First bloods on TRT - e2 super high!

Assuming that it's not a big problem if I have to wait for my doc's return in a week? I've got no gyno symptoms, just high estradiol. He's already said he'd prescribe an AI if necessary.

Usually your nipples will begin to itch and become sore before any lumps form. Gynecomastia does take some time to form from the dose of testosterone you're on - even if you are indeed aromatizing like crazy. If you're seeing those sides, I'd at the very least grab a private blood test and KNOW before treating it.

The easiest way to tell is by bodyweight, for me at least. TRT has stabilized my weight so if im 3-4 pounds heavy then i know im bloated and carrying around extra water. So I take a tad bit more. Id try to get some Liquidex from a research chem company like board sponsor RUI. Its the best way to control E2 on TRT, you dont have to worry about splitting pills and you can dose it to symptoms once you get to knowing what your symptoms are. For me the main one is bloating, then nipple sensitivity and ball volume. I've had my bottle of liquidex for 7 months now and i havent even used a 1/4 of it. Just remember to shake well before use.

Wondering if it'd be wise to cut back my dose a bit until my doc returns on Monday - 3-4 pumps instead of six.

It might help if I'm aromatising the excess. But on the other hand my test may also be way out of range, like the guy who was at 45 nmol on the same dose of gel, so it may actually create a worse ratio. I don't know.

I can't tell if my nipples are more sensitive than usual, especially as I've been prodding them dead on to try and feel for anything. Besides, I know increased sensitivity can also be another general symptom of TRT and not related to gyno. Presuming I'd know if I had it. Or does it slowly creep?

Wondering if it'd be wise to cut back my dose a bit until my doc returns on Monday - 3-4 pumps instead of six.

It might help if I'm aromatising the excess. But on the other hand my test may also be way out of range, like the guy who was at 45 nmol on the same dose of gel, so it may actually create a worse ratio. I don't know.

I can't tell if my nipples are more sensitive than usual, especially as I've been prodding them dead on to try and feel for anything. Besides, I know increased sensitivity can also be another general symptom of TRT and not related to gyno. Presuming I'd know if I had it. Or does it slowly creep?

45nmol/L is close to 1300ng/dL, which isn't some crazy number. I've already told you what to do, but you keep skipping over it. Test = knowing. Otherwise, you're just guessing.

I agree a test is the way to go. However, I'm thinking it'll be easier to wait till Monday when my private doc gets back. All he has to do is notify my GP then I can pop in on my lunch break or after work and get my bloods done for free on the NHS.

Otherwise I've gotta find somewhere private, take time off work (started new job on Monday so not good) and then pay for it. I figured it's unlikely I'd even get the results back before Monday when my doc returns. I'm more talking about what to do in the meantime.

Zinc is supposed to be a pretty potent AI I thought. Some people on TRT use it solely for that purpose and supplement extra copper to balance it out.
when slightly elevated as a way to avoid using an AI yes. but super high im not sure it would do much. mind you i would take it in the mean time while figuring it out, but dont mega dose it either.
get more bloods, start an ai and get more bloods. it could take you a year to fully dial in the protocal right for you in trt.

I thought 45nmol was 50% over the top end of natural range and close to cycle levels - which I'm assuming is bad without an AI. But I don't profess to be very knowledgable on the subject.

The 45nmol was just an example. When I asked on UK muscle, one or the posters was saying that I shouldn't immediately jump on an AI without finding my test first because my test could be so out of range too that it would still balance out the high estradiol.

He gave the example of some people who are on 750mg of test a week (and no AI) without gyno symptoms and said that their e2 (like their test) was likely several times over the range.

avoid touching them too much, will only make it worse IMO. dont stimulate them.

In the whole scheme of things, a week without an AI at these levels isn't that bad is it?

I was freaking out a bit on Mon when I got my results and found out my private doc was away for a whole week. Especially as my e2 level may have been this high since I started mid June.

BigStu - The guys you're back and forth with here will lead you to the promise land my friend. I'd take their advice and rock out some labs. I mean ZERO offense by this but it sounds like you're just waiting for the answer you want to hear. Also, I'd ask your doc for copies of your last labs done pre-TRT so YOU have them and use as a baseline for future tests. That will enable you to take an active role in your therapy.

Personally, I have a GP, and use a TRT clinic and - at less than $60 a pop, i run my own private blood work regularly. Knowledge is power man, I would hate to fly blind with my hormones. Having your labs can really help get you the best advice on this forum too. Good luck to you bro.

Cheers Milton,

Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything rash. In the absence of my doctor I just wanted to take the best course of action in the meantime.

If, for example, it was 90% likely that I was aromatising so much due to my test level being sky high (maybe through abnormally high absorption) then I would've considered lowering my dose for a few days. But I'm not going to do anything crazy...

Doh! I was reading your sig....

On my phone screen it looked like you had posted it as a post and were warning me against taking unsolicited advice.

Yes mate, haha!

I'm a bit gutted that I haven't been training as much as usual the past couple months due to starting a new job, moving house, and having to research/sort all this. Been training 2x a week rather than 3-4.

Doc wants to half my dose and test bloods in a month. Wonder if I could stay at current dose for 2-3 weeks and then half it? Maybe make the most of it and train hard for a few weeks.

I've got some arimadex/anastrazole on the way as I figured I wanted some on standby. My private doc is going for open heart surgery and will be off for two months, meaning that I'll have to deal with a stand in who he warned me will be very busy - figured if I have some on standby I can act early if I get any soreness or nipple lumps.

Just got a call from my private doc to say my test level is at 80nmol! Having my dose halved...

That's 2300ng/dL, and is what many see at around 500mg/wk. I'm pretty baffled unless you're slathering on the gel like no tomorrow.

At least you know now. :)

I'm baffled too man, but my e2 is sky high as well and I don't have even the slightest nipple soreness. I also didn't put the gel anywhere near my upper arm, just shoulders and was a good few hours between application and testing.

I've read of people hitting 45nmol on the same dose and I have super sensitive skin. I haven't seen much (if any) atrophy of the plums either so perhaps natural production is still firing strong.

It is odd though...

Back