Vegetarian bodybuilding

Address my questions first before you state you know more than me about nutrtrition. Hint: you do not. I've been breathing this for 15 years, HEAVY on nutrition science and trial and error.

Do as you like, but I HAVE been vegetarian and done well. Not 100% of how I do on meat, but you make it sound like you can't get big at all without meat. Simply untrue.

And lets be honest, talking about IFBB Pro big in a thread where the OP is 133 lbs?! Come on man. Weak argument.

No one around here is asking what to eat if they are in IFBB league. 500 grams of protein a day for 20 years with endless AAS. That's the easy one.

I suppose it's worked somewhat good for you, but I'd say you more than likely have above average genetics as well though. I'm not discrediting you, just saying that you could be bigger if you ate more meat.

I am sorry but are people mentally retarded with regards to food?

Milk, eggs, cheese are ALL amazing sources of protein. As is whey, casein, milk powders.

all the clowns saying milk is sugar water and no one got big on no meat? Oh really? Ever hear of Bill Pearl?

At the end of the day the MACROS are what matters.

In defense of some of the meat only views, getting high levels of protein in a vegetarian diet does cause lots of sodium ingestion for most. Cottage cheese, cheese, milk, protein powders, milk, etc are all not low sodium.

I generally eat a large amount of meat with dinner, but the rest of the day is all milk n whey. Too bad I dislike eggs, or I'd eat them as well.

OP just eat your fill of dairy, train hard and grow. It's simple. If you aren't eating enough, you will not grow.

I agree with everything you have said. But dairy is hard on the body to digest (casein) and really isn't needed unless you have trouble gaining weight. Obviously if you are a vegetarian and find it hard to gain muscle then dairy will be your best friend..but for someone like me who does eat meat and tends to carry more fat naturally dairy and starches should be the first thing to go.

I agree with everything you have said. But dairy is hard on the body to digest (casein) and really isn't needed unless you have trouble gaining weight. Obviously if you are a vegetarian and find it hard to gain muscle then dairy will be your best friend..but for someone like me who does eat meat and tends to carry more fat naturally dairy and starches should be the first thing to go.

Agreed. I am a mesomorphic-endomorph, therefore I also have to avoid foods like this. There is no doubt though if the successful vegetarian bbers(minuscule amount) added meat in, they'd have a better body than what they do.

I don't see any problem with being a vegetarian body builder. I've had days with no meat where I easily hit macros/calories.

Vegan on the other hand, I don't know how one would pull that off.

The reason you weigh nothing is because you are a vegetarian, and you will always weigh nothing if you limit your diet like that. Doing a cycle while on a vegetarian diet is plain stupidity.

The only suggestion is to return to eating meat/whey products get a good training/diet foundation down while eating meat and then in a year's time of hardcore training look to begin a cycle.

This is such BS. I dont eat meat for over 8 years!

and I have put on in the last 5 yrs 40lb and lost some fat.
so dont tell me you need ot eat meat.
shit even this guy didnt eat meat:
BIll pearl: https://www.google.ca/search?q=bill...a=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CEoQ_AUoAQ

Finally, someone with some sense. The rest of this thread is fucking painful.

You can gain muscle mass just as quickly without animal products, but you have to know what you're doing. It's easier with meat and dairy because it's already high in protein and has all of the essential amino acids and lots of calories. There's nothing in animal products that can't be found in plant products. Fact. You have to be smart about what you eat, what amino acids they have, breakdowns of proteins/calories/carbs. But you should know all that shit with meat and dairy too.

Diet is the most important skill in this game, whether or not you're eating animal products.

A fukin MEN !!!

WELL PUT!

I dont even eat fish! and am doing fine.

good luck with being a vegetarian bodybuilder. with the amount of protein shakes you will be needing, you will have diarrhea everyday lol

Nto true I have about 3 a day and each is 50-75g of protein and I take with food so dont give me the BS of it too much at one time. also I sometimes have half then half 1 hr later.

In my own experience I have proven 1g of complete protein for every 2.2lbs of body weight (and or projected body weight) is enough for any ON Cycle athlete to gain muscle size.

In my own experience I have proven 1g of complete protein for every 2.2lbs of body weight (and or projected body weight) is enough for any ON Cycle athlete to gain muscle size.

But mike i consume like 350 grams daily LOL!!! All you brothers that dont eat meat why?

I am also vegetarian.
I am 6'5" and 258lbs @ 10%bf.
No I am not some awkwardly huge guy.
But I am pretty fucking big.
I dont eat fish, chicken, beef, pork, or anything that moves.

I do eat eggs, and drink milk though, I am not a vegan.
There isnt very many of us, dont listen to people who tell you, you need to eat meat.
Yes it would help us greatly, but it doesnt mean you cant grow. Frankly, they aren't vegetarian body builders so they dont know.

On that note, you dont need steroids, you need to get your diet lined up.
There is tons of food sources to help you get to enough protein intake with out meat.
I drink 2 protein shakes a day, that contain 25gr each. I am still able to average 250-300gr per day on a 3200 calorie diet.

Just stick around and read.

This is a contradiction of BS!

Eats 250-300 grams of HIGH QUALITY protein from animals and calls himself a what?

Eggs and milk is same as meat.

Dude has 6.75lbs of BW per inch on me, hence we are proportionately the same size and I eat 120 grams of protein day. (way less then 1/2 what Mr. 6-5, 258 eats)

One guy comes along and you dismiss every other post.

Eat some fucking protein you pussy!

Back