TheMilkMan's Quest for 1750

yes use a belt and dont pull your stomach in but learn to push it out against the belt. This way you get support on the spine both sides. And see yourself having that much stronger posterior.

Great advice - and make sure it's really tight - like you can't slip your fingers in there between the belly/back & belt.

Milky (MOFO too) if your back still bothers you 3 weeks into the new routine, I'd recommend acupuncture. it's really great for back stuff - somehow it loosens up or relieves the muscle pressure and allows it to heal better. plus you may have your chee blocked...;-)

Milky (MOFO too) if your back still bothers you 3 weeks into the new routine, I'd recommend acupuncture. it's really great for back stuff - somehow it loosens up or relieves the muscle pressure and allows it to heal better. plus you may have your chee blocked...;-)

Lol, I like the idea, but it's too much of an out of pocket cost right now. My insurance isn't the best, but it isn't bad and I'll definitely be utilizing it as much as possible right now. I'm thinking about going to my Dr. for my "routine physical" which they cover 100% and then get everything figured out from there. I just really hope that it's not anything with my sciatic nerve.

I really think its ur sciatic nerve Milk. I have had the same issues U are describing for bout 4 yrs now, and was diagnosed with sciatic nerve damage. Sometimes shit happens, U learn to train and deal with it, and no, it doesnt go away unfortunately.

mikea... I was doing some reading and it seems like all the big PLers train like this...

Day 1: Heavy Bench
Day 3: Deadlift/Squat
Day 5: Accessory Bench or Heavy Bench (maybe when I'm ON again)
Day 7/8: Deadlift/Squat
Repeat

I'm thinking that right now having so many issues, this might be the best and smartest way to do it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Either way, I have to pick something and make a schedule for myself because being in the Wendler routine made me value writing down my training for the day and getting at it.

Also, I tried the lat spread thing you were talking about today doing some accessory work and I just couldn't get the feel for it. Using an unweighted bar I was able to do it no problem, but using even 135lbs I couldn't get a handle on it.

Last edited:
I really think its ur sciatic nerve Milk. I have had the same issues U are describing for bout 4 yrs now, and was diagnosed with sciatic nerve damage. Sometimes shit happens, U learn to train and deal with it, and no, it doesnt go away unfortunately.

I wish I could accept that, but I can't because at this point it's disrupting my every day life. I think the route cause may be the facet joint in my back that I fractured a little while back. If I re-aggravated it, it makes perfect sense. If not, I gotta figure something out.

For U, I really hope thats the case. Keep us posted. I agree, dont accept anything until U have no other choice, especially when it starts affecting ur everyday life.

Overhead Press

Seated DB Press 50's/10, 65's/5, 80's/5, 90's/8*max effort @ weight
CGBP 185/8 x 3
Close Grip Lat Pull 150/10, 180/10, 210/9
One Arm DB Extensions 30's/15, 35's/12
superset w/
Barbell Curls 70/12, 70/12

*in and out of the gym in about 40 minutes

Lower Body DE

Parallel Box Squats 185/3 x 9 (completed in 6 minutes 30 seconds)
DB SLDL's 60's/12, 65's/10, 65's/10
Reverse Hypers bw/12, 10, 10
Decline Bench Crunches bw/25, 20, 15
Farmers Walk 100's/~200 feet x 2

*liked the training for the day
*Tried to limit rest in between Squat sets to 30-40 seconds. Could have used more weight, but I wanted to start very light.
*Being quick and explosive out of the bottom of a box squat is VERY hard. Going to work really hard at getting more speed through the lift.

Bench Press ME

Close Grip Decline Press 255/3, 275/3, 295/2.5
JM Presses 80/15, 90/15, 110/12
Rope Pushdowns 120/12, 130/10, 140/8
Side Raises 30's/12, 35's/12, 40's/10
HS Hi-Lo Rows 115/12, 135/12, 135/10, 145/8
EZ Curl Bar Curls 80/12, 80/12

*Felt pretty good today. A little bit more volume than I'm accustom to, but I didn't fatigue to the point in which I thought it was too much.
*Took it really easy on the JM Presses because frankly I forgot how much weight I could actually use. Now that I have a bench mark, I'm going to go heavier.
*Got the slightest bit of help on the lock out of the heaviest triple. Going to stick with the CG Decline Press until the third ME training session and then switch to something else.

Parallel Box Squats 185/3 x 9 (completed in 6 minutes 30 seconds)
*Being quick and explosive out of the bottom of a box squat is VERY hard. Going to work really hard at getting more speed through the lift.

Nice set dude - By "Paral;lel" u mean your quads are parallel to the ground? What's for foot distance look like? I love box squats - always feels like I have to give 110% to get back up! LOL - I'm not sure I could ever describe it as explosive tho....

Nice set dude - By "Paral;lel" u mean your quads are parallel to the ground? What's for foot distance look like? I love box squats - always feels like I have to give 110% to get back up! LOL - I'm not sure I could ever describe it as explosive tho....

Yeah, quads end up at least parallel to the ground. They're probably actually a little deeper, but I'll call it parallel.

I take a very wide stance. Most people would probably think I was going sumo, but I'd say my feet are at least 6 inches outside of my shoulders.

The idea about quick and explosive is the dynamic part of the lift. The quicker and more explosive you can make the movement, in theory, the more weight you should be able to use when doing a max effort lift.

Yeah, quads end up at least parallel to the ground. They're probably actually a little deeper, but I'll call it parallel.

I take a very wide stance. Most people would probably think I was going sumo, but I'd say my feet are at least 6 inches outside of my shoulders.

The idea about quick and explosive is the dynamic part of the lift. The quicker and more explosive you can make the movement, in theory, the more weight you should be able to use when doing a max effort lift.

Thanks MM - I did regular squats today and kept thinking - "okay EXPLOSIVE!" LOL - it worked until about the 7th rep, then I just thot "get the fukkin weight up, assho!" hahahaha - worked tho - quads were fried! Did 6 sets and maxed out at 230! Not bad for an old dude?:dance2:

"ME" Lower Body

Squats 225/10 x 2
Rack Pulls 225/10 x 3
Leg Press 5plates/12 x 3
Hanging Leg Raises bw/15 x 2
superset w/
Standing Calf Raises 195/10 x 2(super slow)
Decline Bench Crunches bw/15 x 2
superset w/
Standing Calf Raises 195/20 x 2 (fast as possible)

*So unfortunately my back has gotten no better at all and if nothing else, it actually feels a little bit worse. I had a lot of discomfort when I got into the whole when I was Squatting. On top of the back thing, my knees are starting to kill me and I think I have some nice tendinitis in both of them... Things aren't looking good. I think I'm just going to do my best for now and take it easy in my legs/knees and try to rehab everything the best I possibly can. No reason to hurt myself now and limit what I can do for the rest of my life.

DE Bench Press

Bench Press 175/3 x 3CG, 185/3 x 3MG, 185/3 x 3WG (kept all the sets to less than 3 seconds total)
CG HS Bench Press 2plates/15, 11, 12
Skull Crushers 90/8 x 3
One Arm DB Rows 105/15, 115/15, 125/10
Hammer Curls 45's/13, 55's/10
One Arm Reverse Cable Curls 40/10 x 2

*Felt really good today. I really like changing up the plan on the training from super heavy to light and explosive every session. It really makes me want to train hard and keep things fresh every time I train.

**Hoping that I wake up tomorrow morning and my back feels better.

You take glucosamine/chondroiton by any chance?

Some people say it works, some not...I say HELL YES. I was always achy and my shoulder always killed. Ever since Ive been using it I havent had any aches in my hips, knees, shoulders, nothing.

Just a thought

You take glucosamine/chondroiton by any chance?

Some people say it works, some not...I say HELL YES. I was always achy and my shoulder always killed. Ever since Ive been using it I havent had any aches in my hips, knees, shoulders, nothing.

Just a thought

You know what man... I used to take it and it worked. I have a HUGE bottle of it that I'm going to start up tomorrow. I guess the problem lately is that I'm so busy, I kinda throw supplementation to a way side even though I shouldn't. I'm going to start that up tomorrow.

DE Lower Body

Box Squats 185/2 x 3, 195/2 x 3, 205/2 x 4
Good Mornings 135/8, 145/8, 155/8
Leg Extensions 100/15, 110/15, 120/15
superset w/
Lying Leg Curls 100/15, 100/15, 100/10
Seated Calf Raises 90/20, 115/18, 140/10, 70/6 DC Set

Spread Eagle Sit Ups bw/15, bw/12
Weighted Cable Crunches 100/20, 130/20
Roman Chair Leg Raises bw/15, bw/15

*Finally figured out a way to rig up Box so I could actually sit back, sink into a cushion and explode up
*Good mornings felt great and I'm curious how much weight I'd be able to move around if I was fresh
*Started Squatting at 6:20pm and was out of the gym by 7:10pm...

Hey milky - nice workout - can't believe u jammed that into 50 mins - props, dude! Whats the deal w/ the cushion? or is tha an expression? I'm loving the box squats and alternating between those & reg squats every week. About the glucosamine chondroitin - I heard that Glucosamine MSM was better for you - that chondroitin has no proven benefit - food for thot.

Off topic: what sides did u get with Tren A and test P - apart from thenight sweats. Did u feel emotional after a few weeks? Lemme know if you want me to ask elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hey milky - nice workout - can't believe u jammed that into 50 mins - props, dude! Whats the deal w/ the cushion? or is tha an expression? I'm loving the box squats and alternating between those & reg squats every week. About the glucosamine chondroitin - I heard that Glucosamine MSM was better for you - that chondroitin has no proven benefit - food for thot.

Off topic: what sides did u get with Tren A and test P - apart from thenight sweats. Did u feel emotional after a few weeks? Lemme know if you want me to ask elsewhere.

I found a cushion type thing in the gym that is used for the vertical leg press. I took the cushion and put it on this low steel box that we have at the gym and BAM... now I can do true box squats. Look through YouTube and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

Tren gave me night sweats, a little bit of insomnia, acne on my back and chest, and I had a hard time eating when on it. If you can get through the night sweats/insomnia (which I was able to do), Tren is pretty awesome.

Back