Should I do a contest?

holy shit man u look like the f-ing terminator...cut as hell...props to ya man for doin it natty...i didn't know u could look like that not on the juice...good work man

Iron Man said:
holy shit man u look like the f-ing terminator...cut as hell...props to ya man for doin it natty...i didn't know u could look like that not on the juice...good work man

Thanks for the props.

It can be done naturally, it just takes time. It took me 15 years of diet and hard-ass work in the gym and i'm still not where I want to be.

First off I'd like to say that your definition is excellent. If you are contemplating on a show/contest, you shpuld go for it. Second off, i'd like to know how natural you claim to be. What kind of supplements are you taking? What type of fat burners besides clenbuteral. How much of your fat loss would you attribute to clen? What was your diet like? Nonetheless, you look great. I'm just trying to gauge your answers to determine what else it took besides a great deal of time and dedication.

Medussa said:
First off I'd like to say that your definition is excellent. If you are contemplating on a show/contest, you shpuld go for it. Second off, i'd like to know how natural you claim to be. What kind of supplements are you taking? What type of fat burners besides clenbuteral. How much of your fat loss would you attribute to clen? What was your diet like? Nonetheless, you look great. I'm just trying to gauge your answers to determine what else it took besides a great deal of time and dedication.

Fair enough. I get that question quite a bit. I have even had messages sent to me here that regardless of what I say, they think i'm juicing. I find this funny that folks have difficulty accepting things.

For the past 2 years, i've really honed in my diet and almost NEVER eat any meal that raises insulin levels too high. No desserts, no chips, nothing. This alone has been more important that any fat burner or supplement. Balanced meals, about 50/35/15 pro/carb/fats. Absolutely no sugars. None. Hardly any alcohol either. Boring but necessary.

There is and has been no one supplement that gets you ripped. It has to be done with cardio and diet. I do about 6-7 total hours per week cardio. From a fat burning perspective I only take 2 hotrox pills daily for the past 5 weeks. 2 cups coffee daily. No clen or anything else. I only took that clen as a test run and I dont think it worked much for me when I did. So to answer your question, clen did zero for my fat burning.

Other supps - whey, glutamine, ZMA, CLA, fish oil, vit C/E, calcium, niacin, creatine (stopped march 1 2006), fiber, guggulbolic, potassium, chromium picolinate and just started adding 1 small DHEA tablet in the morning last week to combat muscle atrophy until contest. All over the counter stuff.

Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:
oh hell yeah ! .... build those lats up a bit though for a better spread . . .

That's impressive. I'm sure that takes alot of dedication and sacrifice. If you like the end result than I'm sure it's worth it. The results look great keep up the good work.

You look insane man. Dreambody, nthing to add.

Bula, you don't believe in highGI after workout? (you said that you keep ur slin low all the time). You do any midworkout shake? Some info about your method off clean bulking would be appreciated :) (and sry for throwing all the questions here). I'm not asking about your training routine cause you probably went through tons of them in 15yrs. Anyway, great job.

Bq said:
Bula, you don't believe in highGI after workout? (you said that you keep ur slin low all the time). You do any midworkout shake? Some info about your method off clean bulking would be appreciated

Currently, my post workout shake does have some mid GI carbs, but not as much as some folks recommend. Currently, I drink a post workout protein shake with only about 20-30g carbs max. I'll add a small amount of gatorade to do this. Or sometimes I add nothing .. just protein and water. Then I hit my largest daily meal about 30 min later with extra brown rice or oats to fill back up. Over the years prior to this current contest prep, I always added 40-50g moderate GI carbs to my post workout shake. I even would add Jay Cutler's method of about 8 oz coke or sprite into my shake to get those sugars asap. But for me personally, that is too much. Yes the muscles are depleted and need glycogen, but for me, I prefer to keep my glycogen fuel coming from non-sugar sources unless I am completely fatigued to the point where I know sugar is required (a rarity).

Bulking .. red meat and more red meat. Eat those fats. Lift big and eat big. And make sure everything you eat (except your whey) comes from food sources that once lived (meats, plants, veggies, milk, cheese, etc.) The body is not made to process sugars effectively for muscle growth. And canned foods or preservative filled junk (ie chips, soups, etc) can be a diet killer and impede growth. Now thats my body talking, not necessarily proven fact. But the cleaner I ate in quantity (ie 4000 cals daily), the bigger I grew. When I added crap, my "muscle" growth stunted.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
bula said:
Currently, my post workout shake does have some mid GI carbs, but not as much as some folks recommend. Currently, I drink a post workout protein shake with only about 20-30g carbs max. I'll add a small amount of gatorade to do this. Or sometimes I add nothing .. just protein and water. Then I hit my largest daily meal about 30 min later with extra brown rice or oats to fill back up. Over the years prior to this current contest prep, I always added 40-50g moderate GI carbs to my post workout shake. I even would add Jay Cutler's method of about 8 oz coke or sprite into my shake to get those sugars asap. But for me personally, that is too much. Yes the muscles are depleted and need glycogen, but for me, I prefer to keep my glycogen fuel coming from non-sugar sources unless I am completely fatigued to the point where I know sugar is required (a rarity).

Bulking .. red meat and more red meat. Eat those fats. Lift big and eat big. And make sure everything you eat (except your whey) comes from food sources that once lived (meats, plants, veggies, milk, cheese, etc.) The body is not made to process sugars effectively for muscle growth. And canned foods or preservative filled junk (ie chips, soups, etc) can be a diet killer and impede growth. Now thats my body talking, not necessarily proven fact. But the cleaner I ate in quantity (ie 4000 cals daily), the bigger I grew. When I added crap, my "muscle" growth stunted.

Hope that helps.

I use RACE RECOVERY by E.A.S
http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibe...vq79yml1KahDJqA5KqAfvq70L/AjvqMTxpQOUahmKa34-

With per scoop (60 searvings) it has
all essential vitamins
4.5G Glutamine
3.25 of BCAA
1G of Ribose

with
26G of carbs
10G of protein,
0 fat!
Best supplament I have ever used!!

bula said:
I tried M1T (oral pro hormone) for a few weeks but I never saw anything from it except body acne and back pain.

Actually, M1T is a steroid. Looking chissled though, nice work!

Big ups for you bula, looks like a killer physique. I'd suggest working on your posing and routine. That simply isn't something you wan't to start doing 4 w/o.

Good luck!

HungDaddy said:
Big ups for you bula, looks like a killer physique. I'd suggest working on your posing and routine. That simply isn't something you wan't to start doing 4 w/o.

Good luck!

Started posing practice 8 weeks out, doing mandatory poses everyday after workouts. I don't know whats more grueling .. the cardio or the posing. It's tough.

I hired a local trainer/coach .. quite expensive but he's very highly recommended .. to help with final prep. He's a diet guru and trains several top pros. At his recommendation, looks like i'll be doing several shows and not just one. The original one I was targeting was a local regional show in June. Now i'll be doing that one as well as a national 4A show in July. All this assumes I can hit my peak right and cut the legs to our expectation - thats the only hitch. So looks like after all this hard work, it only gets harder.

Bula

Mudge said:
Actually, M1T is a steroid. Looking chissled though, nice work!

BUSTED! JUICER!

jk man, looking great! youre already lean enough, just drop the water and carb up for the show!

lookin great,sign up for some shown and make room somewhere to put the trophy.nice work!

Just a quick update.

2.5 weeks out now, and really ready to go. I feel completely prepared and dialed in. Now its a matter of small adjustments and somehow making it through the final days of this carb depleted, 2x daily cardio, tanning, lifting and posing. That coupled with my day job leaves just about nothing for anyone else (including my wife). This sport is definitely for folks who can isolate their responsibilities. It takes full commitment.

The trainer/coach I hired was the best decision I could have made. I know my shit about supps and developing muscle - even fat loss. I didn't know near enough about the "critical" final 6 weeks, contest prep and nailing posing and a routine. He has completely brought me under his wing. he even has me doing cheat meals about every 10 days which I never did or would have done. And when I say cheat, I mean ANYTHING GOES for 1 hour cheating. I love it. Yesterday I pounded at least 6000 cals in one hour. Of course thats it until contest. Back to boiled chicken and brocoli.

Weight is holding at 173. Contest will be about 168.

Photos soon I hope.
Bula

Back