So How Much Can You Bench Press?

this thread really isn't that funny.

Those who think it is should walk on the wild side and enter the convo lounge.

You've got be kidding me bro. Find me one thread in the convo lounge that is currently funny jackass. This fucking thread is hilarious.

You regular convo loungers THINK you're funny and witty but what is really funny is that you actually aren't bro.

Walk on the wild side bro....give me a big fat break.

I been working out for about 4-5 years now and started off at 185 max bench press, now coming off a 6 month rest I can throw up 365lbs for my max on the bench.

So I went to the gym today and for your info I can bench 235. 155 for alot of pushes and 235 for a couple. I'm sure if I hadn't worn myself out doing other presses with lower weight I could have probably done even more. I was going to add a couple more 5's and 10's but I was tired from wearing myself out earlier.

I highly doubt anyone of you here can say that sucks because it clearly doesn't. For someone who has only been lifting since Jan 2 that is pretty damn good. Actually it's awesome.

I know I'm better for a beginner than 95 percent of you guys were. I don't mean to brag but I'm probably a natural.

As for anyone over 300 I have to see it to believe it. Alot of bodybuilders like to exaggerate I'm sure.

So I went to the gym today and for your info I can bench 235. 155 for alot of pushes and 235 for a couple. I'm sure if I hadn't worn myself out doing other presses with lower weight I could have probably done even more. I was going to add a couple more 5's and 10's but I was tired from wearing myself out earlier.

I highly doubt anyone of you here can say that sucks because it clearly doesn't. For someone who has only been lifting since Jan 2 that is pretty damn good. Actually it's awesome.

I know I'm better for a beginner than 95 percent of you guys were. I don't mean to brag but I'm probably a natural.

As for anyone over 300 I have to see it to believe it. Alot of bodybuilders like to exaggerate I'm sure.

well first, body builders and power lifters are completely different things, for body builders it's not about how much you can lift it's about how much you look like you could lift... so there's not much reason to exaggerate.
second, if that's you in your avatar, I damn well hope you could do 235 a couple times, you look like you weigh 275lbs...but once again, not much to brag about. i have a buddy who can take a 2 year brake from lifting and do 275lbs on his first day back(10-15 reps)
235 is a decent start, but IT"S NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT. especially if you weigh as much as it looks like you weigh.

well first, body builders and power lifters are completely different things, for body builders it's not about how much you can lift it's about how much you look like you could lift... so there's not much reason to exaggerate.
second, if that's you in your avatar, I damn well hope you could do 235 a couple times, you look like you weigh 275lbs...but once again, not much to brag about. i have a buddy who can take a 2 year brake from lifting and do 275lbs on his first day back(10-15 reps)
235 is a decent start, but IT"S NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT. especially if you weigh as much as it looks like you weigh.

For your information I don't weight 275. I'm not that fat thank you.

How are bodybuilders and powerlifters different things. They both pump iron for crying out loud. Ooohhh...big diff pal.

Thanks bud, glad you straigtened that out for me. Apparantly you didnt read post #17 either. Once again sarcasm misses its mark on the internet. lol.

Sorry Estray I did catch that; my apology. I was just throwing that up for others to see. I could have reworded that better perhaps.

hey bro, here's some advice..shut the fuck up..and listen. stop making your stupid smart ass remarks, these guys are trying to help and educate you and you keep throwing it back like an idiot.. and I was kidding about the douche bag thing b.c of your comment.

im probably the youngest member here and I'll go ahead and say it, your wearing down your welcome..

nur tun sie uns allen einen gefallen und lassen sie aaron oder smarten bis ok??

for all the Germans, know what I mean haha

God you are so lame. I think you are the one wearing out your welcome here pal.

So everybody here is allowed to make smartass remarks to the new guy but the new guy is not allowed to make smart ass remarks to anyone? I don't think so.

I have no doubt you are the youngest member here because you act like the most inmature member.

To be honest, most people probably could never lift 235 lbs. You have to take into account how big they are; or small. You have to take into account their age; young or old. You have to take into account if they are juiced or not.

Here is a Bench Press Standard ... of people not on Steroids or GH or anything else.

Bench Press Standards

While younger for my weight I only got to the Advanced for Bench Pressing; darn close to making it to Elite and probably would have reached it easily enough if I continued with my program and not joining martial arts and switching my workouts to fit that. However now at 40, some injuries incurred from martial arts and general wear and tear I am on the lower level Advanced and as I age that will decline.

I think some people need to take a step back and remember what they are taking before jumping on somebody.

wtf who saids this am i the only one that think he talks like a immature 5yr old child

if this guy is real he is definitely not 24.. i say 15 at that

You think I'm inmature? Look at your picture..it's a freaking cartoon of a fish. What the hell does a fish have to with steroids or bodybuilding?

I don't care what you guys think of me anymore.

To be honest, most people probably could never lift 235 lbs. You have to take into account how big they are; or small. You have to take into account their age; young or old. You have to take into account if they are juiced or not.

Here is a Bench Press Standard ... of people not on Steroids or GH or anything else.

Bench Press Standards

While younger for my weight I only got to the Advanced for Bench Pressing; darn close to making it to Elite and probably would have reached it easily enough if I continued with my program and not joining martial arts and switching my workouts to fit that. However now at 40, some injuries incurred from martial arts and general wear and tear I am on the lower level Advanced and as I age that will decline.

I think some people need to take a step back and remember what they are taking before jumping on somebody.

Finally thank you!

I knew I was doing good and I AM NOT on steroids. These guys probably bench so good because they are steroid heads!

I am pretty good but I want to be better but I'm still happy!

it was given to me but a mod and im proud of it crybaby go change ur diapper and suck on ur pacifier

Finally thank you!

I knew I was doing good and I AM NOT on steroids. These guys probably bench so good because they are steroid heads!

I am pretty good but I want to be better but I'm still happy!

Bro please stfu and die. This forum is for learning about STERIODS. Hence the name.....btw you ARE a fat shit.

Back