn't affect my power, so why carry the extra lard?

One of my training partners was once the #2 super heavy muay thai fighter in the world. He has an mma fight a week before my kb fight. It is a tourney, so hopefully I get a couple of fights that day.
This guy's first mma fight was against Jeremy Horn. Frank Mir's first pro mma fight was against this guy. His training sucks. He trains with his buddies and doesn't roll with anybody. But he is starting back in my gym now and getting his time in rolling and sparring. Nobody likes to spar with him though....damn he's tough and boy is he good!

I saw in another thread that you are almost 33...I turn 34 in September. I'll work my bjj later. I can only KB for a few more years, so I want to get that in while I can. I just started back training MA 8-9 months ago..and this will be my first fight.
It sure is alot tougher to get in shape now. lol

Several good fights on this card. I wasn't very excited coming into the PPV, but was happy with the turnout.

After seeing the weigh in, I knew Chuck didn't have a chance. You could see in his eyes that he was nervous or scared. Rampage/Hendo is a surprise, but looking forward to it. How crazy would it be if Hendo ends up with three belts?

Jardine got killed. Showed heart getting up each time, but who knows how much extra damage was done because of it. I think the ref should have stepped in. Yes, he was making an attempt to get up, but after getting knocked down 3-4 times in 15 seconds, you aren't doing a good job defending yourself.

I was dissapointed to see Salaverry lose. I was glad he came back to the Octagon and was hoping for a better performance.

Also, kudos to the guy who beat Salmon. I think he took the fight with less than 2 weeks notice.

I guess the next big ones are Franklin/Okami and Pulver/Penn...looking forward to both of those as well.

i dont see bj making the weight to fight pulver.....i love bj but his training is a little suspect...okami over franklin

Back