Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

First thought is that Esrradiol of 14pg/ml is not good. That is too low. When you say estrogen do you really mean estradiol? And are you using an AI?

I would not change your test dosage it it has been working for you all along. I would just go back on hCG. Get blood work in 6 weeks and see if things are back to normal.

So ignore the docs recommendation about upping the T dosage? I don't have a problem with that, i'm just asking for clarity. What you say makes sense and i wondered about upping it since it's been working so well.

When i was doing the hiking i noticed some weight loss/muscle gain. I dropped about 9 lbs total, but my legs were getting really strong, i could feel it. I'm just curious if i changed something by doing that intense exercise. I've also noticed a slight libido drop since then as well.

The doc referred to it as estrogen. I'm honestly not super well versed on a lot of the terms, so i couldn't tell you the difference between the 2, just kind of going off what he said. I could call him and get more details if that helps? Also what is an AI? I am taking anastrozole if that's what you're asking. 1 pill 24 hrs after my T dosage.

So ignore the docs recommendation about upping the T dosage? I don't have a problem with that, i'm just asking for clarity. What you say makes sense and i wondered about upping it since it's been working so well.

When i was doing the hiking i noticed some weight loss/muscle gain. I dropped about 9 lbs total, but my legs were getting really strong, i could feel it. I'm just curious if i changed something by doing that intense exercise. I've also noticed a slight libido drop since then as well.

The doc referred to it as estrogen. I'm honestly not super well versed on a lot of the terms, so i couldn't tell you the difference between the 2, just kind of going off what he said. I could call him and get more details if that helps? Also what is an AI? I am taking anastrozole if that's what you're asking. 1 pill 24 hrs after my T dosage.

Weight change of 9 pounds and hiking is unlikely to cause a 500 point change in your TT while taking exogenous testosterone.

Estradiol is a form of estrogen. The form that matters for guys on TRT. You need to ask for a copy of your blood work results. Once you have the results, post them up here. I would encourage you to start doing some reading so that you can be an advocate for yourself to make sure you get good care. Start by reading the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread in this forum.

To reiterate what I said, I would not increase your test dosage at this point. Just add the hCG back into your protocol and see what effect that has. You can up the best later. Consider this your opportunity to stockpile a small reserve.

My recent bloodwork came back odd. I've been consistent for a long time with my dosage and test results. This last round of bloodwork came back at 490 T (had been consistently around 1000) with good estrogen (14) and good red blood cell counts (mid 40's). The only thing that changed was some fairly heavy hiking during hunting season, to the tune of about 100 miles in 15 days of hunting, a lot of it pretty hefty elevation gain. Could this cause an anomaly like this? The doctor was kind of weirded out by it, but said the exercise could have caused it. I'm bumping my dosage up to 1 mg from .8 mg, and i just now started my HCG back up (2 months on, 1 off). When the blood was drawn i'd been off HCG for 3.5 weeks, and it was immediately prior to my T injection. I'm supposed to do bloodwork again in 6 weeks. Any input?

Wait.. so what is the protocol that you are on?

Sorry, I meant .8 ml. My med schedule goes like this. Monday and Friday .5 ml hcg injection. Wednesday .8 ml T injection. Thursday .5 mg anastrozole.

".8ml" is a volume, not a dose. What concentration of testosterone is your prescription? The most commonly used is 200mg/ml but it can come in several other concentrations.

You need to ask for a copy of your blood work results. Once you have the results, post them up here. .

^^^^ I can't stress this enough guys, I know everyone wants to believe these docs know what they are doing but I can tell you from experience 99.9% don't have a clue what they are doing in regards to TRT and you are their guinea pig.

Don't be a guinea pig.

Questions about hcg use

My question's are:

Is using hcg a healthy choice to keep natural test production going? Been reading a bit about it not being good to shut down those path ways from pituitary to testes.

Since my peak and trough tt numbers are a little low would hcg at 250 iu 2x a week raise my tt noticeably?

Will adding Hcg to my protocol help with under active thyroid?

How much can hcg affect my lipids LDL cholesteral?

Thanks

Last edited:
DET, you have seriously got me thinking now. I have noticed since being off HCG for the past year, my labs keep coming back with higher and higher LDL. Would not have know to link the two. I only stopped administering HCG, because for some reason I could not get dialed in, it would totally throw my E2 in spin cycle. My acne is horrendous, while on HCG. Since I've stopped HCG, no acne and stay pretty much in check. With that said though, I tend to be more fond of my heart then skin. Going to try to get dialed in with HCG again after my blast. Great post brother

DET, you have seriously got me thinking now. I have noticed since being off HCG for the past year, my labs keep coming back with higher and higher LDL. Would not have know to link the two. I only stopped administering HCG, because for some reason I could not get dialed in, it would totally throw my E2 in spin cycle. My acne is horrendous, while on HCG. Since I've stopped HCG, no acne and stay pretty much in check. With that said though, I tend to be more fond of my heart then skin. Going to try to get dialed in with HCG again after my blast. Great post brother

My HDL comes at 0.99 on just Test. From my understanding it has to be above 1.20 for good health. LDL higher too.

Questions about hcg use

My question's are:

Is using hcg a healthy choice to keep natural test production going? Been reading a bit about it not being good to shut down those path ways from pituitary to testes.

Since my peak and trough tt numbers are a little low would hcg at 250 iu 2x a week raise my tt noticeably?

Will adding Hcg to my protocol help with under active thyroid?

How much can hcg affect my lipids LDL cholesteral?

Thanks

#1 The pathways will be shut down from the testosterone anyway

#2 I am not a believer in anything less than 350 IU HCG at a time. It is my opinion it takes that much to get stimulation.

#3 It is very possible HCG will help with your thyroid but it is not guaranteed. HCG stimulates the P450 side chain enzyme at the pituitary, this helps funnel hormones through their correct pathways, such as cortisol, DHEA.

Peptides are a great choice for stimulating the pituitary and in my experience have had the biggest effect on the thyroid and adrenals.

#4 Its possible that HCG can raise your HDL, which in turn would lower LDL since HDL is responsible for clearing LDL out of the arteries.

Hope this helps.

It sounds like you just need to get the dose dialed in properly. Also try a rotation maybe like 4 weeks on 2 weeks off or 3 and 2. Also tray 1x week HCG injects if it is causing your E to spike. This may help.

Also its important to get good HCG like pregnyl or ovidrel. If by chance you are not using 1 of those 2 this could be the cause of the side effects.

Hope this helps, when you run it again let us know if these tweaks help.

#1 The pathways will be shut down from the testosterone anyway

#2 I am not a believer in anything less than 350 IU HCG at a time. It is my opinion it takes that much to get stimulation.

#3 It is very possible HCG will help with your thyroid but it is not guaranteed. HCG stimulates the P450 side chain enzyme at the pituitary, this helps funnel hormones through their correct pathways, such as cortisol, DHEA.

Peptides are a great choice for stimulating the pituitary and in my experience have had the biggest effect on the thyroid and adrenals.

#4 Its possible that HCG can raise your HDL, which in turn would lower LDL since HDL is responsible for clearing LDL out of the arteries.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does.

Thanks for your input

Hi.. I am on TRT (200mg/week Test), nothing else. I generally feel pretty good. Sleep like a baby, body has changed a lot, mental health is great. Have been able to get much leaner while building strength and size. If I had one complaint it would be libido. It's not in the basement but it's not where it should/could be.

So my question(s).
having bloodwork done early Jan and an appointment with the Endo. This time he is checking for TSH, LH FSH, Free test of course, and Estradiol. (he would never check E2 before).
Is there anything else I should have him look for? Are they any other recommendations or comments on taking TEST only for TRT? Might ask him about a daily Cialus or something.

Also, I plan on getting the blood done just before the injection for that week (took me a long time with this guy to get to 200/week from Androgel forever, to 200/3 weeks, to 200/2 weeks, to now 200/Wk.)

Hi.. I am on TRT (200mg/week Test), nothing else. I generally feel pretty good. Sleep like a baby, body has changed a lot, mental health is great. Have been able to get much leaner while building strength and size. If I had one complaint it would be libido. It's not in the basement but it's not where it should/could be.

So my question(s).
having bloodwork done early Jan and an appointment with the Endo. This time he is checking for TSH, LH FSH, Free test of course, and Estradiol. (he would never check E2 before).
Is there anything else I should have him look for? Are they any other recommendations or comments on taking TEST only for TRT? Might ask him about a daily Cialus or something.

Also, I plan on getting the blood done just before the injection for that week (took me a long time with this guy to get to 200/week from Androgel forever, to 200/3 weeks, to 200/2 weeks, to now 200/Wk.)

Give the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread in this forum a read. It covers blood work.

Make sure to get a CBC and Metbolic Profile (including hematocrit). Total Testosterone too.

You don't need to check LH and FSH. They will come back at 0 since you are shut down.

I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum as it covers TRT and cycling. Beginning next month I will be going to a TRT clinic. The nurse that made my appointment said they typically give 300mg test cyp weekly along with an AI. I will ask about HCG when I get there but the nurse told me they usually do not prescribe it and from what I have learned a lot of TRT protocols do not include it. I will be injecting at home so I can inject any amount I want and save the rest. I could just inject 200mg a week and save up the rest until I have enough to run a 500mg a week cycle or I could call this a long low dose cycle at 300mg a week. Which would be best? I am anxious to run a cycle but I think I should lose a little more body fat (currently around 21%). I work out minimum 5 hrs a week. I eat healthy but need to know more about proper diet.

I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum as it covers TRT and cycling. Beginning next month I will be going to a TRT clinic. The nurse that made my appointment said they typically give 300mg test cyp weekly along with an AI. I will ask about HCG when I get there but the nurse told me they usually do not prescribe it and from what I have learned a lot of TRT protocols do not include it. I will be injecting at home so I can inject any amount I want and save the rest. I could just inject 200mg a week and save up the rest until I have enough to run a 500mg a week cycle or I could call this a long low dose cycle at 300mg a week. Which would be best? I am anxious to run a cycle but I think I should lose a little more body fat (currently around 21%). I work out minimum 5 hrs a week. I eat healthy but need to know more about proper diet.

You need to get your TRT protocol dialed in before you even start thinking about blasting. Dialing TRT can often take 6-12 months.

You need to get your TRT protocol dialed in before you even start thinking about blasting. Dialing TRT can often take 6-12 months.

So if the doctor does prescribe 300mg a week I should go with it? I know she is a doctor but it seems excessive and sort of like a week cycle that would never end. Of course I am not going to complain about it if I have some leftovers. This is a very nice clinic that has been around a while and looks very reputable so maybe I should not second guess the doctor. Even the staff is in great shape so they must know something about hormones.

Back