So How Much Can You Bench Press?

Everyone best cut out all the flaming or there are going to be consequences.

Death to powerpenisstroke 32.

Originally Posted by AARONHARRISON
Shut up loser. I was just making fun of myself when you were trying to be mean to me.

A muzzle is EXACTLY what you need.

I'll be ready for gear really soon jerk and I will be sticking around here whether you like it or not to become an encyclopedia of steroids jerk

stone he's still bad mouthing people and i dont see him facing any consequences whats up with that

Originally Posted by AARONHARRISON
Shut up loser. I was just making fun of myself when you were trying to be mean to me.

A muzzle is EXACTLY what you need.

I'll be ready for gear really soon jerk and I will be sticking around here whether you like it or not to become an encyclopedia of steroids jerk

stone he's still bad mouthing people and i dont see him facing any consequences whats up with that

Man you are such a rat. Can I call you rat now?

For your information I have recieved warning infractions and red blocks and a pop up message. Just because I dont' share getting in trouble doesn't mean I haven't.

You are such a big rat I wonder if you maybe aren't a narc.

well u got powerstroke in trouble and all his rep points were taken away i think the same should be done to u.. and the last i checked ur the one thats le

well u got powerstroke in trouble and all his rep points were taken away i think the same should be done to u.. and the last i checked ur the one thats le

He got me in trouble too for your information. I did not take his blocks away I don't know how so that isn't my fault. I don't know why I have green but I think more people like me than don't and give me green.

Hi narc!

WHINER, Powerstroke, and ARRON........enough.

Either this thread gets back on topic or I start deleting posts myself to clean it up, and when I am forced to do that, let's just say it's NOT GOOD for those involved.

aaron man, I'm trying to help, but you still won't post your stats. if you dont' want a serious answer just lemme know and I'l ignore the thread.

Reap!
I've been some bad and good...Buddy!

You?

ther's a general chat now, you've seen?

aaron man, I'm trying to help, but you still won't post your stats. if you dont' want a serious answer just lemme know and I'l ignore the thread.

I posted them alot now. I am 24 years old. I am 5 ft 10 and I thought I was about 210 pounds but I weighed myself this weekend and I'm 230. That extra weight snuck in there..haha.

WHINER, Powerstroke, and ARRON........enough.

Either this thread gets back on topic or I start deleting posts myself to clean it up, and when I am forced to do that, let's just say it's NOT GOOD for those involved.

Sorry StoneColdNTO. I don't want to get banned from the board. I will go to talking back about bench pressing.

I think I bench 235 but ill have to get back with you on that...and yes this threat was very entertaining but im glad to see it all stopped....Keep up the entertaining posts

I posted them alot now. I am 24 years old. I am 5 ft 10 and I thought I was about 210 pounds but I weighed myself this weekend and I'm 230. That extra weight snuck in there..haha.

aight, well what you're benching is a good start but you've got a ways do go before you can start braggin', I'm not trying to be insulting, it's the truth. I can't bench shit personally, one of my worst exercises, but I don't really pay too much attention to it because it's not one of the better chest exercises. and I'm more into looks then strength.
just for the sake of knowing what are your goals?

dont really max very often but ive got 500 before. ive hit 225 for 49 reps and 405 for 12 reps,at my best. i weighed 248 at the time.27 years old.

I read this earlier and shook my head. Why would anybody do a rep of 49? It probably has more negative effects then positive.

Face it, our bodies are fragile and weight lifting puts a lot of stress on it. By lifting smart we are reducing this stress level to a point where it can be beneficial. High reps is a negative thing to do. I will give you an example to better explain.

If you have a piece of metal and start to bend it continually back and forth the focal point will start to literally create heat making it easier to bend. If you were to continue to do this over and over at high intervals eventually that piece of metal is going to break.

The metal is our body in this case. We warm up to weight lift to get our muscles ready and then the idea is to lift big with low reps and then rest before doing it again. This period of time also acts as a cooling down phase; and though the muscle is still warm from use it is not over used. After a set number of reps and sets we rest so that our body can heal and recover so we can do it again.

High reps again is putting undue stress on joints, ligaments and tendons; not to mention probably bone structure and muscle. Continuing with high rep exercises will just break down the body and you are asking for trouble. It may not be apparent now but as you get older and your body goes through life changes, things will be known then.

While we all don't weight lift for the same reasons, never should high reps be abused and not for any length of time. I would never suggest more then 12 weighted reps personally. This I would even suggest for any type of program whether doing this to get bigger, stronger or faster. In order to focus on any one of these areas then you need to train "how" you are lifting not how many reps. You want to be bigger then lift like a body builder and go to failure on your lifts; lift slowly up and slowly down. You want to be stronger then use a strengthening type of workout. If you want to be faster then lift explosively. All of these with the right type of weight that allows for a controlled amount of reps.

Just my opinion.

This is from another thread that I think touches on what I'm talking about.

If you're trying to build muscle stay with the low rep heavy weight. High reps does'nt attack the muscle building fibers as much.. also with that many sets your probably losing energy compromising the efficiency of the other exercises.

Totally agree.

Now some may question my upper level of 12, but again I say that is my preference. When I weight lift I want to get in and get out and do the most I can in that time with intensity. For me doing more then 12 reps means I am there that much longer and I know that I can accomplish what I need with more weight and less reps so why would I waste my time.

Actually the bench press is the #1 chest exercise and the one that hits the chest 100%.

yea I'dd have to dissagree with it being the #1 chest exercise. i'm no expert on the physics of the human body, but watch any of the modern pro body builers dvd's and almost none of them do flat barbell bench press. personally I'dd prefer a DB over a BB any day.
Remember i'm talkin in a strictly bodybuilding sense, it may be the best chest exercise for ovarall strength and sports, but not for body building.

Last edited:
Back