To self medicate or tell the doc....decisions decisions

Thezilla

So I recently got my post bloodwork done and my test serum is 230. All of my other numbers where with normal ranges except my glucose that was 100. Can anybody tell me about that number and is that bad? I researched a bit and from what I got was as long as its not over 150 your good. Any input on that?
Ok so what this thread is really about is whether I should self medicate or not. The reason I am undecided is because I have read many threads in the past that are like no way should you tell your doctor you use steroids becasue then it's on record and could actually end up hurting you more then helping you. Then I see other threads like self medicate? Are you fucking stupid? I am going to start to see a doctor that treats many bodybuilders so he is no stranger to the game. I guess my only concern is that it may possibly go on my medical record.
Stating the obvious my test is super low so I have already started to medicate at 200mg/week test e. (All I could get my hands on right now)
Has anybody been in a similar situation? What do you do in this situation? I know that I do plan on running some more cycles and am actually starting one in couple months.

You answered your own question bud..
Lol not exactly. I was just curious to how others think of the situation and what they would do? You personally what do you do? Go tell you doc hey I'm juiced can you check my bloods.....or do you self medicate and educate yourself the best you can for however long? I mean there are like 4 different questions. All good though

Never tell your doc! No matter how cool you think they are its not in your best interest.
Let your system clear & go see your doctor. Have him run labs on you. Maybe he'll consider TRT. You never know.

We're you in a fasted state at the time of the draw? That might account for the glucose being on the high side. Not knowing your cycle history and age it's hard to say whether the low test is warranted for reckless steroid use, or your just old like me. Trt, is a life sentence, so before you head down that road it's important to know what you signed up for. If you're ok with all that comes with it, I wish you well. It's just that I've friends that question me about upping their test levels for the same reasons I did 5 years ago. Once I explained what comes with it they balked.
For some the sexual upside along with the gym recovery is worth the hassle. For others it isn't. Your choice

We're you in a fasted state at the time of the draw? That might account for the glucose being on the high side. Not knowing your cycle history and age it's hard to say whether the low test is warranted for reckless steroid use, or your just old like me. Trt, is a life sentence, so before you head down that road it's important to know what you signed up for. If you're ok with all that comes with it, I wish you well. It's just that I've friends that question me about upping their test levels for the same reasons I did 5 years ago. Once I explained what comes with it they balked.
For some the sexual upside along with the gym recovery is worth the hassle. For others it isn't. Your choice
wr

Thanks for the input. Well I have a couple posts with age and use ect but to break it down in a nut shell I'm 33. I have run a fair amount of cycles over the years but I wouldn't consider it abuse or careless use. I have only messed with test e and eq though my duration of using always followed by proper pct. To tell the truth I really didn't expect my test to be that low. I took a blood test through my last doc like 2 years ago off gear just asking him to check all my bloods. He did it and when the tests came back they said yep everything was fine. To this day I still wonder what my test was because it could have been 300 and like yea you are good to go. With that being said you said it's my choice but there is no way that my test levels are going to get back up to let's say the 600 range naturally?? I mean 230 is fuxking low and I def don't want to live like this. Oh and yea I was fasting when I took the test so that could be it.

Try this
1000iu hcg ed 10 days
Followed by
Clomid 50/50/50/50
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20

This should kick start your tests but did u get any bloodwork done pre cycle or have some previous results u can compare this to? And how long were u off before u got these bloods done ?

Try this
1000iu hcg ed 10 days
Followed by
Clomid 50/50/50/50
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20

This should kick start your tests but did u get any bloodwork done pre cycle or have some previous results u can compare this to? And how long were u off before u got these bloods done ?

Any time I ever got bloods from my doc I just went off of his you are ok. I know I should have gotten hard eveidence numbers but live and learn. I have been off since September. Meant to get my bloods done in dec but with the holidays and family and all that good stuff I ended getting them done last week. I viewed it as a post cycle/precycle blood test. Things are def a lot easier to stay on top of now that I know about private lab md.

Any time I ever got bloods from my doc I just went off of his you are ok. I know I should have gotten hard eveidence numbers but live and learn. I have been off since September. Meant to get my bloods done in dec but with the holidays and family and all that good stuff I ended getting them done last week. I viewed it as a post cycle/precycle blood test. Things are def a lot easier to stay on top of now that I know about private lab md.
You could just ask him to show you you're old results in pretty sure he has it filed
Good luck and cheers m8

wr

Thanks for the input. Well I have a couple posts with age and use ect but to break it down in a nut shell I'm 33. I have run a fair amount of cycles over the years but I wouldn't consider it abuse or careless use. I have only messed with test e and eq though my duration of using always followed by proper pct. To tell the truth I really didn't expect my test to be that low. I took a blood test through my last doc like 2 years ago off gear just asking him to check all my bloods. He did it and when the tests came back they said yep everything was fine. To this day I still wonder what my test was because it could have been 300 and like yea you are good to go. With that being said you said it's my choice but there is no way that my test levels are going to get back up to let's say the 600 range naturally?? I mean 230 is fuxking low and I def don't want to live like this. Oh and yea I was fasting when I took the test so that could be it.
Just making sure that you're aware of the things that accompany trt. 33 is pretty young to be that low. You might try a restart last ditch effort to get decent levels, but I wouldn't blame you a bit if you decide tomorrow to start pinning. The next ??? Would be self administered or doc admin. Insurance usually doesn't always cover it all if any of it. So it'll more expensive the legal route, but the peace of mind may be worth it to you.
I don't like giving control over any part of my life to anyone else, but that's me. You do what suits you.

Any ???? We can help you with feel free, there's also a trt section here

OPie,

U got good answers. As usual it come s down to you. Ur relationship with ur doc; is it doc/patient only ? INFO IS POWER so take care who you give it to...

Ie- My doc and I are buddie s. I d never put him in a spot and he d never leave me hanging. I got federal cop (ret) health ins. so he LOVE S it when I come in to get my Flexoril 2 a year or anti biotic s 1- 2 a year when I get sick or have a nail or some other dumb shit go through a boot or hand or gig myself with a fishing hook or pulling a catfish stinger out of my hand.. or w ever . But he also know s I augment the SHIT out of my trt, use my font size on my printer and adulterate my lab test print out s to change my test range when it s reboot trt time ( annually ) etc.
He also know s I m a AAS low dose user not abuser, ex drug seeking fiend who get s teeth worked on w no pain med s EVER etc.
It s one of the main reason s I stay here...my mechanic s , doctor s and cop s are all guy s I went to school with in the sigh....80 s...add the cost to live here...I ain t leaving. H Wood fags make MS seem horrible and I love it. I don t want some or any other fukker s moving here.

Last edited:
OP why the hell can't you make paragraphs........ Where did you go to school. You do this all the time.

Some times we cannot remember peoples stats so best to start with that, why should we go back to find it. Common sense will tell yourself by your Q's if we need all stats or like this one just age.

I am a type II diabetic I don't understand why you couldn't find out what is acceptable with glucose numbers. It is NOT an opinion it is facts. 75-100 is real good even up to 150. If yours was out of line Doc would tell you. Also the lab work should tell you the ranges.

Tell your doctor, what the hell ? He has an obligation to note it on your records. Suppose something happen, he could be held accountable. YOU think he is going to put himself in that for YOU ??? :dunno:

You admit asking like 4 Q's ..ha or more. Can you then at least put them in some numbered list. Question 1, 2, 3

So you answered your own Q about going in for TRT. You can say he doc I did my own blood work and I am bla bla with my test level, what to do and who to see Common sense get your T level back to natural before you ask him to follow up w/you.

Now do you see how I made paragraphs ? you are all over the place.

I come on you a little strong but...well for me and the way I feel it's like...Fvck at your age you should know better. Me well sometimes mine are messy but it's my typing at 65 pretty hard for me to learn the skill know. In business I always had secretaries and dictating machines.

Last edited:
Mike your last paragraph say s you cum on OP strong..maybe he --

1- Likes a more subtle approach ? Ask him out to dinner before cumming so strong and shredding his lack of proper typing as we all know I have always s been a stickler for proper typing as I m the "type ologist ".

2- Went to school in a Great state like me; Missi fkn ssippi.
The fattest dumbest, darkest, most inbred , poorest, yet best place to be I m o as here we call dumbshit s dumbshit s, keep score when we compete in ball games, play church league baseball to win GD IT, and coon s are not mere rodents but dinner at times or at best a demographic anomaly.

Peace Opie-no offense son.
U gotta roll with it round here or you will never make it on D block. Please insult the shit out of me...I like it.

Last edited:
OP why the hell can't you make paragraphs........ Where did you go to school. You do this all the time.

Some times we cannot remember peoples stats so best to start with that, why should we go back to find it. Common sense will tell yourself by your Q's if we need all stats or like this one just age.

I am a type II diabetic I don't understand why you couldn't find out what is acceptable with glucose numbers. It is NOT an opinion it is facts. 75-100 is real good even up to 150. If yours was out of line Doc would tell you. Also the lab work should tell you the ranges.

Tell your doctor, what the hell ? He has an obligation to note it on your records. Suppose something happen, he could be held accountable. YOU think he is going to put himself in that for YOU ??? :dunno:

You admit asking like 4 Q's ..ha or more. Can you then at least put them in some numbered list. Question 1, 2, 3

So you answered your own Q about going in for TRT. You can say he doc I did my own blood work and I am bla bla with my test level, what to do and who to see Common sense get your T level back to natural before you ask him to follow up w/you.

I come on you a little strong but...well for me and the way I feel it's like...Fvck at your age you should know better. Me well sometimes mine are messy but it's my typing at 65 pretty hard for me to learn the skill know. In business I always had secretaries and dictating machines.
Writing 101^^ free classes given at Ology!!
Proffessor - Mike. Here to set your ass str8 son!!

Sorry didn't mean to get the panties all up in a bunch! I'll make sure I make my paragraphs more proper for you.

Just making sure that you're aware of the things that accompany trt. 33 is pretty young to be that low. You might try a restart last ditch effort to get decent levels, but I wouldn't blame you a bit if you decide tomorrow to start pinning. The next ??? Would be self administered or doc admin. Insurance usually doesn't always cover it all if any of it. So it'll more expensive the legal route, but the peace of mind may be worth it to you.
I don't like giving control over any part of my life to anyone else, but that's me. You do what suits you.

Any ???? We can help you with feel free, there's also a trt section here

Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions guys!

I have not been here that long but I think it's a great place to be with a lot of knowledgeable people thank actually care for other well being.

I feel like we are one big happy family. Of course every family has to have the grumpy ass grandpa! Love you old muscle Mike!

Sorry didn't mean to get the panties all up in a bunch! I'll make sure I make my paragraphs more proper for you.

Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions guys!

I have not been here that long but I think it's a great place to be with a lot of knowledgeable people thank actually care for other well being.

I feel like we are one big happy family. Of course every family has to have the grumpy ass grandpa! Love you old muscle Mike!

Yes we are like a family at least some of us, with myself being one of the most affectionate within if to the forum. People that have gotten to know me have realize just how much O'logy and the vets mean to me. the forum O'logy is my to go place for recreation, friendship and the satisfaction knowing I can help contribute to the sport of BB and the safe use of AAS. I continue to learn on O'logy and hope you will also, keeping in mind there is much more to learn then just the training and use of AAS

I was humble enough to make mention of my harshness and my defective typing which must be tough read sometimes

Just get past and just know and stick with the learning part of the forum.

Grouchy Oldmusclemike :wavey:
EDITED

Last edited:
It all depends on what's going on in your area, your financial situation, etc.

For example if you have the money you can sign up with a private TRT clinic (I say if you have the money because insurance doesn't always work with these clinics) like the one listed on this board (IMT), they typically have docs/admins who are up to speed on current TRT protocols and information. Like I mentioned these can be costly which is why they're not my go to, if money was no issue that's what I would do as it's the easiest way to get an AI, hCG and test all on a legal RX with a doc who advocates for weekly injections... etc.

Some people get lucky with good primary care docs... there is a handful that will handle TRT properly in terms of test dosage but they do not typically like to RX any AI's or hCG as it falls under "off label use" for TRT and most of them don't exactly understand it. However the majority of PCP's will either want too RX you every other week shots (useless) at silly doses or they don't even want to touch it and will forward you to an endo.

Endos are another story as well... I've visited a handful of them and they all proved useless in my area, they wanted to do the same shit my PCP did such as 200mg every other week, said things as bold as "weekly shots are abuse" etc etc. I actually got into an dispute with one because I showed him a pamphlet on test cyp and explained the half life doesn't even match 2 weeks, explained the roller coaster effects and all that, he got offended and pretty much said I was a cocky meat head. In all reality I was just trying to explain something so simple in order to advocate for my health.

So for me and within my area I have yet to find a good doc for TRT there for I treat myself, but with this said I'm actually retired so I don't mind driving out for private labs, I don't have to really answer to anyone about it but there is always that off risk you could get popped with a vial of test if something came up. In the US it is illegal to have without an RX so say you were caught traveling with it, you would be charged with a felony. I keep my stuff at home and don't travel far enough to have to take any test with me so I can work around this.

Having the RX is the absolute best way to go but some fellas end up in a corner like myself.

One other note is you hosed yourself by starting on your own with test... now when you go to the docs they're going to see a supressed LH and FSH or the elevated test, it can also take a long time for blood work to return to base line. Not sure why you started test if you had plans of going to the doc. I did want to add even though I treat myself I did go through all the proper testing prior to rule out anything like cancer or brain tumors, I waited until it was an appropriate time to self inject.

Forgot to mention I did get an RX from the PCP once just to get me that legal vial and label, it was only once because I wouldn't follow her EOW bullshit. This vial has been empty for a minute but I saved it as well as the box/label in a safe place because it's quite easy to inject some test into that legal vial from your UGL vial in case you do have to travel far enough to pack some.

Last edited:
It all depends on what's going on in your area, your financial situation, etc.

For example if you have the money you can sign up with a private TRT clinic (I say if you have the money because insurance doesn't always work with these clinics) like the one listed on this board (IMT), they typically have docs/admins who are up to speed on current TRT protocols and information. Like I mentioned these can be costly which is why they're not my go to, if money was no issue that's what I would do as it's the easiest way to get an AI, hCG and test all on a legal RX with a doc who advocates for weekly injections... etc.

Some people get lucky with good primary care docs... there is a handful that will handle TRT properly in terms of test dosage but they do not typically like to RX any AI's or hCG as it falls under "off label use" for TRT and most of them don't exactly understand it. However the majority of PCP's will either want too RX you every other week shots (useless) at silly doses or they don't even want to touch it and will forward you to an endo.

Endos are another story as well... I've visited a handful of them and they all proved useless in my area, they wanted to do the same shit my PCP did such as 200mg every other week, said things as bold as "weekly shots are abuse" etc etc. I actually got into an dispute with one because I showed him a pamphlet on test cyp and explained the half life doesn't even match 2 weeks, explained the roller coaster effects and all that, he got offended and pretty much said I was a cocky meat head. In all reality I was just trying to explain something so simple in order to advocate for my health.

So for me and within my area I have yet to find a good doc for TRT there for I treat myself, but with this said I'm actually retired so I don't mind driving out for private labs, I don't have to really answer to anyone about it but there is always that off risk you could get popped with a vial of test if something came up. In the US it is illegal to have without an RX so say you were caught traveling with it, you would be charged with a felony. I keep my stuff at home and don't travel far enough to have to take any test with me so I can work around this.

Having the RX is the absolute best way to go but some fellas end up in a corner like myself.

One other note is you hosed yourself by starting on your own with test... now when you go to the docs they're going to see a supressed LH and FSH or the elevated test, it can also take a long time for blood work to return to base line. Not sure why you started test if you had plans of going to the doc. I did want to add even though I treat myself I did go through all the proper testing prior to rule out anything like cancer or brain tumors, I waited until it was an appropriate time to self inject.

Forgot to mention I did get an RX from the PCP once just to get me that legal vial and label, it was only once because I wouldn't follow her EOW bullshit. This vial has been empty for a minute but I saved it as well as the box/label in a safe place because it's quite easy to inject some test into that legal vial from your UGL vial in case you do have to travel far enough to pack some.

Very good info and advise and I really appreciate it.

I guess I have two options here
1. since I did hose myself and started medicating I could just go in and show him my results and hope he has some kind of sympathy for me. I mean he deals with guys that do this on a daily basis and I'm not just talking about 200 mg a week. Since I have started and it's only been a few days I am already feeling better.
2 I could just self medicate and just watch my bloods and go in after I'm done with my current cycle coming up.
I'm leaning towards option 1 but then I take that chance of it going on my record....decision decisions

Back