2nd Injection completed: after pullout 1-2 minutes of bleeding WHY?

randy841

T/E injected into left glute 1cc @250mg, almost on the lateral side with 22 Gauge 1-1/2" needle. I drew imaginary lines, but came too much on the lateral side. When I injected i made typical newbie mistakes.

*I did not pull skin. When i pushed in there was pain, unlike my first shot.
*Forgot to aspirate.

Last time needle went in like butter, this time when about 1/2" needle was still visible, i had to push a little. On the last push i may have pushed off the 90 degree trajectory evident in my first clean shot. I injected nice and slowly. On the pull, may have done too fast - is when the bleeding started fast and furious.

DID I LOSE BLOOD OR ALL THE TEST? I CLEANED WITH TWO ADDITIONAL SWABS AFTER THE FIRST TWO - THEY ALSO GOT SOAKED ... DID NOT FEEL ANY OIL?

At the injection site 90 minutes later a small 1/4 to 1/2" bump/swelling is felt with slightly visible redness.

IS THIS NORMAL AFTER BLEEDING FROM INJECTION SITE?

Re-posted from my steroid cycle forum
steroidology.com/forum/my-steroid-cycle-forum/593139-testosterone-enanthate-only-cycle-1st-14-years-training-off.html#post2719627

You have either went throw a vein or blood vessel.

Best advice from what i hear is to put either some Ice on the area to reduce the swelling.

Next time remember to aspirate, you do not want to inject into a vein.

I always have small paper towel just in case this happens.
After injection swab the blood, apply pressure to the injection site for 20sec then apply plaster.

If you find Glutes to hard to do.
Try thighs. You can see what your doing and process goes a lot smother IMO.

Last edited:
LOL....your question is why are you bleeding?
Well you just punctured the skin with a needle,this happens from time to time sometimes you bleed a bit more sometimes not at all really once in a while ill get a stream of blood shooting out for a quick second.
My advice is try the Z method...google Z method IM injection if your not familiar with it.

yeah man just relax and aim for a different spot. No need to give us this 3 paragraph long post about how you bled.

Hell, 22g needle is why your bleeding. Your poking yourself with a fucking stick...lol...it happens dont worry about it.

That happened to me i went thru a vein and its hard to push thru and at the end it ended up to a lump, i just pressed on it to stop the bleeding and put a bandage on it. Normal thing . try not to do that to often lol more change of infection, quads are awsom to pin

Thanks for the input all. Will try the quad too as i continue with my regimen.

Looking into the Z method of IM injection.

Definition [enotes.com/nursing-encyclopedia/z-track-injection]
Z-track injection is a method of injecting medication into a large muscle using a needle and syringe. This method seals the medication deeply within the muscle and allows no exit path back into the subcutaneous tissue and skin. This is accomplished by displacing the skin and subcutaneous tissue 1-1.5 inches (2.5-3.75 cm), laterally, prior to injection and releasing the tissue immediately after the injection.

Purpose
The Z-track method of intra-muscular (I.M.) injection is used primarily when giving dark-colored medication solutions, such as iron solutions, that can stain the subcutaneous tissue or skin. It is also the method of choice when giving I.M. medications that are very irritating to the tissue, such as haloperidol or vistaril.

Precautions
Precautions taken when giving Z-track injections are all aimed at preventing the medication from leaking into the subcutaneous tissue or skin.

Description
To give a Z-track injection, use the non-dominant hand to move and hold the skin and subcutaneous tissue about 1-1.5 in (2.5-3.75 cm) laterally from the injection site. Continue holding the displaced skin and tissue until after the needle is removed. Dart the syringe rapidly into the site at a 90° angle. Aspirate on the syringe to be sure that a blood vessel has not been penetrated. Inject the medication slowly into the muscle. Be sure that the syringe is completely empty, including the air, before withdrawing the syringe. Withdraw the syringe and immediately release the skin and subcutaneous tissue.

Preparation
Draw the correct dosage into the syringe including 0.3-0.5 ml of air.

I thought all the air was supposed to be removed including the air bubbles?

Last edited:
some times blood vesals bleed like a bitch, but i would think you passed a vein and after the needle was removed and the hole was cloted the blood collected under the skin causing the lump.
when i would shot the glute i would lay on the bed swab the site and pull the glute to the side just with the skin. hold it in place and pin
after i finished pinning i remove the pin slowly and cover witht he swab and massage the area.
also releasing the skin and it would not bleed much at all if any.

some times blood vesals bleed like a bitch, but i would think you passed a vein and after the needle was removed and the hole was cloted the blood collected under the skin causing the lump.
when i would shot the glute i would lay on the bed swab the site and pull the glute to the side just with the skin. hold it in place and pin
after i finished pinning i remove the pin slowly and cover witht he swab and massage the area.
also releasing the skin and it would not bleed much at all if any.

X2

It happens sometimes.

Back