First bloods on TRT - e2 super high!

BigStu81

Hey guys,

Just had the results from my first blood test since starting TRT on June 11th. My estradiol is 331 pmol/L (90pg/ml) with upper limit of reference range at 192 pmol/L.

Just called my private doc to be told he's on holiday all this week and back next Mon. Hoping you guys can put my mind at ease - I really don't want to get gyno.

I'm not currently on an AI as my doc usually prescribes only if e2 is high.

I was ill in bed the day before the test and only applied my gel at about 5-6pm when I finally dragged myself into the shower - normally apply at 7:45am! I only applied four pumps instead of six as I didn't want to 'double dose' before the blood test, but I still had a much smaller gap than normal before my next six pumps at 7:45 am (blood test was at 11am).

Is it possible that I accidentally spiked my T levels and some of it converted to e2, or would this take longer to happen? Otherwise, it may just be that the gel is absorbing too well or my natural production is still blazing away.

Some other info:

- I'm 35yo and about 20-25% body fat.
- On six pumps of Tostran a day.
- Levels before TRT were 9nmol/L and 10.7 nmol/L.
- No nipple tenderness etc (my chest has actually got visibly bigger/leaner since I started training again a month back - think it must be muscle memory as I've grown surprisingly all over, arms, shoulders, etc).
- I didn't get a testosterone reading this time, which I thought was normal practice when starting TRT. Either my GP didn't pass all my private doc's instructions to the nurse or my private doc wasn't concerned about gels pushing my levels too high (or maybe the result isn't in yet). This means I can't see if the problem is super-absorption like the guy who reported 45nmol/L on the same dose as me (I do have really sensitive skin).

Transdermals just aromatize more. Add to this fact that you're a little overweight, and estradiol will be elevated.

What was your total test at last time? Have you thought about injections? I ask as you may be able to skip the additional money nonsense that comes with gels and creams if you're interested.

I'd get some private blood work going. It's 60 bucks and puts YOU in charge.

My .02c :)

Transdermals just aromatize more. Add to this fact that you're a little overweight, and estradiol will be elevated.

What was your total test at last time? Have you thought about injections? I ask as you may be able to skip the additional money nonsense that comes with gels and creams if you're interested.

I'd get some private blood work going. It's 60 bucks and puts YOU in charge.

My .02c :)

This is as solid as it gets, covers all aspects and is spot on man! Pony up for some blood work on your own and take it from there man!

Hey guys,

It's definitely estradiol.

I've got very sensitive skin so maybe I'm absorbing the gel too well - I read a post from another guy who was getting consistent test readings of 45nmol on my dose and was still well into the 30s when dropping to four pumps.

Returning to the gym my muscle has come back surprisingly fast (although could be from prior training/muscle memory) and I'm pretty sure my hairline has slightly receded in the past six weeks, so maybe it's pushing my test levels higher than anticipated. The only other posts I've seen with estradiol this high were a 52yo guy and a few other guys on cycles.

Last edited:
Meant to say....I'm with a private TRT doc but my bloods are done by my GP.

My private doc is off this week which sucks. Would it help to start taking a high dose of zinc in the meantime? I'm scared of starting to get gyno if my e2 is so high and has maybe been from the start - although my private doc did do a full blood count and said it was all fine when I started in mid June.

Last edited:
Bought a load of zinc on the way home. Thinking I could dose myself up on that for the next week until my doc gets back....?

What do you mean by a high dose of zinc? I mean thats kind of like putting a band aid on an amputated arm bro. Thats really high and I dont think zinc in any prudent HEALTHY amount will do much man.

Zinc is supposed to be a pretty potent AI I thought. Some people on TRT use it solely for that purpose and supplement extra copper to balance it out.

Shippen and Crisler have mentioned it before as being a potent aromatase inhibitor. I figured that I'd be unlikely to experience serious copper deficiency over a week's use, so it might be a firefighting method for the next week until my doc gets back and can check my readings/prescribe an AI if necessary.

I am keen to hear feedback though as I accept that it could also be a pretty bad idea!

EDIT: second link is Elite Fitness but seems to have been starred out (maybe I posted it wrong).

Zinc as an anti-aromatase? | All Things Male Forum

http://www.*****************/forum/...matase-inhibitor-must-read!!-203062.html[/url

Last edited:
It only works as an AI if your deficient in zinc to begin with.

Gotta take copper with zinc. 1/25 ratio is usually about right.

Ok, cheers man.

It just seems a ridiculously high estradiol level from a moderate dose of gel. The other people I came across with similar levels were on 750mg a week cycles.

You could try it and if your zinc is low that may be why. Just know most of the time zinc is low in people with extremely poor diet and exercise routine. So if thats you maybe.

If its not you need anastrozole ASAP.

Well, I track my macros and get enough protein etc. Also lift 3x a week and take a multi and omega 3. But I'm defo carrying a bit much weight - I'm not super fat though, more rugby player build. I struggled to keep the weight off although I could always build muscle ok. But since starting TRT the fat seems to be melting off.

Assuming that it's not a big problem if I have to wait for my doc's return in a week? I've got no gyno symptoms, just high estradiol. He's already said he'd prescribe an AI if necessary.

Back