So YOU want to be a body Builder

Yeah, seems like 3J is the man, and I'm sure i'll end up hiring him as well. I'd be interested to know how long that lasts PB as well! I've been giving Intermittent fasting a try and so far so good. It actually works into my schedule pretty well at this point, but definitely not good for bulking. I'm cutting at 2700 calories a day now, and trying to fit all those calories into an 8 hour window is an absolute pain. Not only that but my workouts are fasted, just BCAAs before and during. My buddy is also a nutritionist working in the field and he's using me as his guinea pig :D

^
Zeek, you hiring 3j for pre-contest of just getting lean as hell for personal satisfaction?

Good -- thread, wish I could post my article regarding "The Delusions and Reality of Steroid Cycling" ---the pre-cycle checklist would mesh well with this thread,

I keep it extra "real" in that piece.

-Matt

By all means at least toss a link to the article!

Just going for a leaner version of me as I progress into old age! The big bulky has served me well but I'm sure the heart and other organs would appreciate a leaner and lighter version of me.

By all means at least toss a link to the article!

Just going for a leaner version of me as I progress into old age! The big bulky has served me well but I'm sure the heart and other organs would appreciate a leaner and lighter version of me.

Have you achieved extraordinary level of conditioning in years past? Contest-like conditioning?

Hey--- never too late to enter a show -- maybe Masters if your eligible?

The Delusions and Reality of Steroid Cycling

-Matt

Reactions: 3J
I'll be 50 on my next birthday so I'm deep into the masters at this point.

Never contest shape! The lowest body fat I've ever been was 10% and I stay at or above 14% these days. Power lifting was my thing for about 10 years and then i switched over into bodybuilding.

So many of my friends have competed at local/ state and a couple at national level. They have tried to talk me into it for years but I see what they go through to get stage ready and no thanks! :)

Excellent link BTW Matt!

Have you achieved extraordinary level of conditioning in years past? Contest-like conditioning?

-Matt

Great link Matt, I really enjoyed reading it. Although I can check all the items off my list, I'm still going to wait another 6 months or so before doing a cycle. I don't want to be one of the countless steroid casualties

I was considering holding out on this last meal I had but what the heck, have to show it all

I had sweet bread (organ meat)

blood sausage

cattle intestines

and beef ribs

all cooked over oak wood by the next door neighbor. he hooked me up with a huge plate and I devoured it!

I made a salad with olive oil, a bowl of pinto beans and about half a pound of peruvian cherries.

I won't eat again till I get home from the gym.

I love how this thread went from wanting to be a bodybuilder to food envy. I think for my 2nd cycle I want to actually train like a bodybuilder for once instead of just moving more weight.

^
Now that is serious!!!

Lot's of nourishing micronutrients in that meal

-Matt

I'm glad someone appreciates those food items!! They were really good also Matt!

I bet some guys are ready to puke after seeing that last meal.

VM I think PB's intention was to focus on the food and what one should be eating to make gains. That is some quality protein in the pic he posted but he still won't answer the question of.. How long does that last him :p

Zeek, man... Organ meat? Intestines? My chicken from Aldi is sounding pretty good right about now! :D

LOL Spongy! You got me

I think PhatBastard stays up all night and sleeps all day! After he eats all of that good food :p

Zeek sir, I am very impressed by how much you can eat! How tall are you pops? I'm trying to picture what you must look like!

I'm glad someone appreciates those food items!! They were really good also Matt!

I bet some guys are ready to puke after seeing that last meal.

VM I think PB's intention was to focus on the food and what one should be eating to make gains. That is some quality protein in the pic he posted but he still won't answer the question of.. How long does that last him :p

Ok Fellas I got my PHAT ASS off the couch!

I dont know how to do the multiple Quates in one reply yet!

That amount of meat will Last me Realistically a week to a week and a half! That was last nights shopping trip!

So far there are 2 Ribyes 4 8oz Chicken breasts and 10 eggs Missing. I still have 3 more meals to consume today!

To me This has alway been the worst part of this game! Because of my size any more and for many years trying to get to this size! It's a second Job EATING Every three hours If I'm awake Like clock work 2.5 hrs pass I'm humgry

Happy to see all the responces Fellas Keed it up

-Matt

Hey Thanks MATT

Damn Bro your a beast as well!

Hey Thats a great read If you can Cut and paste the whole thing in here thats to good to hide! I tried but it keeps grabbing the adds and every thing!

Thanks Phat

I was considering holding out on this last meal I had but what the heck, have to show it all

I had sweet bread (organ meat)

blood sausage

cattle intestines

and beef ribs

all cooked over oak wood by the next door neighbor. he hooked me up with a huge plate and I devoured it!

I made a salad with olive oil, a bowl of pinto beans and about half a pound of peruvian cherries.

I won't eat again till I get home from the gym.

Well The Salad sounds Good LOL

The thought of Eating Cow Butt holes is doing NOTHING for my appitite! I don't give a damn how big it will make me! I AINT DOING IT

Last edited:
I eat a LOT but I am only 235ish. You guys that weight over 250 sure eat a shitload of food. I need to figure out a way to free up more time. Wife, baby, work, lifting, cooking, sleeping...... IDK how in the hell I could cook more and still have time to eat and shop for it. NICE WORK!!!!

Back