4.5% bodyfat, final result, please critique

tman55 said:
i wouldn't worry about it bro. yu are very lean, much leaner than 98% of the people here. my bf% is around 10%. when i measure with my calipers, it always shows me to be 6-7%. i am not that low. how do you physically feel when your bf is that low? do you feel good or do you feel tired and run down?

Well in the beginning I felt really shitty, the first few days of the diet I was seeing stars all day long. Extreme dizzyness, but the body adjusted pretty quickly after that. In the end I wasn't even as hungry or tired. I was training like hell as always and my sweat still reeks of ammonia. That's a good sign.
In the final two weeks of the diet I was on 75 grams carbs on non-training days, so that's pretty low I'd say;)

Thanks for the compliment!

Not bad for what you cut from but man you shouldve cut from heavier. However did you come back b/c you wanted to get advice or did you come back to the board b/c you thought you were gonna show everyone that knocked you up. Hence the last of your messages I saw
"I think I'm gonna stop posting seeing all the negativity here.
Later"

in the thread: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71845&page=2

just wondering

Winchester said:
Not bad for what you cut from but man you shouldve cut from heavier. However did you come back b/c you wanted to get advice or did you come back to the board b/c you thought you were gonna show everyone that knocked you up. Hence the last of your messages I saw
"I think I'm gonna stop posting seeing all the negativity here.
Later"

in the thread: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71845&page=2

just wondering

I wanted to show everybody who talked shit what my results are. Actions speak louder than words.

To luquillo78 & iamcdn:

My diet was pretty basic. The foods I ate were the following:

Carbs:
- Brown Rice
- Oatmeal
- Whole Grain Bread
- Dextrose (only post-workout)

Proteins:
- Chicken Breast
- Turkey Breast
- Sometimes lean read meat (lean steak and such)
- Whey Protein powder (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey)
- low fat cottage cheese

Fats:
- Olive oil

Vegetables (I could eat as many as I wanted):
- Broccoli
- Spinach
- Cauliflower
- All sorts of lettuce

Beverages:
- WATER!!!
- Crystal Clear Light drink mix

I started out the diet at 200gr carbs on training days (of which 75gr dextrose post-workout), and 100gr carbs on off days. Protein was at 350gr on training days, and 300gr on non-training days. This way the macro nutrients stayed the same on training days as well as on off days. It's just that on training days I swop a little protein for carbs for my post-workout recovery.

I had a lot of small adjustments, and in the last 2 weeks of the diets I was down to 75gr carbs on off days, and 150gr carbs on training days (of which again 75gr of post-workout dextrose for recovery).

I supplemented with BCAA's, taking 4 servings on training days and 2 servings on non-training days. I also took in glutamine together with the BCAA's, at the same times. I used a multivitamin supplement also, as I do always.

Cardio was about 3 times a week, on my off days, on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I did it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Well actually I only took a small whey protein shake with water right before cardio. I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike at about 70% of my max heart rate.

this confirms it, everyone who has had amazing results has the simplest diets around...keep it simple and work hard = results

im finally starting to understand tthat

first off, well done. though i will agree with those that think you are more than 4.5%. i would only make that claim with some sort fo xray analysis, rather than calipers.

im mainly chiming in to comment on your ammonia comment - it isnt neccessarily a good sign if your sweat reeks of ammonia - it just means taht you are breaking down nitrogen and excreting it through your skin. it could mean taht your kidneys are having trouble getting rid of it. it couls also mean you are losing some muslce tissue, though of course, if your dietary protein is high, that is less likely. if youre smelling of ammonia after an empty stomach cardio workout, youve either lost skeletal muscle, or youve used up some labile protein. hopefully its the latter.

again, well done, but if i were you, id probably gain a bit more mass before ripping down so far

cheerios

@big-tymer + SomeBloke:

I'm sure all contest bodybuilders use X-rays to determine their bodyfat :rolleyes:

It is a good thing when I smell ammonia, because that means my body isn't burning carbs for energy, so that means that I'm burning fat. Protein is the last resort for the body to use for energy.
With the amounts of protein I take in during the day it doesn't really matter even if I was burning some protein.

By the way, these pics are from 12th July, so now I'm bulking again since last week. A lot more carbs and I plan to get a lot heavier, though it is a clean bulk. We'll see what we can do.

I know I should pay more attention to chest and arms, and not so much on back. I never said my back needs a lot of work. I can't help it though, because I love training back, and I use the heavy basics so it'll grow anyway lol. I totally changed my biceps regimen, I went away from as much weight as I could handle to strict and heavy curling while I'm standing against a wall. It works pretty good, because my biceps looks much fuller and rounder now. I will keep that up for sure, and I hope to bring my triceps and chest up to par with the rest too.

Thanks for the replies!

Good work bro, although I´ll have to agree that youre no 4,5% bf. Time to bulk up more greadually this time! good luck.

Oh, and by the way, I would pay for a video of you squatting 350lbs ass to the grass.

Awsome job man!!
Back look freakishly huge with great lower back development!
I don't know how you kept your stregnth???As mine goes to shit!
Legs keep strong but I stay away from heavy squats and do 235 for 20-30.
Try not to put on more than 10lbs & keep fat under 9% and put the quality muscle.Keep posting.

Biceps_Blitz said:
@big-tymer + SomeBloke:

I'm sure all contest bodybuilders use X-rays to determine their bodyfat :rolleyes:

It is a good thing when I smell ammonia, because that means my body isn't burning carbs for energy, so that means that I'm burning fat. Protein is the last resort for the body to use for energy.
With the amounts of protein I take in during the day it doesn't really matter even if I was burning some protein.

By the way, these pics are from 12th July, so now I'm bulking again since last week. A lot more carbs and I plan to get a lot heavier, though it is a clean bulk. We'll see what we can do.

I know I should pay more attention to chest and arms, and not so much on back. I never said my back needs a lot of work. I can't help it though, because I love training back, and I use the heavy basics so it'll grow anyway lol. I totally changed my biceps regimen, I went away from as much weight as I could handle to strict and heavy curling while I'm standing against a wall. It works pretty good, because my biceps looks much fuller and rounder now. I will keep that up for sure, and I hope to bring my triceps and chest up to par with the rest too.

Thanks for the replies!

actually, calipers are useless on people with very high or very low bodyfat, for the simple reason taht caliper readings are back referenced to a population sample, and thus an estimate is produced. unless your population sample includes many many people with extremely low bodyfat (and they dont) then youre going to get some degree of error, because you cant back reference as well. professional bodybuilders do, in fact use x-rays to work out their bodyfat...or do you think that ronnie coleman is going to use a population of moms and pops to backtrack his bodyfat? please.

now, when you smell ammonia, youre excreting protein breakdown products through your skin, and they tend to concentrate a bit more than they do when you excrete them normally, through urine. i hate to pull rank on you mate, but im a pharmacist, and my body of knowledge encompasses this sort of stuff very well.

if you want to be sure youre burning fat, i suppose something you could do is a ketone test, to see if youre using ketone bodies as fuel (derived from fat) but anyone with a smidgen of common sense would say taht a sub caloric diet coupled with intense excercise is going to produce that anyway, so unless you can quantify and correllate it with otehr athletes, its a bit meaningless. another way to do it is to measure how much oxygen youre using (since burning carbs and protein shouldnt use too much oxygen at all) but for the most part, upping your protein intake in place of carbs and doing cardio is the usual way to go about losing fat, throttling back/upping cals when you feel too run down, become immunocompromised, lose weight too fast...that sort of thing

cheerios :)

oh and i know its a bit taboo but...were you on when you lost that fat?

good work kid ignore all the knockers your bf is very low most of the tools on this sight say there 15% so using there bf adjustment scale id say weve got a lot of 23%
fat asses posting threads.....your quite muscular for your size youve done really well
im in a cutting cycle so i know the dedication it takes to stick to the cardio and diet
its almost killed me ......congratulations keep up the good work.................best before and after photos ive seen yet except maybe for minx dnp shots lol......

Excuse me if I get the wrong term, but I thought the only way to measure true body fat was with a hydorstaic or sometihgn like that where they dunk you in a tank of water and measure it that way.

There is no way to really know what body fat % you are by most meathods but it should be within a few % points.

cubanojoe said:
Excuse me if I get the wrong term, but I thought the only way to measure true body fat was with a hydorstaic or sometihgn like that where they dunk you in a tank of water and measure it that way.

There is no way to really know what body fat % you are by most meathods but it should be within a few % points.

exactly... calipers do lie bro...

Thanks to the people who gave me positive criticism.
I see a lot of hating on here though... Someone gave me some anonymous negative karma: "you look sickly. Eat something and then try to cut numbnuts"... :sleep:

Anyway, I know the caliper isn't waterproof, but it says that it's 99% accurate. I use this caliper: http://www.accumeasurefitness.com/products/fitness3000.html

Whatever my percentage is, I'm dry as shit. I still am by the way even though I'm getting in more carbs week by week. I am now allowed to also eat potatoes, cornflakes and peanut butter (for fats). Two junkmeals a week are also permitted. I just had a large pizza with chicken and a serving of buffalo wings, all from Dominos. :D

Someone asked me about steroid use while dieting. No, I have never used steroids. I don't see also why somebody should use them while cutting. Diet and cardio is what takes off the fat, not steroids;)
Interesting to hear about the ketone test. Never heard about that...

Back