whats the best foods to bulk up, and put on size??

One of my fav are Oatmeal, Wheat pasta, Brown rice, Wheat bread and lime juice.... Have lemon juice whenever possible. Being a citric fruit it helps you reduce weight.

oRAMBO said:
Day of fasting sometime during the week also...

I don't know how long you have been training or dieting but I think with a long term diet w/ bad calories you are asking for trouble in the long run.. others will probably disagree with me but I would stick to clean calories if you can afford it, if you cant, you cant.. it is more expensive to eat clean.. but I wouldn't do it any other way.. especially because you are so short if you gain any fat in your stomach its going to look like a lot more.. you have a small torso

I did not read all the posts in this thread but personally I have been eating one cup of oats mixed with water and 2 scoops of musle milk(vanilla). when I wake up. I just recently (3rd week) started eating another cup with the same before my workout at noon. I have been gaining weight at about two pounds extra a week just from this. Currently on cycle also.

if you want to get big and put mass on, you need a very high calorie diet, everyone talking about carbs, fat!!! yes eat carbs to fuel your work out, more carbs the stronger therefore bigger muscles. but calories aswell, and fat has a lot more calories than carbs!!!! peanut butter, whole eggs, f*ck it a mcdonalds!!! it annoys me because we rarely see pro's in the off season, lee priest eats everything and gets very fat as do others.

there are other aspects as well other than get big at all cost metality. most people here are not pro bodybuilder and don't need to be huge to make a living. so eating everything you see might get you big (and fat) but it might also cause health problems. I think most people here would rather be 210 pounds and fit then a 300 pound fatass being operated for heartproblems.

take a look at the stuff called mvp incredible bulk......4 scoops is 1,000 cals and i take that twice a day so its alot easier gettn 2,000 from that alone then to constantly packing my face...ya dig

i think it can vary with the age, but veggies and white flesh are good food to make a correct diet.

lenses, green-bean, green-pea, chick-pea, etc... cereals, turkey, fish, chiken...

i would never increase that mush the kcal/day i manage my meals following the % of prot/carb/fat in need.

but i admit my wife is a big help to reach the best on all sportiv foods;

I've been training on and off for 15 years and always trying to gain. The past year I've switched to a healthier diet and with less calories (without the junk) and had better gains than ever before. I eat a ton of eggs and drink a lot whole milk. All my protein shakes with 10 oz of whole milk. Whole grain breads and cereals. My nightly snack I switched from potato chips to slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Fill my sweet tooth need and gets the job done. I grow a garden and eat lots of fresh vegetables also.

I used to do the throw everything at it thing and it just didn't work as well. I only use whole milk, whole eggs and butter. Never the fake stuff. Yes, you have to eat a lot of calories but I think they go further if they are good whole foods. Add dairy, whole grains and nuts.

need to bulk up

hey all. i live in the uk im 25 6"2 and weigh 135 pounds. in desparate need of packing on some pounds. im eating 3 meals a day and bits in between. until i feel sick most of the times. im eating things like pastas potatoes chicken tuna and fruit. i also use cnp professianal weight gainer.
ive read the thread and im gona try what huskguy says and add whole milk to my diet. am i eating the right things or is there anything else i can add.
like i said im from uk and am of a slim build so this might not seem much to you althogh its alot to my little stomache. i think my problem is that i just have a super fast motabalism.
any help or advice would be great, thanks

maybe trying to add more meals would be good. since you probably have a hight metabolim it might be very hard for you to eat enough in 3 meals.

try weighing and measuring what you eat and post it so we can see how much you eat.

I have the same problem as you.

I used to be 135lbs at 5'10"

But after a couple years of stuffing my face like it's nobody's business and lifting im up to 170lbs naturally.

It just takes time and dedication.

also I will note, I find my gains in weight and at the gym to be better with a healthier diet.

One of the easiest and cheapest healthy things I do is a habit that's pretty easy to pick up. Every time I go to the store, I pick up a head of lettuce, some brocolli, celery, carrots, and cherry or grape tomatoes. Once I'm done stocking all of my food at home, I'll dig out the cutting board and chop up all of the ingredients, stick them in a big sealable container, and toss it in the fridge.

Long Grain Rice, entire wheat cereals, green vegetables, pullet, steak (eye round), PB are all staples in my diet and they are verifying to be very beneficial to my present bulking routine.

Back