arm growth.....................

I'm confused.. you call china wall bullshit for saying that you need to add some body weight to help add and inch to your arms . you then go on to say that you've added an inch to your arms in 9 weeks and you also added 8 lbs of bodyweight.
so whats the bullshit?
you did exactly what china wall just said, yet you call him out for bull shit ,, your own experience is in-line with what he just said

He said "you have to gain 12-15lbs of lean body mass, no doubt" to gain 1" on your arms.

I'm merely saying you don't.

He said "you have to gain 12-15lbs of lean body mass, no doubt" to gain 1" on your arms.

I'm merely saying you don't.

oh ok , so he is saying 12 pounds, and you did it by gaining only 8 pounds ,, he is '4 lbs' off and by that is full of bullshit then, lol :)

either way , there is a 'physiological' truth to what he is saying,, adding more overall mass to your frame can result in more easily gaining size to your arms.
its much harder (nearly impossible) to gain say 2 inches to your arm, while NOT gaining size/mass to your overall frame . think not? I challenge you to add size to your arms while on a cut and losing weight .

there are probably genetic freaks out there that can add size to their arms while not adding overall mass to their frame, but this is rare.. the average joe needs to add size to his frame and his arms will follow., that is not 'bullshit' , that is physiological common sense

oh ok , so he is saying 12 pounds, and you did it by gaining only 8 pounds ,, he is '4 lbs' off and by that is full of bullshit then, lol :)

either way , there is a 'physiological' truth to what he is saying,, adding more overall mass to your frame can result in more easily gaining size to your arms.
its much harder (nearly impossible) to gain say 2 inches to your arm, while NOT gaining size/mass to your overall frame . think not? I challenge you to add size to your arms while on a cut and losing weight .

there are probably genetic freaks out there that can add size to their arms while not adding overall mass to their frame, but this is rare.. the average joe needs to add size to his frame and his arms will follow., that is not 'bullshit' , that is physiological common sense

You don't understand, I'm not saying you don't have to add overall lean body mass to add size to your arms, I'm simply debunking the comment above that you have to add 12-15lbs of mass to gain an inch. Because that statement quite simply is NOT true.

Just like the other statement above saying you have to take Tren to get big arms.

Come on guys. Why make these statements and come up with these facts, if they aren't true??

I gained an inch on my arms NOT using Tren and NOT putting on 12-15lbs of mass.

Ergo: both statements are total rubbish.

I will also stress, the inch on my arms is muscle and not water or fat. I diet appropriately.

I have principles. If I don't know the answer to something, or I don't have the facts. I keep my mouth shut.

That way, any newcomer to training or AAS won't be misguided.

I only speak on stuff that I know to be true. The world is much simpler that way.

What i dont underdstand bigben is why u have to argue every fact people post if u dont like what i say why bother coming on my threads?
Its really not constructive crisitism u have to offer to anybody i see then being negative towards others bro

Last edited:
What i dont underdstand bigben is why u have to argue every fact people post if u dont like what i say why bother coming on my threads?
Its really not constructive crisitism u have to offer to anybody i see then being negative towards others bro

I'll keep arguing 'facts' til I'm blue in the face - if those 'facts' aren't actually 'facts' Matt.

As a vet on here, I'm sick of people posting untruths. It's misguiding, misleading and extremely unhelpful to people setting out.

I gave you solid advice above Matt, without any arguing, maliciousness or untruth.

If you want to add quality muscle to your arms - make sure that you are working the target muscle, whether that's your triceps or biceps with 100% intent.

That's NOT putting too much weight on the bar and swinging it up with multiple bodyparts.

That's NOT putting too much weight on the bar so that it's impossible to contract the target muscle.

That's NOT putting too much weight on the bar so you can only do 4 or 5 reps.

It IS changing whatever form of training you have been doing, because what you have been doing is either wrong, or your body has adapted to that form of training.

It IS lowering the amount of recovery between sets, and raising the intensity levels by supersetting, drop setting and reaching failure on multiple occasions.

It IS prioritising your arms before muscle groups you are happy with, whether that be working them earlier in your session when fresh, or doubling/tripling up on them over the week.

So there you go, some positive FACTUAL feedback from someone with big arms.

You do NOT need Tren, and you do NOT need to gain 'unnecessary' body mass.

Last edited:
You could just train arms and put size on them without all the hype of having more mass on back and legs. That way most of your mass gains will be all arms. Just a theory but one I wouldn't try.
There are numerous ways to gain arm inches. I've put on size without gaining a pound. Depends on how much bf one is carrying around when you start. I'm sure they bro that said 12-15 pounds was just throwing arbitrary numbers ought there. Each individual will have different results

Matt, if your say 205 pounds at 12%bf right now with 17" arms.. and if you keep training arms intently and with purpose,, when you bulk up to say 230 pounds and maintain that same 12% bf, you'll probably have 19" arms, cause your arms will follow.

if your a rare individual that has awesome genetics for arm growth, then 'maybe' you could get to 19" arms without adding body mass. but thats unlikely to happen, otherwise you'd already have 19" arms and would not be posting threads about arm growth. so being you don't have great arm growth genetics, then you just need to train harder/smarter and put on more overall size. its that simple :)

You do NOT need Tren, and you do NOT need to gain 'unnecessary' body mass.

and I'll disagree with big ben, yes you 'might' actually need more Tren (or deca) and need to put on more size to get to 19" arms. big ben may not need that cause of his genetics,, but YOU are you and got to decide what YOU need to get to your goals, may not be the same as ben because of genetics.
if you want 19" arms, and more tren and 30 pounds of more muscle on your body will get your there with focused arm training along the way . then fucking go for it if you want it .

(bodybuilding is a vain sport.. heck other guys out there with 19" arms who got there with running gear and putting on body mass, may NOT want you to get there too. they want to be the only guy in the room with 19" arms and won't admit the truth of how they got there let alone give you direct advice to help you get there , they don't even want you to succeed)

and on a side note: I generally don't listen to training advice on muscle groups from guys that have great genetics for that muscle group. example, if someone has great calves (genetically), don't bother asking that guy what he does or how he trains to get great calves. heck he may not even train calves, he just has a genetic propensity towards great calves.
the guy with the biggest arms in the room could have the worst training advice for arms, he just has good arm genetics, and then use those good genetics as an excuse of "see look at me and my big arms, I must know what I'm talking about", thats not necessarily the case.

Last edited:
Big arms is all diet has 0 to do with gear. When i was natty i had 21's because all my macros were in place now that im on gear i have 18's cuz my diet is not on point

Big arms is all diet has 0 to do with gear. When i was natty i had 21's because all my macros were in place now that im on gear i have 18's cuz my diet is not on point

has your BF % and body weight remained the same from when you had 21's to your current 18's? or have they went down

imo, body composition has everything to do with diet (and arms are included in 'body composition'). so yeah your correct in that diet plays an important factor.. if your diet helps you put on 40 pounds, your arms will probably be bigger too

Last edited:
has your BF % and body weight remained the same from when you had 21's to your current 18's? or have they went down

Lmao hope you know im kidding and hope you are kidding! Big arms is all about gear or else we wouldnt use it!

Big arms is all diet has 0 to do with gear.

arms contain muscle fibers. gear induces muscle and protein synthesis, therefore being arms contain muscle fibers effected by protein synthesis, induced by gear, gear thus effects arms. no way around that :)
to what degree does gear effect arm growth, that can be argued, but to say that gear has 'zero' effect on arms (i.e., muscle) can't be true

and I'll disagree with big ben, yes you 'might' actually need more Tren (or deca) and need to put on more size to get to 19" arms. big ben may not need that cause of his genetics,, but YOU are you and got to decide what YOU need to get to your goals, may not be the same as ben because of genetics.

So you're telling a guy who admits to taking a LOT of Tren over the years and has had no success growing those arms in years - to throw more Tren at the problem.... are you for real?

Matt admitted to taking a gram of Tren a week at one stage - and his arms didn't budge one iota!

The guy clearly doesn't train his arms correctly, so you feel free to throw as many drugs at the issue as you like - the arms won't grow unless he trains them properly. Simple as that.

And you're also wrong about me... my genetics are shocking, I've earnt every inch of muscle on my body from clever training, strict as you like nutritional intake - and moderate cycling.

I'll say this 'til I'm blue in the face.

Diet and supplementation first, training comes a close second, sleep third - gear is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Diet and supplementation first, training comes a close second, sleep third - gear is just the icing on the cake.

sounds so 'noble'. come on we all know its the gear, your not fooling anyone by your supposed optimized 'training and diet' and gear is just the 'icing on the cake'.. you just said your genetics suck, take away the gear and your a nobody. so am I, I just happen to be able to admit that and not fool myself :)

you just said your genetics suck, take away the gear and your a nobody. so am I, I just happen to be able to admit that and not fool myself :)

I admitted my genetics suck, but that didn't stop me training balls out and clean for over 15 years to make the best of what I had. By the time I moved on to AAS, I had a body that would put most AAS users to shame, and because of this, my muscles were all the more receptive to the extra help.

All guys like ben like love to make people think moderate cycling did the trick but just said he used tren for years. Dont throw that bullshit that diet is gonna get you big arms yes you need proper nutrients but know dam well the gear has everything to do with growing beyond genetically possible. Who gives a fuck how much you grew your arms everyone is different cant tell me i dont train right my arms have been the same for a couple years

Back