inked's log

pullinbig said:
do your deads on thursday in place of squats. nothing other than a somelight cardio next week. maybe wednesday at the latest./

so after next wednesday no lifting, no cardio til the meet?

inked1 said:
so after next wednesday no lifting, no cardio til the meet?

this friday willl be your last weight training session (bench). pull deads tomorrow instead of squatting. next week do a little cardio but not after wednesday.

and good luck.

you got your numbers figured out yet. openners, second attempts and 3rd?

thanks Blackbeard
yeah I'm thinking of
bench opening with 150(330) and would like to end up hitting 170-180

deads i'll open with 180 (396) and aim for 200 or so

pullinbig said:
this friday willl be your last weight training session (bench). pull deads tomorrow instead of squatting. next week do a little cardio but not after wednesday.

I had already squatted on the thursday
3 x3 308

leg press
440 x 6

hammy curls

Friday(last bench day)
all with a pause

308 x 3
330 x 3
352 x 2

incline bench
3 sets 5 x 220

3 sets close grip superset with pushdowns
5 x 180,200,220

now just got to kick back and wait for the meet, the hardest part will be to stay out of the gym

tomorrows the day
had a pretty cruisy week out of the gym, hopefully will get a good nights sleep and be able to lift hard in the morning

well it was a power to weight ratio comp, and nearly all the guys were like me, newbies to competition
I weighed in at 113kg and managed to come second in the bench part
I opened too light. I was gonna start at 140(then go 155,170) , but got nervous and went in at 130 which was way easy. next up I went to 145, again to easy. i finished on 170 and bombed it midway.

In the deads i pulled 205 which was a PR.

It was a great day, just cool to meet other people trying to do the same stupid arse shit. Next meet is a full PL one, and is in September sometime

inked1 said:
well it was a power to weight ratio comp, and nearly all the guys were like me, newbies to competition
I weighed in at 113kg and managed to come second in the bench part
I opened too light. I was gonna start at 140(then go 155,170) , but got nervous and went in at 130 which was way easy. next up I went to 145, again to easy. i finished on 170 and bombed it midway.

In the deads i pulled 205 which was a PR.

It was a great day, just cool to meet other people trying to do the same stupid arse shit. Next meet is a full PL one, and is in September sometime

25 kilos is a big jump on bench. normally you have a bigger jump between lift 1 and 2 then a smaller one from lift 2 to 3. 140, 157.5, 170 would have been a good way to play it.

but congrtas on your first meet. sweet. Im proud of ya for doing this.

bench day

inclines
5x 100kg
5 x 110
5 x 120

flat
2 x 12 @ 100kg

flyes
2x12 @ 22.5

push downs + skullcrushers

leg day

3x3 @ 140kg

leg press
2x12 @100

leg curl
6 x stack

biceps curls

going to have a break from lifting as heavy as possible for a few weeks I think. I want to concentrate on losing some fat and getting my weight down a bit.

Probably do a lot more walking and just try and watch what I am eating

I'm still training, just haven't been posting. been pretty much concentrating on 3x3 on the core lifts and 2 x 12 on accessories. My weight has stayed about the same , but I am getting leaner, with no apparent strength loss.
I'll post more workouts this coming week

back day

wide grip chins (bodyweight)

deads
385 3x3

barbell row
264 x5 ( 3 sets)

hammer high row ( like narrow grip chins)
2 x 12

biceps
just to change it up
3 sets of matrix using incline db, standing ezy, standing BB
this toasted my arms. its basically just supersetting with 60% of your max weight. For the first exercise (eg standing ezy)you do 5 full reps, 5 1/2 up, 5 1/2 down, 5 full,

30secs rest
then seated DB 12 full reps,
30 sec rest,

then standing BB with the funky 5 reps then half reps etc.

rest for 2-3mins and hit it again but rotate the order of the exercises.

went to KB this evening. trying to do that at least twice a week

Back