Mister69's Log

9/22

deads- 1x8 395lbs, 1x3 435lbs all raw w\chalk

pullthrus- 2x20 #150 (still too damn easy)

seated rows- 2x8 1 pin below the entire rack

reverse pulldowns- 2x7 #18

wide grip bb curls- 1x11 120

hammer curls-1x12 70 db's (more weight next time)
rear delt work- 2x20 25lbs db's
hs abs- 1x20,1x16 #11

-DC style stretches-

*Back stretch haning on a pullup bar with bodyweight for 60 seconds

*Bi stretch 60 seconds
*forearm stretch- 60 seconds 45lb bar

**notes**

Good workout overall nailed my #'s on my first set of deadlifts and banged up my shins pretty nicley even though i was wearing pants. Besides the fact that a few of my buddies were raggin on me cause of the motion of the pull thrus (hey i dont care at all, its a prosterior movement that works very well).

-The reverse grip pulldwons I havent moved up in a pretty long time but i love the movement not sure as to mabey replace them but we wil see.
- as for pull thrus i may just increase reps still not sure though. Or Mabey I can do both pull thrus and reverse hypers but that may be overtraining ..

Last edited:
legs 9/26

smythe machine squats- 1x4,1x5 405lbs

leg press- 1x16+4r\p 12 plates

sldl- 285lbs 1x10, 295lbs 1x10

abductor- 1x25each 150#

calf work

hs abs- 2x20 #11

**DC stretches**

quad stretch- 60 seconds
ham stretch- 60 seconds each leg
calf stretch- 100lbs 60 seconds

Flat bench 315lbs is stuck

chest\tris\delts

flat wide grip- 315lbs 2x4 clean

incline wide grip- 225lbs 1x9, 1x8

military machine- #12 1x12 SS (had more in the tank, so going up next week)

Tri pushdowns- 1x30SS #150

hs abs- #11 2x20

**DC stretches**

Chest- 40lbs db's 60 seconds
Tris- 25lbs db's 60 seconds per arm
SHoulders- 60 seconds

**notes**
well flat bench is stuck for about 1 month now cant seem to get a clean 2x5. But incline etc is up so that is good.
I dont believe it is my diet becuase all my other lifts are moving along nicely. But for an ectomorph like myself it cant hurt to throw in more shakes\or food.

Last edited:
so drop flat bench for a while and do declines in their place.

or do some singles with a pause for a while. maybe 4 weeks of singles 3 or 4 sets.

9/29 back \hams\bis

rack pulls(2 inches below knee level or so)- 415lbs 1x8, 465lbs 1x2 w\belt

pullthrus- 2x20 #150

seated rows- #250 1x8,1x7

reverse grip pulldowns- 1x6, 1x8 #250

wide bb wide curls- 1x12 120lbs

hammer curls- 75lb db's 1x12

rear delt work- 25lbs db's 2x20

hs abs- 2x20 #11

**DC stretches**
back- 73 seconds

bi stretch- 60 seconds

forearm stretch- 60 seconds w\45 lbs bar

-NOTES-

Never wore a belt before but when i got to 465 on racks(lets not forget i am pulling off of a bench which sux but it gets the job done) I coulndt get the first rep w\out the belt cause either my mind was telling me that i was nervous or what not or not enough support. So i listened to my body and threw on the belt nice and tight and got 2 reps clean; that shit was heavy though.
-ran out of dextrose so had to use cranberry juice in place of it
- i got a free belt from my buddy , its not leather but its nylon w\velcrow not belt bulkel. Is this sufficient guys? Cause honestly i am kinda broke now.

-was it a bad idea to throw on the belt , i want my core to get worked correctly ya know

off to eat fellas

Last edited:
mister69 said:
9/29 back \hams\bis

rack pulls(2 inches below knee level or so)- 415lbs 1x8, 465lbs 1x2 w\belt

pullthrus- 2x20 #150

seated rows- #250 1x8,1x7

reverse grip pulldowns- 1x6, 1x8 #250

wide bb wide curls- 1x12 120lbs

hammer curls- 75lb db's 1x12

rear delt work- 25lbs db's 2x20

hs abs- 2x20 #11

**DC stretches**
back- 73 seconds

bi stretch- 60 seconds

forearm stretch- 60 seconds w\45 lbs bar

-NOTES-

Never wore a belt before but when i got to 465 on racks(lets not forget i am pulling off of a bench which sux but it gets the job done) I coulndt get the first rep w\out the belt cause either my mind was telling me that i was nervous or what not or not enough support. So i listened to my body and threw on the belt nice and tight and got 2 reps clean; that shit was heavy though.
-ran out of dextrose so had to use cranberry juice in place of it
- i got a free belt from my buddy , its not leather but its nylon w\velcrow not belt bulkel. Is this sufficient guys? Cause honestly i am kinda broke now.

-was it a bad idea to throw on the belt , i want my core to get worked correctly ya know

off to eat fellas

the belt is a good idea for heavy weight. use what ya got. =0)

I looked thru some of your workouts. Looking good bro. Looks like you are pretty strong in most of your lifts!
Good job!

By the way, the nylon belt is akright. To be honest it is what I use, I have for about 6 yrs now! Anyway, don't worry about not working your core. As long as you are just using hte belt for the heaviest sets, then it is all good!

Thanks pullin, i am looking foward to those 4x1 on bench.

Man the more i train like this i get more and more hungry to get stronger each week

pullinbig said:
the belt is a good idea for heavy weight. use what ya got. =0)

Thanks crazy mike, this is my take on my goals....

I see so many guys pushing the same weight year in year out and staying the same size, but yet complain cause thye arent big enough.

-I am never content with my strength and i love to get stronger and see how far i can go ...that is why i dont stay the same size and i dont get weaker i only get stronger.
Man these pullinbig routines work great :)

crazymike said:
I looked thru some of your workouts. Looking good bro. Looks like you are pretty strong in most of your lifts!
Good job!

By the way, the nylon belt is akright. To be honest it is what I use, I have for about 6 yrs now! Anyway, don't worry about not working your core. As long as you are just using hte belt for the heaviest sets, then it is all good!

smythe machine squats- 2x5 405lbs

leg press- 1x17+2+1r\p 12 plates

sldl- 305lbs 1x10, 1x9(this one w\the belt) both w\straps
abductor- 1x25each 150#, #130

calf work-6x10 6 plates on leg press

hs abs- 2x20 #11

**dc Stretches**
calves- 6 plates on leg press 60 seconds
quads- 60 seconds
hams- 60 seconds per leg

-notes-

Going up by 20lbs on squats next week.
Ab\aductor stuff was tough and burned, its hard doing this stuff for reps cause by the time i get to them i am cramping up by my hips. For some reason my abs cramped up after squats and i decided to throw on the belt for my last set of sldl's, which i have never done. I dont like using the belt, but in this case i figured better safe than sorry(the first thing that came to mind when my abs cramped up i thought "hernia" but then i realized that it was just cramps thank god lol). Hope my core doesnt suffer from using belt for 1 set. Seems that my legs are growing alot up top as apposed to the bottom thigh by the knee area, guess its still ok though any growth is fine for me. But those calves are not getting anywhere oh well.

came back and drank 100grams carbs\72 grams of protein used Optimum Nuttrition whey isloates and cranberry juice. Then ate rice(88 grams of carbs) and tuna and some green tea .

flat wide grip- 4x1 325lbs with a 2 second pause first two done wiht a lift, the second two i pulled off the rack myself

Decline pinkies on rings- 325lbs 1x10, 1x10 failed

military machine- #12 1x11
tri push down- 1x24+ 6 r\p #150

hs abs- #11 1x20, 1x11

DC stretches-

chest- 40lbs db's 50 seconds

tris- 30lbs db's 60 seconds

shoulder stretch- 60 seconds

**notes*

talked to a guy at my gym that has done a meet and landed 500lbs w\dead suit at about 174lbs. Just good to chat with someone with some input etc he was saying its a great experince and that i should give it a go. Anyway my shoulders were fryed after those singles. but that is the most weight i ever benched and i planted my feet real nice!!! and drove :)

Thanks pulling, these paused singles area great!

Do You always un rack the weight yourself on bench or do you get a liftoff in training?

I am really just making sure i also stretch before and dc stretches after workouts just to stay as flexible as possible as i keep packing on size .

Last edited:
need to sub out the reverse narrow grip pulldowns cause they havent moved for a long time and i cant remeber the last time i didnt do them mny curreny reps are 2x8.

I basically need a good replacement cuase my focus is wide ass lats!

These were my thoughts

- wide grip pulldowns to front
- rack chins

any advice here guys is great thanks

mister69 said:
need to sub out the reverse narrow grip pulldowns cause they havent moved for a long time and i cant remeber the last time i didnt do them mny curreny reps are 2x8.

I basically need a good replacement cuase my focus is wide ass lats!

These were my thoughts

- wide grip pulldowns to front
- rack chins

any advice here guys is great thanks

try some high rows if ya got a high row machine. i like the hammer strength one.

i get a handoff if theres someone there. save it for the press.

good idea pullin

i will see what i can do at the gym mabey put the row handle and use it from the pulldown.

Back