Creation or Evolution.

Have most folks here noticed that those that cling to faith generally arent that bright?

Is it just me?

You "cant"? No shit?

I would like to formally appologize to DPR for any disparaging remarks that i have made about spelling, syntax, word usage, grammatical and or puntuation errors in the past.

DPR is a Rhodes scholar when compared to csyflt.

Why does God have an obsession with consentual nonharmful sexual activities? Hence preaching against condom use in sub-Saharan Africa while millions die from AIDS there each year.

Just for the record the ones teaching this in africa are catholic evangelist. I agree with condom use and embryo research for illnesses.

Also about the comment about religion not having a base of beleif. Once again if you read and beleive the bible then that is what you base your beleif off of. So i'm not sure how that comment holds any weight to a true believer.

Since we have all these bible scholars in here will somebody teach us the meaning of the "Sermon on the Mount" and while your at it will you go to Mathew 5 10-12 and read it and tell me how that fits into this whole discussion? Csylft, you are excused from class!

Last edited:
LMAO!!! Very good Cak. ecfmnicikswolmnvc;nc;CN bcikcv,BCKD. OOOOPS!! Sorry I meant to say that since Strega is against the BIBLE he is for gay rights....

Are you idiots about fallacy and fallacious thinking or what?

We dont care about what or how you choose to interpret a book written by men who lived in huts with dirt floors, that wiped their asses with their bare hands.

I am not anti bible. I am against it being considered anything more than a morality tale. Its a book, thats it.

And where on earth have I made mention about gay rights?

For the record so you can wrap your stunted brain around this one too... To me there is no such thing as "gay rights". As US citizens we all have the same rights as provided by the US Constitution and The Bill of Rights and these documents make no mention of specialized gay rights.

Idiots.

Also, Cak, are you saying that your version of Christianity is the right version and that the Catholics got it all wrong? LMAO!

So why do you believe in the bible, but not any other book? You see the faith is in something that is not observable, not concrete. You are believing in a book because you were told to.

You were told to.

I just had an epiphany and decided I'm not going to beleive the bible anymore. Yoga is right, we are stupid to believe a book and religion that billions of folks believe. We christians are in a minority for sure.

Did someone ever get their materials together to teach class on the Sermon on the Mount?

The point about africa because one of the reasons that AIDS is spreading at such an alarming rate there is because the religion of choice to the evangalist their in the tribes ect is catholic. They are teaching there that use of condoms are wrong so they don't use them and continue to spread disease ect.

To answer you question about "my version". My version consist of the bible. I am not denominational. If it's in the bible then I believe it. I know that' hard to grasp but i believe my GOD is that amazing. I don't care what you want to call yourself. Hey yoga, you got pics of those mud huts and those guys whiping their asses with bare hands? And video of them while they are writing? Just checkin?

So why do you believe in the bible, but not any other book? You see the faith is in something that is not observable, not concrete. You are believing in a book because you were told to.

You were told to.

There are over 600 prophecies that have bible that have been proven. By the way I was not raised in a church. Didn't go my first time till i was 15 and got involved in a youth group....on my own. I go because I believe it's the right thing to do. I've seen god's work in my life and my family. It doesn't mean just because you attend church your life will be great. It's far from that.

Do you eat protein, carbs, fats in a certain percentage when your dieting? Well guess what I do to but the other day on Yahoo they said that it doens't matter your breakdown, it's all about calories. Which do you beleive? You have to pick one.

There are over 600 prophecies that have bible that have been proven. .

Im not sure by your erratic writing, but I think that you just claimed that there are over 600 prophecies in the bible that have been proven. :laugh: Show me these proven prophecies.

BTW, a prophecy is something that is not claimed after the fact. Just helping you out.

He is talking about prophecies in the old testament becoming true in the new testament. Of course those writing the new testament new of these prophecies could that be a possible reason why they have been enetered in the new testament.

biblewarning5hl.jpg

You guys just keep studying, maybe you will be drawn to love the Lord. Never know the ole book may change your life.

I love science and thankful for it and I love the lord. Thankfully I'm a happy guy and enjoying both of the greatest things available. Some have only half, and the other half is free without suffering. Somebody already did the suffering for us!

Last edited:
I know more about that book than you ever will. I dont have a need to study a book that I was indoctrinated in from 3rd to 9th grade by way of snobish southern baptist schooling any further.

Go back to waving your white flag as you answer nothing.

Your faith is a convenient copout.

I know more about that book than you ever will. I dont have a need to study a book that I was indoctrinated in from 3rd to 9th grade by way of snobish southern baptist schooling any further.

Go back to waving your white flag as you answer nothing.

Your faith is a convenient copout.

Hey bro, if you were forced to read the book and you rebelled against it because you didn't have the knowledge to understand it then that's fine but taking it out on the rest of us is not the way to handle it.

I could sit here all night and discuss the bible with you and you still would believe what you want to believe. I am not apologizing to you or anybody else for my beliefs.

If you know so much then for the third time I ask you to explain the "Sermon on the Mount" and Mathew 5 10-12? Please educate us on this passage from the bible and tell me what it means to you?

LMAO!!! Very good Cak. ecfmnicikswolmnvc;nc;CN bcikcv,BCKD. OOOOPS!! Sorry I meant to say that since Strega is against the BIBLE he is for gay rights....

...defending your argument with homophobia, you're right cak, you guys are trying to have an educated discussion.

Strega, we've had our arguments about things, but I gotta give you props for keeping up this discussion, I had to leave and smash my head into a wall a while ago.

Back