biceps 4 days per week?

Dave1

I am banned!
6x15 bicep curls with 5 kg dbs 4 days per week for best way to get my biceps bigger. How do i get them bigger????

cardio everyday for 1 hour too to tone?

u want to grow and you use 12.5 lbs are your serious. and 4 times a week. come on my man please read some. if you want to grow you go heavy and eat right. and most important you rest.

So easy to overtrain bis, they are a real small muscle group and get alot of work on back days too..hit them hard and heavy once a week that's all you need

bro like I said before eat eat eat and take your supplements, now to grow your bicep like hardpr said.

Bi's should be fairly toasted from a good back work out.
Big heavy pulls in all variety is where you build your bi's. "Arm day" alone is
really isn't necessary. Although, I'm sure other folks disagree.

I agree. Saves time too;)

i wouldnt disagree with you. but a nice say three sets of con curls at the end of back is a good idea. or seated curls

A reliable method to gain mass is to do MOST of the work with super heavy compound lifts(on ANY muscle group) like 4-5sets of seated high and mid rows with 2 varying hand positions, 2sets of dead lifts, 3sets of rotary lateral pull downs THEN when you're almost entirely spent like burnt toast, hit a couple isolation sets with some mid-light preacher curls for higher reps and reverse grip curls with the EZbar then 2 sets of heavy hammer curls. The PUMP after that back bicep day is fantastic! I can barely buckle my fucking seat belt leaving the gym after these

this guy is either a jerk whos wasting our time or hes a kid and doesnt belong on a steroid board . his post in the cycle forum was the last straw . hes banned .

and hardpr concentration curls WTF lol , youve been reading too many of those musclerags / magazines.

Well compared to every other lift my curl is my strongest so I'm thinking if primarily bicep development was desired, ending with isolations works for me at least. I mean I'm 185lbs and I regularly curl 140lbs for 10reps. I can curl 200lbs for 6 reps

Well compared to every other lift my curl is my strongest so I'm thinking if primarily bicep development was desired, ending with isolations works for me at least. I mean I'm 185lbs and I regularly curl 140lbs for 10reps. I can curl 200lbs for 6 reps

your pic is a little hard to see but it looks like those heavy reps have given you good mass.

95% of lifters on these boards would be better off than not doing ANY excercises that have the words isolation or concentration in them . heavy compound lifts add mass , period.

My pic is out dated! I had only done 10weeks of deca without testosterone in that pic from 6years ago. I only use it to tie relevance to my screen name. I am not disagreeing with you DaDawg, much respect, compounds are the staple, I'm not denying that! I just believe that the addition of light isolations at the end helps more than NOT doing them. Just from what I've noticed with my body

My pic is out dated! I had only done 10weeks of deca without testosterone in that pic from 6years ago. I only use it to tie relevance to my screen name. I am not disagreeing with you DaDawg, much respect, compounds are the staple, I'm not denying that! I just believe that the addition of light isolations at the end helps more than NOT doing them. Just from what I've noticed with my body

we agree to disagree then .

imo all that concentration , isolation stuff is just crap that the muscle rags / magazines used to sell magazines. heavy BB curls , hammer curls , etc. add mass.

How can you work a muscle so intensely and not get anything out of it?? That's just not logical at all to say just because a lift is isolated to one muscle it doesn't break it down causing a rebuild.. I find very often it's the really big heavy and super heavy weight guys who believe only in compounds. Then again, I'm not going for the big hard beer keg body, power lifter look. IDK, to each their own I suppose. Depends on your goals and such

How can you work a muscle so intensely and not get anything out of it?? That's just not logical at all to say just because a lift is isolated to one muscle it doesn't break it down causing a rebuild.. I find very often it's the really big heavy and super heavy weight guys who believe only in compounds. Then again, I'm not going for the big hard beer keg body, power lifter look. IDK, to each their own I suppose. Depends on your goals and such

marathon runners work a muscle a lot but with little resistance , i dont see any monster quads on those guys ,lol.

i have been around powerlifters for many years and very few dont have a LOT of mass uinless they lift in the lighter weight classes . sure many including me have a big gut but some of the 350 superweight monsters could diet down to 275-300 pounds of walking muscle. they didnt get that mass doing isolation / concentration excercises . as info ronnie coleman did extensive powerlifting training , he even used the suits / equipment of powerlifters .

I do bi's and tri's twice a week. The only muscles i work twice in a week. Wednesdays and Saturdays. i also do crunches and pushups everyday. Hopefully i am not overworking.

this guy is either a jerk whos wasting our time or hes a kid and doesnt belong on a steroid board . his post in the cycle forum was the last straw . hes banned .

and hardpr concentration curls WTF lol , youve been reading too many of those musclerags / magazines.

if u read the first post to the thread i said go heavy. and if the word concentration bothers you all well. hes banned close the thread.

Last edited:
Concentration curls are good! I use them in my current routine & if im training for reps/size then i would include a dropset, provides a killer pump.

Just thought id share my experience when it comes to biceps.
I tried isolation on my biceps all the time, i would go as heavy as I could for 10-12reps
They would never grow, AT ALL period.
Im also battling low testosterone & a family history of obesity/diabetics.
Tried 3 Different routines in 3weeks, training them 1-3times a week.. no results
Its not my diet, because my legs grow fine.. and my strength keeps on going up.
My legs were growing, but everything was staying the same.. which pissed me off.

Started hitting back harder (pulls/rows) and now have grown heaps since then, same as my lats. I have to admit, since starting doing back workout.. my whole body has changed. Back is probably the key, considering its the 2nd largest muscle after legs.

I would agree 110% with dadawg, work on your compound movements.. that's where its at.
Push, Pull, Legs was made for a reason.
Work on your compound movements, rest, eat, sleep, and patients!!

If you still cant grow from doing compound movements, you either aint giving it enough patients, diet sucks, low testosterone, overtraining, not training hard enough.. could be lots of reasons.

I also thinking including a bicep/tricep day at the end of the week is a good idea, at the end of the week.. after doing exercise all week.. You really cant be F*** doing anything else.. so worn out.
Thats why you should really put your small muscles at the END of the week. its not hard to DB curl unless your a pussy or dont get enough sleep.

if you guys dis-agree with me, please have your input.
We are all on here for a reason, to learn.

Concentration curls are good! I use them in my current routine & if im training for reps/size then i would include a dropset, provides a killer pump.

Just thought id share my experience when it comes to biceps.
I tried isolation on my biceps all the time, i would go as heavy as I could for 10-12reps
They would never grow, AT ALL period.
Im also battling low testosterone & a family history of obesity/diabetics.
Tried 3 Different routines in 3weeks, training them 1-3times a week.. no results
Its not my diet, because my legs grow fine.. and my strength keeps on going up.
My legs were growing, but everything was staying the same.. which pissed me off.

Started hitting back harder (pulls/rows) and now have grown heaps since then, same as my lats. I have to admit, since starting doing back workout.. my whole body has changed. Back is probably the key, considering its the 2nd largest muscle after legs.

I would agree 110% with dadawg, work on your compound movements.. that's where its at.
Push, Pull, Legs was made for a reason.
Work on your compound movements, rest, eat, sleep, and patients!!

If you still cant grow from doing compound movements, you either aint giving it enough patients, diet sucks, low testosterone, overtraining, not training hard enough.. could be lots of reasons.

I also thinking including a bicep/tricep day at the end of the week is a good idea, at the end of the week.. after doing exercise all week.. You really cant be F*** doing anything else.. so worn out.
Thats why you should really put your small muscles at the END of the week. its not hard to DB curl unless your a pussy or dont get enough sleep.

if you guys dis-agree with me, please have your input.
We are all on here for a reason, to learn.
bro no disrespect to you but the op is banned as per the dawg

Haha, no worries man.. just thought i should post up this because it might help others if they are lacking on biceps.
I bet people will read this and be like *bullshit*.. but its the truth.. just tryin help.

Back