TheMilkMan's Quest for 1750

Looks good - are you easing off on the lower back exercises to give your back a achance to recover or going for light weight?
I am debating giving my upper body a vacation or just going super light while I have this tennis elbow.

I've been going lighter and working on getting my back muscles themselves stronger in order to prevent future injuries.

I'd take it easy on the upper body til you feel recovered.

ME Lower Back/Lower Body Hypertrophy

Low Rack Pulls 225/8, 225/8, 275/5, 315/5
Hyper-extensions bw/12 x 3
Leg Press (Feet 4" apart) 1-->6plates/20, 3plates/40
Calf Press 3plates/25 x 3

*felt good for training at an odd hour
*lower back held up nice and I'm excited that I could get up to 315 without any problems

I'd take it easy on the upper body til you feel recovered.
Not what i wanted to hear but i know you are right - LOL hate having this happen while I am running all this expensive gear!

Low Rack Pulls 225/8, 225/8, 275/5, 315/5
Hyper-extensions bw/12 x 3
Leg Press (Feet 4" apart) 1-->6plates/20, 3plates/40
Calf Press 3plates/25 x 3

*felt good for training at an odd hour
*lower back held up nice and I'm excited that I could get up to 315 without any problems

What do you get out of the rack pulls that you don't get out of deads? or are you not doing deads ATM?

ME Bench Press/Shoulder Hypertrophy

CG Incline Bench 225/3, 250/2, 275/1
Flat Bench Flyes 55's/10, 55's/10, 55's/8
DB Shoulder Press 65's/10, 75's/10, 80's/8
JM Presses 90/12, 110/12, 125/10, 135/6
Hang Cleans 135/5, 165/5, 185/3

*Strength was pretty good today although I was kind of tired during the day. Shouldn't have done the flyes because they really have no use in PLing.

Not what i wanted to hear but i know you are right - LOL hate having this happen while I am running all this expensive gear!

That is a huge bummer. I would drop the Tren til you felt better and then get back on it again.

What do you get out of the rack pulls that you don't get out of deads? or are you not doing deads ATM?

I like rack pulls as a deadlift variation. There not quite as good as deadlifts IMO, but they are still pretty effective.

Sup MM? Sorry I haven't chimed in a little while, shits been hectic with work and trying to close on the house here and this whole testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) thing is a doozey let me tell you.

Your #'s are really looking good for natural. It sounds trivial but I like how your up to 135 for 6 on JM's. I love that exercise. Whens your next cycle, sorry if I missed it in your log?

I forgot to ask what line of work your in? I can see a scientist or chemist of some sort for you but it sounds like you might be in sales, just curious.

That is a huge bummer. I would drop the Tren til you felt better and then get back on it again.

I like rack pulls as a deadlift variation. There not quite as good as deadlifts IMO, but they are still pretty effective.

I mite have to try out the rack pulls - never did them before - U lift way more than with deads?

Can't drop the tren - i want to stay on schedule to finish this cycle in December. I dont have the luxury of being 22! hahahahaha I really want to see if I can do a comp next year - while I am still on the young side of the masters 50 class! But I def need some more size...

Sup MM? Sorry I haven't chimed in a little while, shits been hectic with work and trying to close on the house here and this whole testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) thing is a doozey let me tell you.

Your #'s are really looking good for natural. It sounds trivial but I like how your up to 135 for 6 on JM's. I love that exercise. Whens your next cycle, sorry if I missed it in your log?

I forgot to ask what line of work your in? I can see a scientist or chemist of some sort for you but it sounds like you might be in sales, just curious.

Life always takes precedence, so I understand. I was actually in BMore this last weekend for the marathon (I didn't run in it lol) and I must say I liked the nicer areas of the city.

The testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) thing will figure itself out, I'm sure it will all end up well and the way you want it to be.

Being as I've been working around/healing an injury, I'm very happy that my numbers have been this good. I'm happy that my bench has been improving as well as some of my accessory exercises (like the JM's).

My next cycle will be post-4th Quarter for sure and maybe even post birthday (mid-February). I'll be having way too much shit going on to focused on cycling the right way. I think it's going to be a Test P/NPP cycle with another compound to close with (maybe Var, Masteron, or TBol). We'll see.

Do I work in sales??? Kind of. You have a PM.

I mite have to try out the rack pulls - never did them before - U lift way more than with deads?

Can't drop the tren - i want to stay on schedule to finish this cycle in December. I dont have the luxury of being 22! hahahahaha I really want to see if I can do a comp next year - while I am still on the young side of the masters 50 class! But I def need some more size...

Ultimately, yes you can lift more. It's something to get used to though. The bar position is a little bit weird to begin with, but you'll like it.

Good luck with the competing, that should be an awesome journey to embark on.

. Shouldn't have done the flyes because they really have no use in PLing.[/QUOTE said:
a few non PL excercises thrown in here and there for variety and strengthen stabilizer muscles is good IMO.

ME Lowerbody/Back Hypertrophy

10/15/09

Good Mornings 135/8, 160/8, 185/5, 210/5, 235/5, 250/3
Cable Rows (Wide grip, pulled to upper chest) 135/15, 150/12, 165/10
Leverage Lat Pull 90/15, 115/12, 140/8
Decline Abs bw/20 x 3
superset w/
Standing Calf Raises 195/20, 195/15 x 2

*trained at like 6am which is NOT normal for me at all
*felt good... love when the numbers are on the rise

ME Shoulders/Dynamic Effort Upperbody

10/19/09

Smith Machine Shoulder Press 175/5, 185/5, 195/7
CG Rack Presses (4" above chest) 185/10, 205/8, 225/3
Decline DE Bench (mid-grip) 185/5 x 5 (30 sec rest)
Side Raises 45's/10, 55's/10, 65's/10 (used some body english)
DB Floor Extensions 35's/12, 40's/9, 40's/8

*Smith Machine was definitely one in which the unloaded bar was heavier than 15lbs... the weight was definitely heavy
*no bouncing on the rack presses, touched the rack and pressed back up
*felt pretty good training today

"ME" Lower Body/Leg Hypertrophy

10/21/09

Deadlifts 185/8, 225/8, 275/5, 325/5*no belt, no wraps... super easy
Lying Leg Curls 100/12, 120/9, 140/6*tried doing GHR's but my gym doesn't have a good place to do them... figured going heavy on Leg Curls is a decent compromise
Plate Loading Squat Press 2plates/20, 4plates/20, 6plates/12
Seated Calf Press 140/20, 140/18, 140/16
superset w/
Barbell Curls 80/15, 90/12, 100/10, 60/12 (hard pause at top)

*Felt pretty good, only going to be adding 5-10lbs per DL session to make sure my back stays healthy and strong.

*On another note, the back thing definitely happened because of Squatting. As I was doing the Plate Loading, I felt the slightest ache in my lower back. Will have to be very cautious going forward.

ME Bench Press

10/24/09

Bench Press 225/5, 255/3, 275/3, 295/2
Incline DB Press 70's/10, 80's/10
Rope Pushdowns 100/15 x 2
Overhead Barbell Extensions 100/12 x 2, 110/8

*Didn't feel that great today but it was a good session none the less.
*Although Lou Simmon's produces some of the strongest dudes in the world hardly ever hitting the flat bench, I don't find that effective for me. I need to make sure I keep up with the flat bench because that is the only way I will improve.

Looks like your going back to more of a BBing routine.

Glad to see your back is handling 300+ on DL, you should be back to where you were in no time, just in time for the monsters of bench in April where we need you pullin 6.

Hey whats GHR's? Oh and my legs are beastly what are you talking about, haha yea right.

Looks like your going back to more of a BBing routine.

Glad to see your back is handling 300+ on DL, you should be back to where you were in no time, just in time for the monsters of bench in April where we need you pullin 6.

Hey whats GHR's? Oh and my legs are beastly what are you talking about, haha yea right.

I'm pretty much just hitting a major compound and then some accessory work around that. So it's more PLing than BBing for sure.

I'm happy the lower back is feeling better as well. It's really nice to feel comfortable having some weight in my hands.

Glute Ham Raises.

Rep Effort Squats/Upper Back

10/26/09

Box Squats 135/10, 185/8, 205/5, 225/10
One Arm DB Rows 50/15, 85/15, 120/15
Lat Pull(Wide Supinated Grip) 165/12, 180/10, 195/7
DB Hammer Curls 45's/10, 55's/8 x 2
Roman Chair Leg Raises bw/15 x 3

*felt pretty good today
*the box that I rigged up to Squat onto sinks me really deep, so it's pretty hard to use a lot of weight

10/26/09

*the box that I rigged up to Squat onto sinks me really deep, so it's pretty hard to use a lot of weight

According to Wendler/Tate they say thats how they train n squats. They say getting used to a little more than below parrallel will help you power out of the hole better and when you go to regular squats at parrallel you should be way stronger. Im gonna look into rigging up a box like that myself, glad you mentioned it.

Upper Body Hypertrophy

10/28

Flat DB Bench 50's/20, 70's/10, 90's/5, 110's/9
Dips bw/20, bw/15, bw/15 (50 total was the goal)
JM Presses 95/12, 115/8, 135/6, 155/6
Rope Pushdowns 90/15 x 2

Decline Bench Crunches bw/20 x 3
Hang Cleans 95/10 x 2 (super explosive), 135/8

*Felt pretty good overall. Would have liked to squeek out a few more reps on the DB bench press, but I guess there is nothing I can do.

Deadlift

11/2/09

Deadlifts 225/5, 275/5, 315/5, 335/5
Pull Ups bw/8 x 2, bw/6 x 2
One Arm DB Rows 85's/10, 100's/10, 115's/12
Seated DB Curls 35's/10 x 2
Nautilus Bi-Angular Curls 90/12 x 2

*back felt strong through out the lift... really need to start doing cardio again
*only going to be focusing on bench and Deadlift for the time being...

Split will look something like:
Deadlift + Accessory Work
Bench + Accessory Work
Box Squat (light)/Legs

Back