Vegetarian bodybuilding

milk is complete horseshit basically sugar water.

Nothing could be further from the truth. This statement is absolutely foolish.

My avatar pic didn't happen without milk. Lots of it.

In this game, gentlemen, let me remind you, calories and diet are more important than AAS. A gallon of whole milk is 2400 calories. Let me repeat that: TWENTY FOUR HUNDRED CALORIES!

If you hit a plateau with your strength and weight gain, start drinking at least a gallon of whole milk each day.

You WILL get bigger.

Last edited:
supercharged, when milk is paturized its stripped of anything worth consuming including calcium. it also lacks enzemes to digest this is fact. unpaturised milk is a different story. ya might as well drink soy, rice or almond milk. any larger increas in saturated fats and calories will help but theres better heathier ways in my option.

the 'milk n squats" theory was big in the 80s.

Last edited:
You can't deny the calories, protein, and fat in a gallon of whole milk.

If you can't take in enough calories from solid foods, milk is an easy way to get the additional calories that you need if you're trying to put on size.

I am also vegetarian.
I am 6'5" and 258lbs @ 10%bf.
No I am not some awkwardly huge guy.
But I am pretty fucking big.
I dont eat fish, chicken, beef, pork, or anything that moves.

I do eat eggs, and drink milk though, I am not a vegan.
There isnt very many of us, dont listen to people who tell you, you need to eat meat.
Yes it would help us greatly, but it doesnt mean you cant grow. Frankly, they aren't vegetarian body builders so they dont know.

On that note, you dont need steroids, you need to get your diet lined up.
There is tons of food sources to help you get to enough protein intake with out meat.
I drink 2 protein shakes a day, that contain 25gr each. I am still able to average 250-300gr per day on a 3200 calorie diet.

Just stick around and read.

Finally, someone with some sense. The rest of this thread is fucking painful.

You can gain muscle mass just as quickly without animal products, but you have to know what you're doing. It's easier with meat and dairy because it's already high in protein and has all of the essential amino acids and lots of calories. There's nothing in animal products that can't be found in plant products. Fact. You have to be smart about what you eat, what amino acids they have, breakdowns of proteins/calories/carbs. But you should know all that shit with meat and dairy too.

Diet is the most important skill in this game, whether or not you're eating animal products.

Finally, someone with some sense. The rest of this thread is fucking painful.

You can gain muscle mass just as quickly without animal products, but you have to know what you're doing. It's easier with meat and dairy because it's already high in protein and has all of the essential amino acids and lots of calories. There's nothing in animal products that can't be found in plant products. Fact. You have to be smart about what you eat, what amino acids they have, breakdowns of proteins/calories/carbs. But you should know all that shit with meat and dairy too.

Diet is the most important skill in this game, whether or not you're eating animal products.
thanks a ton i am following my vegetarian diet chat with additional supplements and creatine ..thanks for all your advice ..peace out

Dud ur taking creatine, thats an animal product, so u aint even a real vegan. I have no business doing aas.

I don't understand vegetarians, the animals already dead and you not eating it ain't gonna bring it back to life. I think its a bigger sin to waste the meat. Seriuosly, have you ever seen an old vegetarian, if you have they look like shit, they look malnourished. Hell man, the human species is an omnivore ,plain and simple, our bodies are designed to process animal proteins. I've never seen a lion turn down a gazelle for a fuckin' banana.:moon:

Vegetarian bodybuilding is a contradiction in itself. A vegetarian will consume a TON of unnecessary carbs not to mention soy. Soy = high estro= feminization. Milk is good and all, but definately isn't the best source being that lactose spikes insulin which will increase fat gain. If your a vegetarian, steroids are definately not for you. I don't want to be discriminatory, but it's a hard enough sport with eating the right foods(lean proteins, etc.) so vegetarian and bodybuilding don't mix! If you don't eat the dead carcasses, your definately not going to be as lean, strong, or as masculine as someone who does. STEROIDS DON'T REPLACE WHAT YOU LACK ON THE DINNER TABLE. They only increase the synthesis of the proteins and increase testosterone. If your vegetarian and get on a cycle, you might blow up while on, but without the protein, you will lose all your gains.

If your a vegetarian, just give up on bodybuilding. It's like an obese person running a marathon. The intentions are good, but they definately won't make it halfway near the end.

If you can't take in enough calories from solid foods, milk is an easy way to get the additional calories that you need if you're trying to put on size.

This.

I am sorry but are people mentally retarded with regards to food?

Milk, eggs, cheese are ALL amazing sources of protein. As is whey, casein, milk powders.

Now I eat meat and realize its benefits, but all the clowns saying milk is sugar water and no one got big on no meat? Oh really? Ever hear of Bill Pearl?

At the end of the day the MACROS are what matters.

In defense of some of the meat only views, getting high levels of protein in a vegetarian diet does cause lots of sodium ingestion for most. Cottage cheese, cheese, milk, protein powders, milk, etc are all not low sodium.

I generally eat a large amount of meat with dinner, but the rest of the day is all milk n whey. Too bad I dislike eggs, or I'd eat them as well.

OP just eat your fill of dairy, train hard and grow. It's simple. If you aren't eating enough, you will not grow.

Vegetarian bodybuilding is a contradiction in itself. A vegetarian will consume a TON of unnecessary carbs not to mention soy. Soy = high estro= feminization. Milk is good and all, but definately isn't the best source being that lactose spikes insulin which will increase fat gain. If your a vegetarian, steroids are definately not for you. I don't want to be discriminatory, but it's a hard enough sport with eating the right foods(lean proteins, etc.) so vegetarian and bodybuilding don't mix! If you don't eat the dead carcasses, your definately not going to be as lean, strong, or as masculine as someone who does.

WARNING: EVERYTHING in the above post is TOTAL HORSESHIT.

It's not 1988 in regards to nutrition bud, LEARN something.

Milk causing an insulin rush?
Vegetarian requires you eat soy?
No one got big without meat?

Jeezus chriS. :whipping:

WARNING: EVERYTHING in the above post is TOTAL HORSESHIT.

It's not 1988 in regards to nutrition bud, LEARN something.

Milk causing an insulin rush?
Vegetarian requires you eat soy?
No one got big without meat?

Jeezus chriS. :whipping:

Pretty sure I'm more educated than you about nutrition. Let's see you go all vegetarian. I'm sure all those gains of yours will fly off. Tell me one decent competing bodybuilder who has become successful that's a vegetarian? A pro I mean.

buy a cow and eat the fucking thing while its still alive.You need meat to get jacked!

Yes! Look at the statues of guys in the 1000 bc before supplements or roids were available. These guys were shredded and a decent size because of them being carnivores. They hunted for their food. Vikings are another example. If you look at history, the groups that thrived from eating protein or some sort of meat, usually ended up being the genetically superior groups.

Pretty sure I'm more educated than you about nutrition. Let's see you go all vegetarian. I'm sure all those gains of yours will fly off. Tell me one decent competing bodybuilder who has become successful that's a vegetarian? A pro I mean.

Address my questions first before you state you know more than me about nutrtrition. Hint: you do not. I've been breathing this for 15 years, HEAVY on nutrition science and trial and error.

Do as you like, but I HAVE been vegetarian and done well. Not 100% of how I do on meat, but you make it sound like you can't get big at all without meat. Simply untrue.

And lets be honest, talking about IFBB Pro big in a thread where the OP is 133 lbs?! Come on man. Weak argument.

No one around here is asking what to eat if they are in IFBB league. 500 grams of protein a day for 20 years with endless AAS. That's the easy one.

Whole milk will def put on size no doubt but it's not good for anyone who has trouble keeping fat low. If you are not a "hard gainer" than diary (besides eggs) is the 2nd worst food category IMO

Back