TheMilkMan's Quest for 1750

Day 40: Week 6: Standing Military Press

Wave 2: Week 2: 3x3

Day 40: Standing Military Press
130lbs(70%)/3
150lbs(80%)/3
165lbs(90%)/13*

*felt good lifting although it was ANOTHER long day... I am getting more adjusted to the long work day though

Assistance Work:
Multi-Angle Presses 70's/12, 12, 12, 11
Lat Pull Downs 180/12, 190/12, 200/10, 210/8

*Multi-Angle Presses are something I thought up recently (I take no credit for them, I'm sure someone else thought of them already) and wanted to give a try... Basically you pick a weight you can use for 12 reps on DB Shoulder Press and do 4-5 sets total, decreasing the incline by about 15 degrees each set... smokes the Shoulders and by the time you are near flat, your Chest is taking the brunt of it
*smashed a PR... hit 2 more reps than the last time I worked with 165 only 22 days ago... I still have one more heavy Military day to see what I can do

Last edited:
Day 42: Week 6: Deadlifts

Day 42: Deadlifts
320lbs(70%)/3
370lbs(80%)/3
415lbs(90%)/7

*didn't feel good at all today... was low energy and lacked a lot of motivation

Assistance Work:
Power Shrugs 225/12 x 4
DB Hammer Curls 55's/10, 60's/8, 60's/8
Hanging Leg Raises bw/15 x 4

*left hamstring got pretty tight mid way through my deadlifting work... I'm going to have to monitor that A LOT
*was kinda disappointed that I only got 7 reps at 415, but then I thought about it and realized that Wendler calls for 3 or more, which means that I was successful

Just checking in and seeing how the new program/log is progessing! :) Lookin' great bro. Looks like someone found a new inspiration and rededication ;) Not that you weren't already dedicated..lol Seriously, its probably the smartest program you can run during an "off" cycle period. Keep going strong brutha, I'm excited to see this log progress!!!

Day 44: Week 7: Bench Press

Day 44: Bench Press
210lbs(70%)/3
240lbs(80%)/3
270lbs(90%)/7

*felt low energy but got as jacked up as possible for the last set
*really getting the form down, keeping the elbows tucked and the back arched

Assistance Work:
Dips bw/20, 15, 12, 12
One Arm DB Rows 110/15, 110/15, 120/12, 120/12
Barbell Curls 70/20
JM Presses 70/20

*grip has been feeling super strong
*threw in a set of biceps and triceps for the hell of it... figured that the upper body compounds were done for the week, so I'd finish the day off with a set of each

Just checking in and seeing how the new program/log is progessing! :) Lookin' great bro. Looks like someone found a new inspiration and rededication ;) Not that you weren't already dedicated..lol Seriously, its probably the smartest program you can run during an "off" cycle period. Keep going strong brutha, I'm excited to see this log progress!!!

Thanks bro... I find it hard to keep motivated after working a 10 hour day and everyday life issues, but I keep at it and I've been progressing well.

I really like the PLing ideology. It just makes so much sense to me right now that I don't see myself changing anything up in the near future.

I was thinkin of taking my tape measure in next week and seeing how much im shortening up the travel of the bar. Cool little tip I saw on a Tate youtube clip.

Does your gym have benches with big j hooks. The nice pling beches seem to have room to roll the bar forward a little in the j hook bench that might help you out too. Ill hit you up PM soon Pitt got to me a little turned business into sushi and drink pleasure, lol

I was thinkin of taking my tape measure in next week and seeing how much im shortening up the travel of the bar. Cool little tip I saw on a Tate youtube clip.

Does your gym have benches with big j hooks. The nice pling beches seem to have room to roll the bar forward a little in the j hook bench that might help you out too. Ill hit you up PM soon Pitt got to me a little turned business into sushi and drink pleasure, lol

I've been watching all those videos about the high arch and the elbows tucked and it seems to finally be working out right for me.

The bench that I use does have the big J hooks which is nice because as you said, it allows you to move the bar as necessary to get into the grove.

Days 45-46: Week 7: No Training

*took the weekend off completely... I decided that because I work a rotating schedule and I work long hours, I'm only going to train on days that I work... This will give me more time to relax on days that I have off, rather than worrying about getting in a good training session in also.

Last edited:
Whats up Milky! It looks like your doing very well again:)

Just a note on the chucks, theyre great for squatting, but IMO bad for deads, because they put you on a small platform, i would use your socks or wrestling shoes for that!

Nice to see your learning the arch and the tucked elbows(its beyond me why everybody doesnt do this, even bb´s, but hey if ya dont like your shoulders).

Are you ripping the bar apart for keeping the shoulder blades tucked?(that for me is key to new pr´s!) And also when you get close to lockout you should flare those elbows out for a strong lockout. Have you heard of the pinky/forfinger tip for tucking and flaring? Just in case you didnt know that already:D

Keep it up!!!

Whats up Milky! It looks like your doing very well again:)

Just a note on the chucks, theyre great for squatting, but IMO bad for deads, because they put you on a small platform, i would use your socks or wrestling shoes for that!

Nice to see your learning the arch and the tucked elbows(its beyond me why everybody doesnt do this, even bb´s, but hey if ya dont like your shoulders).

Are you ripping the bar apart for keeping the shoulder blades tucked?(that for me is key to new pr´s!) And also when you get close to lockout you should flare those elbows out for a strong lockout. Have you heard of the pinky/forfinger tip for tucking and flaring? Just in case you didnt know that already:D

Keep it up!!!

I've definitely been feeling pretty good with this new style of training and the numbers I'm hitting. I'll have to look into deadlifting in socks, but the chucks are definitely much better than regular sneakers...

The high arch and elbows tucked are really great for feeling good during the whole benching process, but unfortunately my numbers haven't been skyrocketing. I've always had a lot of trouble getting that big bench I've always wanted, but I guess slow and steady will ultimately win the race. I do flare my elbows at the top to help with the lockout, but you'll need to tell me about the pinky/forefinger tip. Does that have anything to do with grip width?

Day 47: Week 7: Squat

Day 47: Squat
260lbs(70%)/3
295lbs(80%)/3
335lbs(90%)/8

*felt good and very tight through the whole lift

Assistance Work:
Seated Leg Curls 135/20, 18, 18, 15
Leg Press 4plates/30
Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 15
superset w/
Standing Calf Raises 195/12 x 3

*felt good the whole time but was wiped out after the workout...

Day 48: Week 7: Standing Military Press

Day 48: Standing Military Press
140lbs(75%)/5
155lbs(85%)/3
175lbs(95%)/10

*felt OK, was pretty strong through the lift but felt a little unstable

Assistance Work:
HS Incline Press 90/12, 115/12, 125/10, 125/9
Pull Ups + Chin Ups bw/8+4, 7+4, 6+3, 4+2

*nothing too special to report... going to bump the weight up another 5lbs: Standing Military Press: 190 (+5lbs)

Day 50: Week 8: Deadlifts

Day 50: Deadlifts
345lbs(75%)/5
390lbs(85%)/3
435lbs(95%)/5

*not good, not bad... back felt kinda tight

Assistance Work:
Lying Leg Curls 100/15 x 3
Pinwheel Curls 60's/10 x 3
superset w/
DB Shrugs 100's/12 x 3
superset w/
Decline Crunches bw/20 x 3

*going to bump the training max up 10lbs again: Deadlift: 470 (+10lbs)

Day 53: Week 8: Bench Press

Day 53: Bench Press
225lbs(75%)/5
255lbs(85%)/3
285lbs(95%)/3

*felt shitty, would have rather taken a nap than trained...

Assistance Work:
CGBP w/ 2 boards 185/12, 195/12, 205/10, 215/9
Lat Pull Downs 195/195/10, 210/8, 210/7
Reverse Curls 70/15, 80/15, 90/12

*not going to move the bench training max anywhere... really need to get the #'s moving up. I assume that because I played golf today and hung out for a while my training suffered. My back was also tight and I couldn't really arch all that well.

I assume that because I played golf today and hung out for a while my training suffered. My back was also tight and I couldn't really arch all that well.

Dude I battle with whether to train or play golf every week. I can't get the hip turn with my golf swing anymore since I lift weights it really sucks. I also cant get the shoulders up high on my backswing either. Funny I just got off the phone with my friend and he wants to play tommorow but I wanna pull deadlfts instead. Impitiamy of a meathead, lol

You a NY Jets fan? I always wonder where the drawing line is in NY where people like the jets or giants. Go Ravens!

Dude I battle with whether to train or play golf every week. I can't get the hip turn with my golf swing anymore since I lift weights it really sucks. I also cant get the shoulders up high on my backswing either. Funny I just got off the phone with my friend and he wants to play tommorow but I wanna pull deadlfts instead. Impitiamy of a meathead, lol

You a NY Jets fan? I always wonder where the drawing line is in NY where people like the jets or giants. Go Ravens!

Lol, fortunately I have enough flexibility still to have a pretty good golf swing and I would score very well if I played more... I can still shoot in the low 90's only getting on the course 3-4 times a year which IMO isn't too bad.

I am a Jets fan. I don't think there really is a divide. It's normally Jets/Knicks/Yankees or Giants/Knicks/Mets... Don't know why, but that's how it is, lol.

Back