Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

I got my labs done. I'll refresh your memory a little. I get 300mg depo-test EOW. No AI or HCG. I got my labs done just before my injection and 72 hours after. I know 48 hours is optimal but that was the soonest I could get there. I got the hormone panel for females from LabsMD so it has a plethora of results but I'll post the main ones and if you need more info let me know. I also talked with the Dr. about weekly injections and he is not opposed to it, however, they are slow as fuck when I go to get my injection so it may not be practical. In the future I may have to just find a good website and order my own stuff. It would probably be cheaper anyway. I will start with my peak readings. I'll put the reference ranges next to them.

Hematocrit- 50.5 (38.5 - 50) high
MCHC- 31.5 (32 - 36) low but I am not sure what this is
Absolute monocytes- 1008 (200 - 950) High and I am not sure what this is
FSH- <0.7 (1.6 - 8) low
LH- <0.2 (1.5 - 9.3)
Estradiol- 93 (< or = 39) High
Total testosterone- 2114 (250 - 1100) high but I think I like it

TROUGH:

Prolactin- 7.9 (2.1 - 17.7)
Sex binding globulin- 33 (10 - 74)
Testosterone % Free- 2% (1.8 - 3.2)
Testosterone, Free- 95 (50 - 247)
Total testosterone- 468 (285 - 950)

I know there is quite a huge difference between the peak and trough. I hope it is not hard to find an AI dosage that works for me. I think if I could get my estrogen under control I would feel better. Tell my what you think. I am interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this and also a suggested dosage for Arimidex.

Before going down the AI path, you need to change up your dosing protocol. No longer than once a week. Twice a week would be even better. Start self-injecting. Demand that your doc let you self-inject. You have lots of testosterone in you now. Be a man and demand it! it is retarded to keep wasting your time and money to go into a clinic for injections and you can see how your current protocol is totally putting you on a very unhealthy hormonal roller coaster ride.

Donate blood -- your hematocrit is getting too high.

If there is no way you can possibly change your dosing protocol, start taking .50mg of adex with your injection of testosterone.

your TT is really high...
if you inject twice weekly you would see that estradiol go down. We dont know trough Estradiol. Would be nice to know.
suprisingly your TT is not half bad 3 weeks out from shot.
Judging by your Prolactin though estradiol looks to be in the
20-42 pg/ml range...
Tell him its not safe to have all that influx of Estradiol.
It causes blood clots, edema etc...
how do you think a good percentage of those patients in that TRT study released last fall wound up with heart attack....
Primarily from bad practice from docs who dont know squat bout TRT.

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately I live in small town ********* and there are no TRT clinics doctors around that know about this sort of thing unless its a vet trying to fatten up his livestock. The nearest TRT clinic is over 2 hours away and they told me they do not let people self inject either. They wanted to put me on pellets, which I don't want. I had to drive 2 hours just to get my own lab work done.
I don't have my trough estrogen level because my doctor did those labs and he refuses to check for that. The doc tells me he has to jump through a lot of hoops just to prescribe anything except the gel. Whether of not that is bullshit is beside the point because he refuses. I'll handle it myself while looking for another option.
At this time there is no way I can change my injection schedule. I will start with an AI and call some clinics in neighboring states. Maybe they will let me self inject with a minimal amount of visits.
I will order the Liquidex 30ml 1mg/ml from RUi Products and start with that. My questions are as follows:

How many drops equals .50 mg?
Do I take that only 1 time with my injection?
Do I squirt that into a drink or on food?
How often should I donate blood?
I am excited to see my total test high. Won't it be like running a cycle and give me a chance to make some gains in strength and mass? I feel stronger since being on test but maybe its not high enough to make a difference?

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately I live in small town ********* and there are no TRT clinics doctors around that know about this sort of thing unless its a vet trying to fatten up his livestock. The nearest TRT clinic is over 2 hours away and they told me they do not let people self inject either. They wanted to put me on pellets, which I don't want. I had to drive 2 hours just to get my own lab work done.
I don't have my trough estrogen level because my doctor did those labs and he refuses to check for that. The doc tells me he has to jump through a lot of hoops just to prescribe anything except the gel. Whether of not that is bullshit is beside the point because he refuses. I'll handle it myself while looking for another option.
At this time there is no way I can change my injection schedule. I will start with an AI and call some clinics in neighboring states. Maybe they will let me self inject with a minimal amount of visits.
I will order the Liquidex 30ml 1mg/ml from RUi Products and start with that. My questions are as follows:

How many drops equals .50 mg?
Do I take that only 1 time with my injection?
Do I squirt that into a drink or on food?
How often should I donate blood?
I am excited to see my total test high. Won't it be like running a cycle and give me a chance to make some gains in strength and mass? I feel stronger since being on test but maybe its not high enough to make a difference?

Try the forum TRT sponsor. Their ad is on the right hand side of your screen. Give them a call. Or the old sponsor, IMT.

Don't measure in drops. Order 1ml oral syringes from Amazon. Use those to measure your dose.

Yes, I would only take it once with your injection or the day after due to your protocol.

Just squirt it in your moutb. It is flavored and tastes fairly good.

You can donate blood once every 56 days.

Yes, but keep in mind your test is really low - almost hypogonadal -- by the time you get around to injecting again. You are on a huge roller coaster. This is working against you and it is going to cause serious problematic side effects. It would be much better to try and even your TT levels out more. You need to explain to your doc what is going on. Show him your blood work. Chart it out for him. Lead him to the right answer.

Before going down the AI path, you need to change up your dosing protocol. No longer than once a week. Twice a week would be even better. Start self-injecting. Demand that your doc let you self-inject. You have lots of testosterone in you now. Be a man and demand it! it is retarded to keep wasting your time and money to go into a clinic for injections and you can see how your current protocol is totally putting you on a very unhealthy hormonal roller coaster ride.

Donate blood -- your hematocrit is getting too high.

If there is no way you can possibly change your dosing protocol, start taking .50mg of adex with your injection of testosterone.

When I first started TRT injections the doctor wanted me to come back for the injections. I straight up told him no because my wife was a nurse and she can handle giving me an injection. I've had to do it by myself twice. She told me what to do and I did it easily.

I don't understand how any good doctor wouldn't allow someone to self inject but I hear about it all the time.

I don't understand how any good doctor wouldn't allow someone to self inject but I hear about it all the time.

They think cause it's injectable you may try higher doses than they prescribed. It's all part of the bias alot of them have on Testosterone and injecting.
Bodybuilding misconceptions are in the mix too when you hear docs shy away from injectables.

Rhettjwilson

What I'm basically saying is there are docs who wont prescribe injections because they dont want to give you the means of enhancing yourself under their watch.
They'll more than gladly double your dose of Gel before even considering giving you carte blanche with self injections.

4150 it might not be a bad idea to travel to a reputable clinic for treatment. There are many that only require 1 or 2 visits per year, so it wouldn't be a big inconvenience.

Some of them will even reimburse your travel expenses for the initial visit.

Thanks for all the advice. I am glad I found this website. I contacted IMT and will send them the required paperwork. Does anyone know how much they charge or does anyone use them? I live in Nebraska and live several hours from the nearest TRT clinic. I talked to the clinics that I found in this state and they both told me they do not allow patients to self inject. Instead, they offered to implant a pellet. I decided against that. I will continue to look in a neighboring state. If I can find a clinic that only requires one or two visits a year that would be fine.
I agree that doctors are biased against injectable testosterone and AI and HCG. It's similar to a "steroid" cycle only it's therapeutic and also a medical necessity. It is along the same lines as denying that marijuana has any medical benefit. Obviously it does but many doctors are too ignorant to see it.
I will utilize this doctor and make due until I find something better. At first he wanted to put me on the gel and I was able to talk him out of that so maybe he will give in to my demands eventually.

If I recall, IMT doesn't have a fixed price. The price depends on which protocol you're on.

Many clinics charge a monthly fee. Be weary, as some of them are really pricey. There are definitely clinics out there that are more reasonably priced though (~$200/month).

That might seem like a lot to people who use their insurance for TRT, but it's absolutely worth it for me.

If I recall, IMT doesn't have a fixed price. The price depends on which protocol you're on.

Many clinics charge a monthly fee. Be weary, as some of them are really pricey. There are definitely clinics out there that are more reasonably priced though (~$200/month).

That might seem like a lot to people who use their insurance for TRT, but it's absolutely worth it for me.

$200 a month is a lot of cash for a blue collar worker.
It's not just for one year it's for life!
on top of that there are meds you need to pay for.

$200 a month is a lot of cash for a blue collar worker.
It's not just for one year it's for life!
on top of that there are meds you need to pay for.

I'm a blue collar worker. Little bit of OT covers my monthly payment. I agree that it's still not considered cheap, but its a lot more affordable than many of the other places that I looked into.

$200/month covers all meds and supplies, doctor visits/consults, and a couple rounds of bloodwork.

Getting your drive and vitality back along with a promotion due to optimizing your T levels, priceless.

xD

I agree but Americans are still struggling to pay the bills and bare necessities. The Economic recovery(what ever you want to call it) has been slow.

I agree but Americans are still struggling to pay the bills and bare necessities. The Economic recovery(what ever you want to call it) has been slow.

Health has to be at the top of one's priority list (after their kid's). Can't put a price on not feeling like a zombie every waking moment.

I was totally ready to go the 200/month route, but I did some digging and found an Endo in network for my HMO willing to let me self inject 2x a week. Even if you live in an area with not a lot of doctors, its probably worth it to look for one that will let you self inject. Even if you have to drive a few hours. The difference in cost is huge. I pay 14 dollars for my Test E prescription and a bottle lasts me 2 months. Labs are covered 100%, and my doctor copay is 25 every few months when I see him. Thats less than 1/10th of what a cash clinic would charge. It took time and energy finding a doc and working with him to get the proper care, but its been so worth it.

I did some checking and talked to IMT and another place that a fella on here suggested. They are both 250 to 350 a month. It would be tough to swing that every month. I may ask if they will just work with me on the AI and HCG and I think I can talk my doc into weekly injections while I look around. I will look around more and make more calls. In the meantime I have some Liquidex coming and hopefully I can control estrogen that way. Does anyone just order the stuff themselves from the many websites that sell all this stuff? Wouldn't it be cheaper that way? and from what I read dosages from one person to the next are very similar.

I did some checking and talked to IMT and another place that a fella on here suggested. They are both 250 to 350 a month. It would be tough to swing that every month. I may ask if they will just work with me on the AI and HCG and I think I can talk my doc into weekly injections while I look around. I will look around more and make more calls. In the meantime I have some Liquidex coming and hopefully I can control estrogen that way. Does anyone just order the stuff themselves from the many websites that sell all this stuff? Wouldn't it be cheaper that way? and from what I read dosages from one person to the next are very similar.

Liquidex is an AI. It is arimidex.

RUI does not have hCG, but it can be found.

I have found some places that sell HCG, not sure how good they are I'll have to do more work on that. we talked about suggested liquidex dosage in a previous post. just to clarify, I get injected 300mg this Friday and eow. 72 hours after my last injection my estrogen was at 93 and test 2114. You suggested .5 mg of liquidex the day after my injection. That would be 1/2 a ml? and then I should not need any more until the next injection? I read I should be able to tell the difference in estrogen levels by hardness of erections and hot flashes? the week after my shot both of those were issues

Back