DaHurt's First Cycle

Feb 10 (Day 34)

Got a pretty good arm workout in - hit it fast and hard and got out. My training partner is pushing me really hard in this area because I definitely need to improve my biceps. I have been a stickler for form on all of my curls, but the last couple arm sessions have involved really heavy barbell curls with slight cheating, and I have to say I've experienced much more soreness from these.

FINALLY got my insulin syringes so I resumed my IGF-DES protocol, injecting 100-mcg bilat in my biceps pre-workout.

After training I showered and went straight to a deep tissue massage. She worked on my legs this time and HOLY SHIT it hurt. I didn't realize how tender my outer quads were until she started working on them. By the end of the massage they felt amazing though. Definitely a fan of deep-tissue work, wish I'd started earlier!

I'm going to pick up the GH releasing peptide protocol over the weekend and hopefully there won't be any more delays...I'll probably go ahead and order more pins now just to be safe. I'll start the LR3 on Monday.

Arms

BB curl
12x95 w/u, 10x115, 10x115, 8x135
Close-Grip Bench
12x135w/u, 12x205, 10x255, 8x255, 7x255 -> 6x205 -> 8x135
Spider DB Curls
12x25w/u, 10x35, 10x35, 10x30
Overhead Single DB Tricep Extension
12x35, 6x45, 10x35
Standing Hammer Curls
10x60 -> 10x30
10x60 -> 10x50 -> 8x40 -> 8x30 (this hurt!)

Two days of rest ahead of me and I'm looking forward to it. It's our anniversary this weekend (6 years!) so I'll definitely be taking it easy. I think we're going to do a spa day Saturday so I should be feeling pretty damn good on Monday.

keep up the good work bro pretty impressive bb curls i havent even given 135 a shot , gonna have 2 give it a shot on arm day and see how it goes lol

How far apart are you spacing your hands on the close grip bench? That's some nice poundage you're putting up!

Hitting legs today, watched your vids for inspiration!

keep up the good work bro pretty impressive bb curls i havent even given 135 a shot , gonna have 2 give it a shot on arm day and see how it goes lol

Yeah man I had never used that much weight either, but my partner was like 'just trust me' haha.

Surprisingly I got about 4 clean reps and then cheated some to get the final 4...but my biceps were fried! They are still sore today...which is something I haven't experienced in a while.

How far apart are you spacing your hands on the close grip bench? That's some nice poundage you're putting up!

Hitting legs today, watched your vids for inspiration!

Probably about 6 inches apart, maybe 8. I have really strong triceps because they used to be the only arm muscle I trained - my coach would yell at us if we did curls LOL.

So now I'm playing catch-up...which is also why I did one more bicep exercise than tricep - even tho tri's are the larger group.

Yeah man I had never used that much weight either, but my partner was like 'just trust me' haha.

Surprisingly I got about 4 clean reps and then cheated some to get the final 4...but my biceps were fried! They are still sore today...which is something I haven't experienced in a while.

sounds like you got yourself a good training buddy. its hard for me to get my biceps sore now a days too i like to wake up and my arms to feel bruised so im gonna have to go a little harder myself lol...

i can hit close grip press at 275 clean for 8 reps and im off cycle and my biceps are pretty legit but 135 has yet to be tried ill get back too ya on that one lol

Thx bud - hopefully the strength stays when I drop the dbol!

me to brother,back before my shoulder surgery,i was close grip benching 335 for sets of 8,then sometimes i would pyramid them to an 8,6,4,2 i would start with 275x8,295x6,315x4 and 325x2 and man my triceps got strong as fuck,but that was a year ago lol,im still working my way back to where i was lol

When I stopped the Dbol I lost only a little strength but then gained it back when the Deca kicked in. I did lose about 4 pounds in weight though, hopefully it was all water weight b/c I look more firm.

Feb 10 (Day 34)

Got a pretty good arm workout in - hit it fast and hard and got out. My training partner is pushing me really hard in this area because I definitely need to improve my biceps. I have been a stickler for form on all of my curls, but the last couple arm sessions have involved really heavy barbell curls with slight cheating, and I have to say I've experienced much more soreness from these.

FINALLY got my insulin syringes so I resumed my IGF-DES protocol, injecting 100-mcg bilat in my biceps pre-workout.

After training I showered and went straight to a deep tissue massage. She worked on my legs this time and HOLY SHIT it hurt. I didn't realize how tender my outer quads were until she started working on them. By the end of the massage they felt amazing though. Definitely a fan of deep-tissue work, wish I'd started earlier!

I'm going to pick up the GH releasing peptide protocol over the weekend and hopefully there won't be any more delays...I'll probably go ahead and order more pins now just to be safe. I'll start the LR3 on Monday.

Arms

BB curl
12x95 w/u, 10x115, 10x115, 8x135
Close-Grip Bench
12x135w/u, 12x205, 10x255, 8x255, 7x255 -> 6x205 -> 8x135
Spider DB Curls
12x25w/u, 10x35, 10x35, 10x30
Overhead Single DB Tricep Extension
12x35, 6x45, 10x35
Standing Hammer Curls
10x60 -> 10x30
10x60 -> 10x50 -> 8x40 -> 8x30 (this hurt!)

Two days of rest ahead of me and I'm looking forward to it. It's our anniversary this weekend (6 years!) so I'll definitely be taking it easy. I think we're going to do a spa day Saturday so I should be feeling pretty damn good on Monday.

Definitely appears like your getting stronger all around. Good work on listening to your training partner. I always trust my partner. If he says keep going or go more I just do it and let him get me through it.

I start my second week of test tomorrow, so I am anxious to see this stuff start kicking in. From what I have read it starts about week 3.

You were checking him out!

He was kinda cute.....

Dahurt, nice job on the curls bro. Just be safe man....I know it feels good to go heavy on curls but always scares me. After my injury I just prefer to get a good pump in the arms and leave the heavy weights for the compounds, but then again, prob will change when I hit week 5 of this cycle, lol.

Definitely appears like your getting stronger all around. Good work on listening to your training partner. I always trust my partner. If he says keep going or go more I just do it and let him get me through it.

I start my second week of test tomorrow, so I am anxious to see this stuff start kicking in. From what I have read it starts about week 3.

It tends to vary, but I think most don't feel the strength gains until week 4 or 5. I started to notice oilier skin and increased libido in week 3.

He was kinda cute.....

Dahurt, nice job on the curls bro. Just be safe man....I know it feels good to go heavy on curls but always scares me. After my injury I just prefer to get a good pump in the arms and leave the heavy weights for the compounds, but then again, prob will change when I hit week 5 of this cycle, lol.

Thx bro - yeah I'm a pretty big stickler for form, but going heavy on curls was definitely a good shock to the muscle. I probably won't do that every workout. I just finished week 5 and I definitely feel like I want to lift all the weight in the gym LOL.

Damn pics and vids, thorough overview of his workouts, diet and cycle?

Best Log on ology :yesway:

Looking good man.

Thx man...I try to make it somewhat interesting! I also know that one day I'll want to look back at my first cycle, and it will be cool to follow it step-by-step.

It should. Squats looked good to me btw. I always did mine barefoot too. You're getting brolic man wish we lived in the same area so we could train together. Keep up the intensity.

Back