whats the best foods to bulk up, and put on size??

When I think bulking I wouldn't want to put on junk as size..would like to control the quality of what my partner eats. I tend to feed him low carb as a lifestyle and when he wants to be bigger, we do more meals, mini meals, and almost a finger food style. little meaty options, variety of dipping choices, small amounts of salad and vegetables. one of his fav splurges is the mozz sticks I make myself..so hot and cheesy..yum.

most would probably just say calories, calories, calories..that's how to get big. I'd like to help him get big without getting fat.

most people aren't going for IFBB pro cards and wouldn't know how to get huge and then chizel down...

When I think bulking I wouldn't want to put on junk as size..would like to control the quality of what my partner eats. I tend to feed him low carb as a lifestyle and when he wants to be bigger, we do more meals, mini meals, and almost a finger food style. little meaty options, variety of dipping choices, small amounts of salad and vegetables. one of his fav splurges is the mozz sticks I make myself..so hot and cheesy..yum.

most would probably just say calories, calories, calories..that's how to get big. I'd like to help him get big without getting fat.

most people aren't going for IFBB pro cards and wouldn't know how to get huge and then chizel down...

What do you mean by low carb? I know my carb intake on a bulk is only about 50-60 grams less than my protien intake and I keep my fat intake under 70g

Well truth to be told, you're not that big... Let's just says you're a bit over nutrition. Is not that bad since you'll get thinner once you've work.
But if you're insisted to get thin faster then I suggest you to go to this site, where you can get to kill your fat faster.

Get six pack flat abs fast

i learned from this thread. thanks guys. Also, im trying to gain muscle but lose the love handles that i have. im 6'0 and 162 lbs. the only problem area is my mid section. i am perfectly happy with everything else, besides the wanting to get bigger

Thanks so much for all those who answered. I'm having problems like ladybaltimore too. Really need to add up some weight. Will surely try your suggestions. :)

Well If you want just raw size I had say add ground beef patties into your diet. Not the best for low calories or low fat but eat them just plain or add some ketchup and you are set, include some veggies with it and you will be putting on some size.

Post-workout nutrition is vital for proper recovery and to start the rebuilding process. When you get done with weight training, drink a shake with whey protein and a fast absorbing carbohydrate like grape juice or dextrose powder. Whey protein gets digested easily in the stomach and the fast absorbing carbohydrates can help replenish depleted glycogen in your muscle cells faster. This can help promote the healing process.

I have been reading through this thread and its been pretty damn informative.. Heres a few questions.. What should I do if i cant eat 6 or 7 meals a day? i work landscaping and i just dont have the opportunity.. i can do 4, possibly 5 a day.. my schedule is also messed up due to me getting up so early and my drive to work.. i get up at about 4, have an hr drive to work and I get home about 4.. by then im wore out so i go to sleep for awhile then to the gym about 9-11 then home to sleep and all over again.. schedule sucks but I have no choice.. Also, how do u drink that much milk and not again weight? i drink about a half gallon of 1% each day. I tried that much 2% before and i was gaining weight in the wrong places.. i currently eat about 3000 calories a day, try to stay away from fat but I eat a whole lot of pasta. which is prob wring.. i dont really have an eating schedule, i just try to eat that much per day.. i am also on test e.. went from about 186-202 in about 2 months with current diet. i look pretty good everywhere except from my lower chest to my stomach. I need to advance to the next level. any ideas?

Last edited:
I have been reading through this thread and its been pretty damn informative.. Heres a few questions.. What should I do if i cant eat 6 or 7 meals a day? i work landscaping and i just dont have the opportunity.. i can do 4, possibly 5 a day.. my schedule is also messed up due to me getting up so early and my drive to work.. i get up at about 4, have an hr drive to work and I get home about 4.. by then im wore out so i go to sleep for awhile then to the gym about 9-11 then home to sleep and all over again.. schedule sucks but I have no choice.. Also, how do u drink that much milk and not again weight? i drink about a half gallon of 1% each day. I tried that much 2% before and i was gaining weight in the wrong places.. i currently eat about 3000 calories a day, try to stay away from fat but I eat a whole lot of pasta. which is prob wring.. i dont really have an eating schedule, i just try to eat that much per day.. i am also on test e.. went from about 186-202 in about 2 months with current diet. i look pretty good everywhere except from my lower chest to my stomach. I need to advance to the next level. any ideas?

You dont have to eat 6-7 meals a day, you can do 4-5 thats perfectly fine. If you are cycling you should really write down and keep track of what you are eating pertaining to your goals. You will advance to the next level by getting your diet in check perfectly. You can go to 3js diet thread and he can help you out. Drinking a gallon a milk a day is not needed, you need to write down your meals on paper and figure out your macros (protein/carbs/fat) and tailor them to your needs. Like I said, 3j can help with that.

meal #1-1.5 cup oatmeal, 4eggs, 4 egg whites 25 G casein shake
meal#2-6 oz chicken breast, 2 cups brown rice
Meal#3-6 oz turkey, 1 cup broccoli
Meal#4-6 oz chicken breast,2 cups rice
Meal#5-8 oz beef, lean ground or round steak
post work out- 50g shake, 3 oz almonds or walnuts, white bagel with honey.
drink 4 ltrs water daily and take vitamins... ive been doing this for 7 weeks and have put on 18 lbs lean muscle, its hard but who said being a bodybuilder is easy...

I must say that this is an interesting topic related to health. Nice information guys on how to bulk up. I was searching for similar query and finally found it over here. Thank you for sharing this online.

I've been 135 since my senior year in high school... Can't gain a pound and I have tried.. Any tips on increasing appetite???

Eats lots of bief meat and take atleast 3 beers in a week.And also to increase diet , eats one more piece of your meal ......

Back