DaHurt's First Cycle

Feb 20

So I officially am done with the dbol. I ended up dosing it for 6 weeks and I'm glad I did. I went 3 weeks at 40mg/day and then 3 weeks at 45mg/day. I suspect I'll be losing some water in the next week so weight gain may be minimal - but I'm okay with that.

I've been enjoying some great pumps in the gym from IGF-DES and the hunger I'm feeling from GHRP6 has not lessened at all with time - I highly recommend it for those on a bulk.

Just to remind everyone, my current peptide protocol is:

GHRP6 300 mcg/day
Mod GRF 1-29 300 mcg/day
IGF-DES 100 mcg pre-workout bilat
IGF-LR3 50 mcg post-workout subQ

Every once in a while I like to evaluate my form on all of my lifts to make sure I'm not drifting away from solid mechanics - so I did this for chest and my pecs are extremely sore which indicates to me I was likely using my front delts too much in the past.

The workout was a little different as I was pressed for time, so rest was kept at 30-40 sec and I focused more on the form and contraction.

Chest

Incline DB Press (at 60 degrees)
15x70, 12x100, 10x110, 5x120, 8x100
Flat BB Press
4x8-10x225
Reverse Grip Flat BB Press
12x135, 3x10x185
Cable Fly (FST-7)
7x8-12x80

What's up brother...gald to see you're making progress. youlook good in your avi.

Hey, one thing I noticed about your program is that your using the IGF-1 LR3 post-workout. This is a BAD idea. You do NOt want to use any form of IGF-1 post-workout because it will stunt the growth & recovery process.

During the training process, the muscles undergo trauma/stress and it is this stress which triggers the production of MGF in the muscles which were worked. The 1st variant of MGF is produced for a few hours post-training, after which a 2nd form of MGF is produced for roughly the next 24 hours. The work that MGF does is critical to the growth & recovery process.

However, both MGF and IGF-1 attach to the same receptor site (the IGF-1 receptor), but because IGF-1 has a stronger binding affinity to the IGF-1 receptor than MGF, the proliferation process will be cut short (or prevented alltogether) through the subsequent administration of IGF-1. IGF-1 LR3 is particulary bad post-workout, as it will stay active for about 24 hours, almost completely short-circuiting MGF's ability to do its job. For this reason, you do not want to administer any form of IGF-1 for the first 24 hours after a workout.

Now, here is where it can get confusing, but its still relatively simple to understand. If you chose to use both PEG-MGF & IGF-1 LT3 in combination, all the above rules go out the window. Why? Because if you're using exogenous MGF, you do not have to rely on the body's endogenous MGF production.

If you choose to follow the traditional manner of administering PEG-MGF & IGF-1 LR3, then you would take PEG-MGF post-workout, followed by IGF-1 LR3 the next day. This would allow for the processes of proliferation (MGF) and differentiation (IGF-1) to take place in the proper order. The process of proliferation "must" take place first, or else differentiation cannot occur, as there will not be any stem cells to turn into msucle cells.

Now, just because the body normally produces MGF for the first 24 hours after a workout, which is then followed by the process of differentiation, it does not mean we must continue to follow this pattern. Yes, proliferation must occur first, but there is no reason we have to limit the proliferation process to just 24 hours.

A new proposal suggests (which I agree with) that we can greatly extend the proliferation process, which is then followed by a extensive period of differentiation. The longer the proloferation process goes on for, the more stem cells there will be available to become muscle cells. Under normal circumstances, the body is never producing stem cells post-workout for longer than about 24 hours, but it has been shown in the lab that we can artificially continue the process of proliferation for months at a time, in essence stock-piling stem cells for potetial hyperplasia. At the end of this proliferation period, we would have many, many, many times more stem cells available for differentiation than what we would normally have, at which point we could use IGF-1 LR3 in order to turn that massive amount of stem cells into muscle cells. These newly formed muscle cells (hyperplasia) would have the same hypertrophy potential of any other muscle cell.

I am not going to get into how to contruct a program which allows for this process to occur, as I have it posted elsewhere (I can direct it to you if you would like)...but there is no doubt that in your circumstances, adminstering IGF-1 LR3 right after your workout is the WRONG thing to do.

Last edited:
What's up brother...gald to see you're making progress. youlook good in your avi.

Hey, one thing I noticed about your program is that your using the IGF-1 LR3 post-workout. This is a BAD idea. You do NOt want to use any form of IGF-1 post-workout because it will stunt the growth & recovery process.

During the training process, the muscles undergo trauma/stress and it is this stress which triggers the production of MGF in the muscles which were worked. The 1st variant of MGF is produced for a few hours post-training, after which a 2nd form of MGF is produced for roughly the next 24 hours. The work that MGF does is critical to the growth & recovery process.

However, both MGF and IGF-1 attach to the same receptor site (the IGF-1 receptor), but because IGF-1 has a stronger binding affinity to the IGF-1 receptor than MGF, the proliferation process will be cut short (or prevented alltogether) through the subsequent administration of IGF-1. IGF-1 LR3 is particulary bad post-workout, as it will stay active for about 24 hours, almost completely short-circuiting MGF's ability to do its job. For this reason, you do not want to administer any form of IGF-1 for the first 24 hours after a workout.

Now, here is where it can get confusing, but its still relatively simple to understand. If you chose to use both PEG-MGF & IGF-1 LT3 in combination, all the above rules go out the window. Why? Because if you're using exogenous MGF, you do not have to rely on the body's endogenous MGF production.

If you choose to follow the traditional manner of administering PEG-MGF & IGF-1 LR3, then you would take PEG-MGF post-workout, followed by IGF-1 LR3 the next day. This would allow for the processes of proliferation (MGF) and differentiation (IGF-1) to take place in the proper order. The process of proliferation "must" take place first, or else differentiation cannot occur, as there will not be any stem cells to turn into msucle cells.

Now, just because the body normally produces MGF for the first 24 hours after a workout, which is then followed by the process of differentiation, it does not mean we must continue to follow this pattern. Yes, proliferation must occur first, but there is no reason we have to limit the proliferation process to just 24 hours.

A new proposal suggests (which I agree with) that we can greatly extend the proliferation process, which is then followed by a extensive period of differentiation. The longer the proloferation process goes on for, the more stem cells there will be available to become muscle cells. Under normal circumstances, the body is never producing stem cells post-workout for longer than about 24 hours, but it has been shown in the lab that we can artificially continue the process of proliferation for months at a time, in essence stock-piling stem cells for potetial hyperplasia. At the end of this proliferation period, we would have many, many, many times more stem cells available for differentiation than what we would normally have, at which point we could use IGF-1 LR3 in order to turn that massive amount of stem cells into muscle cells. These newly formed muscle cells (hyperplasia) would have the same hypertrophy potential of any other muscle cell.

I am not going to get into how to contruct a program which allows for this process to occur, as I have it posted elsewhere (I can direct it to you if you would like)...but there is no doubt that in your circumstances, adminstering IGF-1 LR3 right after your workout is the WRONG thing to do.

Appreciate the input Mike. It'd be great if you could provide references. I'm very interested in them as I'm currently completing a PhD in physiology and a good bit of my research is on the endocrine growth axis so I'm fairly well-versed in the literature...and I'd like to see these particular references.

Okay folks, I have some bad news. Today while doing deads I felt a 'pop' in my left hamstring and immediately dropped the weight. The muscle was balled up under my glute. I was able to stretch it back out and can walk with only a little soreness now. It doesn't hurt to curl my leg...only to stretch the hamstring...so I'm hoping that I haven't done anything major.

I'll update when I know a little more.

Okay folks, I have some bad news. Today while doing deads I felt a 'pop' in my left hamstring and immediately dropped the weight. The muscle was balled up under my glute. I was able to stretch it back out and can walk with only a little soreness now. It doesn't hurt to curl my leg...only to stretch the hamstring...so I'm hoping that I haven't done anything major.

You pulled it bro, just rest it for a while and take it easy on legs for a week.

If you tore it, it would be colored right away and you wouldn't be able to walk. I speak from experience.

We cant let this set you back man you are a full throttle train going straight ahead with no sight on slowing down. Go get that bad boy rubbed on and massaged! No is not awnser!

You pulled it bro, just rest it for a while and take it easy on legs for a week.

If you tore it, it would be colored right away and you wouldn't be able to walk. I speak from experience.

Man, you don't know how good it feels to hear this! :bigok:

We cant let this set you back man you are a full throttle train going straight ahead with no sight on slowing down. Go get that bad boy rubbed on and massaged! No is not awnser!

I know man! I have a massage this Friday and I'm icing it tonight.

You wont be reppin 405 for a bit, but you'll be fine. :dance2:

Yeah after some research it definitely is just a stage 1 pull...so i will be doing the tried and true RICE protocol along with massage this week.

I wonder if it will affect my squatting? Guess I should just take it easy on them too.

Hey bro

Looks like you've made some major gins in size! Nice work. Take it easy on the hammie and when u do start to work it again, us some muscle rub or Ben gay. If u believe in this shit the Chinese herbalists have some really good stinky plasters that I've had good Lu k with on pulls and strains. Lmk if u need a source.

Btw taper is really starting to grow!

No bruising/discoloration..hurts to extend the leg and it hurts pretty bad to squat parallel. Yeah I'm just going to do the RICE thing for a week and re-evaluate.

Just a quick update. The hamstring is still pretty painful to stretch out and it hurts to apply pressure to it. Still no bruising/discoloration. Got in a decent shoulder/trap workout yesterday - went up to 205 for 8 reps on Military Press - which made me kind of happy. Still not sure what I should do today since it's leg day. I think if nothing else I'll go in and yell at my training partner haha...but I may try to do some light rehab exercises...maybe see how light leg curls feel. Because it is important that the muscle be worked to heal correctly.

Back