I want strength, but I don't wanna lose my figure.

ArraTonks

I have never used steroids in my life. Yet I think I'm about to start doing so. I'm a varsity olympic weightlifter at my university, and I haven't done more weight since summer 2009. I'm stuck on it, the girls team captain used them and 3 out of 14 girls in the team have, mostly Winstrol and Dianabol, one cycle per year, they see constant progress. But it's evidently they have used them, since they don't do weights nor machine exercises, just barbell exercises which is not enough. I'm 21, 5'5'' tall and I weigh 150 pounds, I don't look fat, is just that I'm black and I have hips, and I'm mostly muscle too.

I take vitamins, I'm on a permanent diet due to gastritis and reflux, I take whey protein. I'm taking right now, Twinlab's amino fuel, and Nitric Fuel and Nutrilite's powdered Protein and I train 4 times a week, due to a tight schedule. I eat red meat like 3 times a month, and I'm lactose intolerant.

I plan on taking anavar but I don't want my coach to find out, i know I can ask him for some seeing he's the one who provides for the rest of the team.

What should I do? Should I start taking anavar? what kinds of strength gain will I see in my snatch, my squats & clean and jerk? I do plan on getting married and having kids, so hope that is possible even if I just do one cycle per year.

I squat 120kgs and I want to do more.

thanks

Welcome !:wavey:

You can squad 125 kgs, you sound pretty strong to me !
Being that you are an Olimpic varsity weightlifter, I would think twice about using any Steroids.
You're very young, and you wouldn't want to jeopardize your carrier, imagine the consequences if you're tested.

I think you should continue to train & continue to get better at your sport.

I'm sure you have a training routine your coach has laid out for you, remember to increase the weight in your training, & eat properly, and trust me you will get stronger.

Good luck to you !

Last edited:
Thanks, I think I already eat properly.

Even though I have never used them, I'm almost at the same level as the girls who have used them. What can I do to amp up my training? my training mostly consists of variations of clean and jerk and snatch, but I barely do other kinds of excercises. My coach has said that training only is not enough to be at a higher competitive level.

This is part of my routine aside from training. Training is 5 days a week.

I mostly run 1 mile 3 times a week that's the only type of cardio I do. And play basketball for fun.

As for strenght, 10 sets of 8 reps of pushups 3 times a week also. 100 abs 5 days a week after each training session. I squat everyday, not to the max but at least 85% of my max, back squats and front squats.

People think my routine is kinda insane, but my body is used to it, and I don't feel as exhausted as I should be, in fact I barely sweat.

What should I add to my training, if it ain't gonna be Anavar?

PS: I really like your signature

What has really vamped up my training without drugs is changing my training. Yes I know we like our routine but change something, speed between sets, do half reps, do slow negatives, changing the time between sets really took me too a whole new level!! The time between sets now for me is much shorter, thus making the workout much more grueling. Try changing something, it works!!! I have never been stronger since I did a little change in my routine.

Your body is USED to your routine, so now you hit the wall. Trust me, squat but change the timing between the sets. Try it.

Thanks, I think I already eat properly.

Even though I have never used them, I'm almost at the same level as the girls who have used them. What can I do to amp up my training? my training mostly consists of variations of clean and jerk and snatch, but I barely do other kinds of excercises. My coach has said that training only is not enough to be at a higher competitive level.

This is part of my routine aside from training. Training is 5 days a week.

I mostly run 1 mile 3 times a week that's the only type of cardio I do. And play basketball for fun.

As for strenght, 10 sets of 8 reps of pushups 3 times a week also. 100 abs 5 days a week after each training session. I squat everyday, not to the max but at least 85% of my max, back squats and front squats.

People think my routine is kinda insane, but my body is used to it, and I don't feel as exhausted as I should be, in fact I barely sweat.

What should I add to my training, if it ain't gonna be Anavar?

PS: I really like your signature

Your doing Squats everyday ? Remember you need to let those muscles rest, your muscles must rest in order to grow and get stronger.
Unless this is your training routine set by your coach... I think you should definitely let your legs/back rest...
I would give Stevemorse's advise a try.. our bodies adapt & we need to challange it in order to see change.

p.s (Thank you about the signature :)

Everyday meaning 5 days a week. Every weightlifter does it, in fact on vacation, to maintain strenght, we can survive by squatting only, even if it's just 3 times a week. It's speed, more technique than strenght. Strenght is just like 30% of it. I can't do bicep curls with more than 30lbs, but I snatch 150lbs...because I'm not used to working other parts of my body, aside from legs, abs and lower back.

I only rest muscles when I spend part of the week working a specific area only. If I do legs, and shoulders on monday. The next day I still can do squats, because my legs have become used to it, but my shoulders still sting by thursday. Same with biceps, triceps and upper back.

I'll take Morse's advice and do the shorter rest period, and the slow negatives...I know they work. I'll post my progress as soon as I start seeing it. Thanks to you both.

After following Morse's advice, I can say that I really feel like I'm getting the most out of my training. I am stronger than I ever was, even if my body is not ripped. My arms shoulders and back look slimmer, but I still need to do some abs to get them ripped too.

I also brought some more supplements. I brought Jack3d and Universal Natual Sterol complex. The Jack3d, gave me an intense rush, and I could train longer, and better. I haven't tried sterol complex, because I don't know if I can take them both before training, I know the Sterol Complex you take it with meals, but you can also take it before workouts.

Before training.

1 scoop of Jack3d in 8oz of water

During training

16oz- 32oz of water

After training

3 tablespoons Twinlab's Amino fuel
65grams of Nutrilite's Protein Powder

Can I add Sterol complex before training? Is it safe to mix with Jack3d?

I added alot of strength naturally while "off" by increasing my protein and training differently.
My protein was 1g per lb of bodyweight on my training days and .5g/lb on my off days.
So if you are 150lbs, then that means 150g of protein a day and it is a bitch and my stomach wasn't my biggest fan but it does help grow and strengthen muscles..

Also my training.. I did big movements like what you are doing but my sets were different.
IE: On my partial deadlifts (I used a cage and a bar) I would do 2-3 "working" sets which consisted of 10-12 reps at a decently heavy weight. Rests were about 3 mins. Then my last set was a heavy set. as heavy as I could go for 4-6 reps. If I was really amped that day I would try for one more heavy set with 3-4 reps.

You may also try adding plyometrics into your cardio routine.. Activating your fast twitch muscles will give you more strength as well..

Best of luck to you! You are on the RIGHT PATH!! Keep up the good work and stay strong!

Supes

you do know that if you diet/train properly you can gain muscle while burning fat.. I don't understand how one could be worried that if you get stronger you will lose your "figure". It will only improve you figure if you do it right

sounds like you are doing a great job man. im glad you decided to stay natural. this game isnt for people as young as you, and not for people competing the way you are....imo. keep up the good work man!

you do know that if you diet/train properly you can gain muscle while burning fat.. I don't understand how one could be worried that if you get stronger you will lose your "figure". It will only improve you figure if you do it right

For a woman, this is false. The stronger I get the more masculine I look. I assume the figure she wants to keep is a feminine one, so it is possible that it can happen. I have to watch how I lift now so I do not become too wide in the shoulders, back, legs...

I know...I can't get out of them, seeing that my coach has made it part of the training. I added the Sterol Complex, and Nitric Fuel before training.

My training also says 200abs, any kind 3 times a week, most of my teammates, and me, kind of ignore the fact that we have to do abs. I guess that's why mine aren't ripped.

The most I squated was 120kgs = 264bs, that was in november, and front squat of 95kgs= 209lbs, full squats, almost sitting on the floor. Last friday I was supposed to do back squats, 2 sets of 2 reps on 100kgs, but I was in a hurry, and did 4 in one set.

This week, I did 2/2 on 65%, 75% and 85%. Sometimes it's 2/3, 2 sets of 3 reps each. So my whole week of squats consists on doing from 12 to 20 squats per day. One day I hit 2/2 front squats on my 95%. I don't feel sore as long as I stretch after training. My legs aren't ripped, but they feel hard if you try to squeeze them, they don't look like Jell-o. Oh and I already did more weight, it was a mental issue, I was afraid of failure if the bar had more weight, so I started trusting in me and conquered the bar, for now. I will keep adding more weight to it, if I feel I can do at least 1 rep with 5kgs more than my highest, I will do it if my body and mind are in the condition to do it. It felt really good

I feel stronger, but I've gained like 7 lbs like 3kgs, in like 2 weeks. I guess it's because I stopped running, I have a sprained ankle, it doesn't hurt when I lift, nor when I squat, only when I jump or run. My jeans feel really tight, and I won't wear them if people can see my butt crack, so I really have to lose weight, I guess dieting, seeing that I can't do much cardio.

So, should I take more protein? instead of 1 gram per kilogram of bodyweight, should be 1 gram per pound of bodyweight

Last edited:
I PLed for 3 years. But I never did squats 7 days a week and def not at 85%.

You can try more protein.
Ana Anavar (var) might be helpful to you, but you will have to throw those jeans out because you will def put on weight if you put that much on just from not doing cardio. But I am always very strong on Anavar (var) . And if you are saying you HAVE to squat that much, Anavar (var) would help with quicker recovery.

Back