Fender's Log

Wed. 9-13-06

Chest/Tris

Started real light for warmups and my shoulder felt pretty good until inclines. Did it all with DBs.

DB flat bench
25X10X1
45X10X1
55X10X1
75X10X1
95X10X2

Incline (these hurt a little put didn't stop me)
40X10X1
55X10X1
65X10X1

Standing Cable Flyes
70X10X1
80X10X2

Tricep cable pressdowns
w/rope
100X10X2

w/45 degree bar
100X10X2

w/flat bar
100X10X2

Side lat raises
25X10X3

Front lat raises
25X10X3

Finished up with 20 minutes of elliptical.

dips/inclines are both major shoulder fuckers...most people would complain about them...but some don't. i duno..maybe it's getting used to it I suppose...what do you think?

Fender said:
Incline (these hurt a little put didn't stop me)
40X10X1
55X10X1
65X10X1
good job on sticking with it buddy

terminator_10.jpg

Just a quick update...I had orthoscopic surgery about a month ago to repair a slightly torn rotator cuff and have been taking it easy obviously. Physical therapy twice a week and I've been trying to ride my stationary bike but alas....I am going to pot. I have lost weight and swear I am losing inches around my waist because I can go to the first (or last) loop on my belt but I look horrible in the mirror.
I am ready to start back in the gym...well actually Tues I did a simple leg routine and 45 minutes of cardio, but it's time to get back into it. I need to get the diet dialed in again...I've been eating nothing but crap for the last month.

Toodles for now,
Fender

OK...after cardio I did a light chest routine....all with DBs. Started with 25's and incremented by 10 until a couple of working sets at 75lbs. Felt good...no pain at all. I then jumped on 45's for incline bench and that hurt a bit. I dropped down to 25's and when that still hurt I called it quits on the inclines. Tricep pressdowns and cable flyes didn't bother me either. It still hurts a bit today so I quess I will have to stay away from any incline/overhead presses.

Fender said:
OK...after cardio I did a light chest routine....all with DBs. Started with 25's and incremented by 10 until a couple of working sets at 75lbs. Felt good...no pain at all. I then jumped on 45's for incline bench and that hurt a bit. I dropped down to 25's and when that still hurt I called it quits on the inclines. Tricep pressdowns and cable flyes didn't bother me either. It still hurts a bit today so I quess I will have to stay away from any incline/overhead presses.

nice progress. Take it slow.

tman55 said:
nice progress. Take it slow.
Thanks Tman. I'm going to concentrate on cardio and diet mostly for a while. My chlolesterol and BP is high for whatever reason....my doc and I don't get it. I'm going to work on getting healthy before I work on pushing bigger #'s. Once I lose some weight and get those things under control it's back to lifting as heavy as I can.

Fender said:
Thanks Tman. I'm going to concentrate on cardio and diet mostly for a while. My chlolesterol and BP is high for whatever reason....my doc and I don't get it. I'm going to work on getting healthy before I work on pushing bigger #'s. Once I lose some weight and get those things under control it's back to lifting as heavy as I can.

good idea. Too many of us care more about strength and size than we do our health. I don't know what it is about this game, but somehow we really become obsessed with it.

I can't believe this log is still on the first page! Anyways, I've been hitting the gym fairly religiously...took this week off because it's kind of a fucked up week. I am going to see a nutritionist on Dec. 6th and going to get a full body comp test done and she will even determine my metabolism. Looking forward to that. My diet is the worst part of the big 3 things it takes to be in shape..
1) Exercise
2) Diet
3) Sleep.

I also was recommended a book about weight loss if anyone is interested. It's called "Ultra Metabolism" by Mark Hyman and although I am only a few chapters in it has some great info.

Finally....
After getting an MRI I have been diagnosed with a bone spur in my shoulder that is rubbing my rotator cuff. I am meeting a surgeon on Jan 4th to schedule surgery. I want this shit fixed.
I have been out of the gym for about a month and it feels ok. Good thing is that I can train and it's not as though I am injuring myself per se...I just have discomfort. I literally can workout through the pain but I am sick of it.

Thanks Winter...it shouldn't be a problem. It will be done orthoscopically so minimal incision. They just knock the spur down so it's not like getting cut open or waiting for bones to mend.

Back