DaHurt's First Cycle

Feb 8 (Day 32)

Delts/Traps

DB Shoulder Press - felt like I could've done more weight but didn't have my training partner (and I didn't want to kick anything heavier up onto my shoulders in a seated position)
15x40w/u, 12x80, 12x80, 10x80
Side Lateral Raise
12x25, 12x30, 10x35
Face Pulls
3x12x100
Rear DB Fly
12x25, 12x30, 8x40
Lateral Raise Machine FST-7
7x10-12x90
DB Shrug
20x95, 15x110, 12x120, 12x120 (highest our DBs go, unfortunately)
BB Shrug
20x225, 12x315, 10x405, 10x405 -> 10x315 ->10x225 ->10x135

Okay thanks to tnemo I think I finally know how to embed my video haha...this is just my last set of deads on Tuesday. I decided to record to check my form...I think it looks pretty good but definitely welcome any feedback! And yes I'm using straps like a little biatch - 365 kept slipping on my set before (my hands get really sweaty)...so I'm thinking about using chalk.

form looks good...i also have to use straps anytime i get up over 400. i think i need to get padded ones because they are starting to tear my wrists apart.

form looks good...i also have to use straps anytime i get up over 400. i think i need to get padded ones because they are starting to tear my wrists apart.

Yeah man I basically have permanent red marks around my wrists...I should prob invest in some better straps...I just use a free set that came with some supps I ordered haha.

My dad has those 40dollar ones, that are leather and real thick on the wrist. They're good, but I honestly prefer the cheap ones.....old school.

yeah I almost feel like I might get too 'spoiled' having really nice straps...if I keep them cheap and rather uncomfortable, I'll be less compelled to use them all the time

honestly i think i probably could have gotten a few more - but it was the first day doing deads in a few weeks so I didn't want to over- do it (which I tend to do with deads)

Did a little vid of my last set of squats today. I got 405 for 6 reps, then 450 for 3, then dropped back down and did 405 for 3. I tried to record the set with 450 but forgot to turn the damn camera on, so I got the 3x405 set. I wish I'd put the camera back further so I could see my whole body, oh well.

Yeah well when you grow as fast as I have, all of your shirts fit that way.

:uzi:

I wear suits minus the tie to work so it's been about a year since I had to put one on. I went to an interview Monday and I had to apologize for not wearing a tie because I couldn't button the top button of any of my dress shirts! It ended up being ok because the CFO was an older guy who recently worked his butt of losing 30#. He had a good laugh at my situation and we hit it off great.

Back