whats the dumbest thing you ever did in the gym

I have done a few things...lets see...

1. tried to max out without a spotter when i first started and half the gym ran over to get the bar off my chest...lol...

2. did not realize i put the wrong weight on one side of the ba and almost broke my shoulder...

3. tried to be cool walking through the gym with dumbells and tripped on a clip and dropped the bells and fell over...

4. tried to be cool and tanned for 20 minuts the first time and burt the shit out of myself...

5. was talking about a chicks ass and found out her bf was training next to me...no biggie, i was bigger then him...

6. dropped a 45 on my foot...

E

not too bad, but i was doing hack squats and there are weight storage bars right below the real bars. anyway, i put like 2 45's on the storage bars without realizing it. get on the machine and do like two, but there was no wiehgt on it, so it was incredibly easy. so i proceed to keep addding plates and keep doing that same thing over aned over. i thought i was he man. until i realized what i was doing. not too many people saw. but one guy was laughing at me.

pulled all the plates off one side of the squat bar, and the other end flipped over so fast it stuck right in the wall

This is a funny thread! Shit I can only imagine! My 10th grade yr, I joined a gym up the road a bit. My friend and I were doing lateral raises. Of course I didn't know how to workout well, so I was going super fast and as I came down w/the 2 dumbbells, I smashed my winky in between the two! Dumbbells fell and so did I.

About 3 yrs ago, I was spotting one of my bros squating hvy weight, and he busted ass so damn loud. Stunk too! For one, I couldn't breathe, and two, we were laughing so hard in the middle of his set. He needed a little help on that last rep and I could not, for the life of me, assist him. Funny today, but scared the shit out of him back then.

2 things come to mind. 1- I was doing Dumbell Presses and on my last rep my arms gave out and I swung the weights down crashing them onto my leg that I had just took 3cc's of Sust in. Also I pulled a 45lb weight off the bench, not seeing the 25lb weight in front of it, having the 25lbs fall onto my toes. Amazingly no bones broke, just extremely swollen and a high hospital bill to show for it.

i onced pinched myh head doing dumbell shrugs in between the 85 lb dumbells. Did not say anything I just set the weight down and walked to the locker room to see if it was still attached and to make sure I did not cry in front of everyone.

This was funny thread...I havent done any funny but we have some really jackasses at my gym...

Couple of days ago this guy came in to the gym with rubber boots, shorts to his armpits and t-shirt stuffed down his shorts. 6'5 and 150lbs. He threw on ~250lbs on the bench-press. I stopped training, thougth this guy is going kill himself with all that shit.
Then he just sat down on the bench, opening one of those cases tourists have around the belly.(Dont know english word for it). And he look around and then he ate some pills. He tried to be discreat but everyone in the gym was looking at him. At this point, I couldnt lift, I just needed to watch this guy. And then........he just walks away out of the gym. I was like WTF!?!?!...thought it was some kind of joke. Didnt do a f*ckin rep.
After that I couldnt concentrate anymore...i was just laughing..

i was spotting one of my friends as he was doing flat bench dumbells .. as he was struggling up with the 90's he finally made it to the top then all of a sudden his left arm started going to the left falling and his right arm started to follow i was like wtf? i forgot he had wraps on so the weight through his ass off the bench to his left side and he just fell over onto the floor with the weight still stuck to his wrists ....i couldnt stop laughing as he was laying flat out onto the floor and everyone was just staring at him i juts got up and walked to get some water laughin hard as fuck

Last edited:
quez82 said:
i was spotting one of my friends as he was doing flat bench dumbells .. as he was struggling up with the 90's he finally made it to the top then all of a sudden his left arm started going to the left falling and his right arm started to follow i was like wtf? i forgot he had wraps on so the weight through his ass off the bench to his left side and he just fell over onto the floor with the weight still stuck to his wrists ....i couldnt stop laughing as he was laying flat out onto the floor and everyone was just staring at him i juts got up and walked to get some water laughin hard as fuck

Why was he using straps on a press?

Alright this isnt the dumbest thing I've done at the gym but there was this 18 year old guy doing squats. He does his first set fine, on the second set he rips a loud ass wet/juicy fart, unfortunatley me and this chick are at the bench right behind the squat rack. Then next thing we know the place stinks like a cow field. We looked over and you'll never believe what we saw, the dude pushed so hard to finish his last few reps, and must of has some serious squirts, because he dirreahed all down his leg. Needless me and the chick started gagging because it was sooooo rotton smelling and there was a fan blowing from the front of the squat rack right back at us behind him so we were getting the shit smell blown right in our faces. GROSS!!!!!

JCalvin619 said:
I was spotting my bro while we were pyramid benching. We were at the last set of 4 reps, he had 265 on and barely got the 3rd rep up, as he exhaled a stream of spit came up and hit my nose and forehead. I ignored it and continued to motivate him. As he was pushing the forth rep up, his face was red as hell, beads of sweat pouring of his pulasting viens... you know. He looked up at me as I was motivating him only notice His spit was dripping off My nose and about to land back on his face, I announced, "Come on bro 8 more!!!" We busted into laughter, and we couldnt get the bar off his chest, 2 dudes came over to get it off of him. We must of laughed for 1/2 an hour. To this day we cant work out together because we start laughin as soon as we walk in the gym. By the way this is #1 for the hardest I ever laughed in my life, I seriously thought I was going to suffocate.

Dude thats F'N hilarious.

I was doing squats last week with 305 on the bar in a power rack, ass to the floor. I was trying out different grip widths and bar positions in order to find which was most stable. Well on my 6th rep i was done and proceeded to try to rack the weight, but i realized that i had set the pins too far up and basically the bar was level with the pins and that i had to almost tip toe to get it back on. I was so tired i couldnt do it, so basically i tried to go down and good morning the bar onto the safety bars. When the bar was almost parallel i was horrified. The girp width i had chosen for that particular rep had my hands exactly where the safety bars woulda have supported the weight. So now im at parallel with 305 on my back doing a good morning and at this point i have no choice but to get real real deep ass to floor and hope i dont kill myself. I managed to rock back and put the bar down, but now the funniest thing happened, i was now pinned between the floor and the bar behind my head and the safety bars. It took about 20 seconds before 2 guys saw and lifted the damn thing off of me.

The guy who works there is a friend of mine and has it all on tape. I think he's gonna print up a picture and put something like "why you should always ask for a spot".

went to the gym with NO UNDERWHERE this day . check it out - i was SQUATTING , LOL!!!
anyways i went up to repping my heavy wieght on bar squats when i went rock bottom to be sure i was going deep enough and , RIP !!! my ass ripped out and there were a few people in there at the time . i racked the wieght and started laughing cause they were trying not to laugh . you could hear it rip over the music plain as day man . i was all red faced but still had to finish so i told them ill just point my ass at the wall away from them and mirrors cause i need to finish , i said sorry and done my stiff leg deadlifts with my ass hanging out , im sitting here cracking myself up just typing this , oh man . lol!!1:D

OK I'll contribute to the comedy at my own expense....
1. Was in the locker room posing( I was swollen that day) and some guy bumped into me a little bit and I got all tudey with him" I said yo dick watch what the fuck your doing".He apologized. There was like twenty other people there. Two seconds later I start to walk out of the locker room acting all tough in front of the other fellas( shoulders back, chest out, mumbling " that piece of shit" under my breath) Then in my moment of toughness I slipped on some water and fucking hit the ground like a ton of bricks. Of course I still had to play it cool.. I got up walked out all calm and got to my car where I could rub my sore ass, back and elbow..........That hurt the ego..........
2. There was this hot chick in the gym. If I had a dollar for everytime I wacked to her I'd be rich. So anyways I decided to go and make petty conversation with her, so I strutted over there like some kind of model and said " hey my name is ****** she was like " hi my name in genine , we kept talking for a while, laughing and making jokes and it was going great. After about ten minutes I said "would you mind giving me a spot". she said " no problem ". So I get set up on the pullup rack with a 25lb plate strapped around my waist, banged out 6 reps( shooting for eight) and then she stepped in to help. She was behind me with her arms under my waist. I stuggled to get those 8 reps I wanted. On the bottom of the seventh rep I felt this burbling in my belly and knew what was about to happen.( If you never had to squeeze to keep your butthole closed and stuggle to push out that last rep at the same time I would not recommend it.......it hurts) I squeezed as best I could and in my head I was saying" NO YOU DUMB SHIT NO YOUR GONNA BLOW IT" .............................................Well I blew it all right. On the near top of the eighth rep I struggled to hard and ripped a big fart right near the vacinity of her head...........................................................Believe it or not I wound up dating this chick for like two months inspite of my little farting episode.

BuddyBoy said:
I was stripping the bar after my squats, and I was all stupid becuase it was early in the morning, and I was beat (this was my first attempt at 4 plates on each side) anyways.. I was stripping the bar, and I was kinda zoning out, but I stripped all th eplates off of one side at once, and the bar tipped and crashed on the other side of the rack.

THe end of the bar was like.. millimeters away from my nose. LOL I swear my heart stopped beating for a sec, and The gym got all quiet, and I felt like a freakin retard.

in 2001, I was dieting REALLY bad, and I was taking a shitload of ephedrine and caffine and andro, and I was all cranky from no carbs.. anyways, I was running on the treadmill, and the cd player kept skipping, so I had to reduce my spints to jogs and try and figger out what was wrong.

Anyhow, like.. everytime the cd would skip.. the display would say 00095 and blink.. it would play like 3 seconds, and then stop again.. and I swear to god the cd player was saying "OOps!!" and taunting me.

Anyways, I got so pissed that I jumped onto the 2 rails that are beside the belt of the treadmill, ripped off the cd player, and threw it on the treadmill, adn started stomping on it.

batteries were flying everywhere, and my Destiny's Child cd rolled into the freeweight area.

The gym was dead silent.

Imagine my chagrin as I had to pick up pieces of plastic and batteries and springs everywhere.

I didnt go back to that gym for 1 year and a half.

HOLY SHIT ROTGLMFAO :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh3:

JCalvin619 said:
I was spotting my bro while we were pyramid benching. We were at the last set of 4 reps, he had 265 on and barely got the 3rd rep up, as he exhaled a stream of spit came up and hit my nose and forehead. I ignored it and continued to motivate him. As he was pushing the forth rep up, his face was red as hell, beads of sweat pouring of his pulasting viens... you know. He looked up at me as I was motivating him only notice His spit was dripping off My nose and about to land back on his face, I announced, "Come on bro 8 more!!!" We busted into laughter, and we couldnt get the bar off his chest, 2 dudes came over to get it off of him. We must of laughed for 1/2 an hour. To this day we cant work out together because we start laughin as soon as we walk in the gym. By the way this is #1 for the hardest I ever laughed in my life, I seriously thought I was going to suffocate.

OMG I am laughing so fuckinn hard at work that shit is too damn funny

skinnyhb said:
not too bad, but i was doing hack squats and there are weight storage bars right below the real bars. anyway, i put like 2 45's on the storage bars without realizing it. get on the machine and do like two, but there was no wiehgt on it, so it was incredibly easy. so i proceed to keep addding plates and keep doing that same thing over aned over. i thought i was he man. until i realized what i was doing. not too many people saw. but one guy was laughing at me.

HOLY hell these just keep getting better and better.

Back