Cheating strategy - what do you do?

Do you make allowances for your cheating?

• Cheating? Never. Im a machine.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Yeah, I skip maybe one or two meals here and there to allow for it.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Yeah, I downsize other meals to allow for my caloric binge.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • No, I stick to my daily diet and just indulge in that wondrous cheat meal.

Votes: 42 58.3%

• Total voters
Gymmy said:
sometimes i get 2 or 3 on the weekends. Lately i just get as much crap as i can (taco bell, mcdonalds, plus some ice cream) and get one 3000 cal cheat meal once a wk. But does drinking count as a cheat meal or can i drink, eat fast food that night, then eat my cheat meal later.

fast food then a cheat meal? they are the same.

every sunday for me.

i would wake up eat 5 eggs with cheese then some waffles and pancakes with syrup. Then i would prob hit up a buffet for lunch. For dinner i would hitup outback and go to town. Mabey some drive through i would hit up for another meal.
Oh yeah protien shakes in between.

mister69 said:
every sunday for me.

i would wake up eat 5 eggs with cheese then some waffles and pancakes with syrup. Then i would prob hit up a buffet for lunch. For dinner i would hitup outback and go to town. Mabey some drive through i would hit up for another meal.
Oh yeah protien shakes in between.
That's not cheating that is just a typical bulking diet-I usually consider cheating is when I eat junk food or sweets. When buffet restaurants see me coming they lock the doors.

In muscular development ronnie said he eats outback every day, but then again he also said he ate pizza maybe once in the past yr

Cheat days once a week are good to get your leptin levels back up. There's a good article on it by Lyle McDonald but I'm too lazy to find it.

Basically your body think you're starving after about a week so starts running very efficiently. Of course this makes burning more fat harder and harder. Spiking the levels speeds up fat burning.

Insane_Man said:
Cheat days once a week are good to get your leptin levels back up. There's a good article on it by Lyle McDonald but I'm too lazy to find it.

Basically your body think you're starving after about a week so starts running very efficiently. Of course this makes burning more fat harder and harder. Spiking the levels speeds up fat burning.

This and SANITY are the 2 main reasons for cheat meals.

Gymmy said:
In muscular development ronnie said he eats outback every day, but then again he also said he ate pizza maybe once in the past yr
dont believe everything you read bro. the pros dont want you to know SHIT.

My boyfriend and I have been dieting for 5 weeks now, and have both lost a ton of bodyfat. We both cheat every Saturday, and I think that knowing that cheat day is coming is what keeps both of us sane and dsiciplined during the week. Our rules are that we can cheat all day Saturday as long as we still get 1.8 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight, and that we eat at least 6 meals. We also use discretion keeping in mind that we do not want to blow all of our hard work put in during the week. I am actually surprised how little I want to cheat once Saturday comes.

The biggest dieting advice I can give is plan ahead. Set aside one day to cheat and don't ever cheat on other days. A piece of candy during the week is like a gateway drug, creating the framework for future indiscretions.

I have never dieted down with this much ease before and I am positive it is because my boyfriend and I are in it together and accountable to each other.

I tend to cheat more on a bulk as is it more forgiving - on a cut i tend to have carb ups.

I dont mind cheating on a bulk - at the end of the day you have to live a little and not eat out of tupperware all the time and actually have something you enjoy.

I love food...everything. Chinese, italian, middle eastern, junk, burgers, candy, chocolate fucking everything. I'm currently cutting natty right now and it's VERY hard for me not to eat.

I'll usually have a cheat day on sat or sun, pretty much all day but (while cutting) I'll only eat 2-3 cheat meals and keep the cals down. I'll have a few protein shakes as well.

I try to eat anywhere 10k-15kcals in one day out of the week ...usually on a sunday.
I start early 6am with a huge breakfast and go on from there! Concidering im no big dude I just like to shock my system...

I keep my bf low though around 10% and stay strickt during other 5-6 days out of the week.

gogo4 said:
I try to eat anywhere 10k-15kcals in one day out of the week ...usually on a sunday.
I start early 6am with a huge breakfast and go on from there! Concidering im no big dude I just like to shock my system...

I keep my bf low though around 10% and stay strickt during other 5-6 days out of the week.

Holy shit, that's a lot of cals. It HAS to be pretty much all junk?

outlawtas2 said:
Holy shit, that's a lot of cals. It HAS to be pretty much all junk?

...yeah pretty much all of it or anything that is eatible infront of me its why my family stays away from me on sundays =)

Im the same as outlawtas2 - i like my food - i eat around 4000 clean during the week and then at weekends i up that to around 6000 either saturday or sunday.

Back