Mister69's Log

well my left shoulder is still acting up after yesterday..and its no coincidence that wehn i started uprights the pain came back.. So that mean no more uprights and i will see how next bench day goes...I was thinking go back to just 1x10 to faulure with military BB.

Other than that I am off to hit up the drive through and muscle down some burgers.

9/15 back\hams\bis

rack pulls- 1x8 405lbs, 1x4 455lbs (more weight next time)

pullthrus- 2x12 #150

seated rows- 2x7 1 pin below the entire rack

reverse pulldowns- 2x7 #18

wide grip bb curls- 1x12 115lbs (more weight next time)

hammer curls-1x12 65lbs db's (more weight next time)

rear delt work- 2x20 25lbs db's
hs abs- 2x20 #11

-DC style stretches-

*Back stretch haning on a pullup bar 40 seconds with a 30lbs dumbell (my gym doesnt have a belt to strap wieght to so i had to hold the db with my feet...any other ideas?)

*Bi stretch 30 seconds (felt it in my forearms as well)

**notes**

This gym is a pain cause i have to rig everything to make it pullin friendly. I have to rack pull off of a bench. My question is this...how much more weight can this bar\ or bench hold on rack pulls? I mean the bar wasnt bending at all but i am getting stronger :).
Other than that I am up on the scale at about 189lbs and leaner than i was at 189 last winter..SO this is good cause i want to hit that damn 200lb mark.

I mean i am throwin in some whole milke and pizza and sometimes some icecream and or burgerking wendys etc...just getting that protein in..man i love bulking.

Off to eat

lol, u sound like a fat bastard. Good job and nice #'s on those racks, just keep pullin i dont think you have to worry about the bar breaking for a while buddy...

can i get away with pulling off of one 45lb plate(or stack two plates on top of each other?) and do something like this..

alternate regular deads and deads off plates weekly? or will my cns not be able to handle that? cause racks\deads every other week is progressing weekly..

sounds good pb... thanks

nice... slowly and slowly i am rigging this hallway university freeweight gym to make it pullin friendly :)

Last edited:
rest day today..

calorie king.com has me at 5,000 calories today and 360-380 grams of protein

Protein always comes first ..i just get in double my weight and the rest is cake.

not a bad meal day considering I woke up at noon ...woops

Last edited:
gym closed down early ...

9/19 legs

well my university gym is split up into 3 rooms and the one room has mostly freewieghts and is where i do most of my workouts....After doing my warmups i found out that the freeweight room was getting closed in 5 minutes so i had to do hacks and pull thrus.

smythe squats- warmups 135 1x8, 185 1x4, 225 1x3, 285 1x2, 315 1x1
worksets(only had time for one)

405lbs 1x3

Hack squats- 2x6 #17, 1x20 #12

pullthrus- 2x10 #150

abductor- #130 1x25 each

standing calf raises- 3x10 #60, 3x10 #80

hs heavy abs machine- #11 2x20

**dc stretches**
calf stretch- 100lbs 60 seconds
hamstring stretch - 40seconds per leg
quad stretch - 30 seconds

**notes**

Basically i was fumming after that weight room got closed. I had to resort to hack squats, the good thing was that i could get deep as hell. I just wish i could have done sldl's and some more squats.
My legs are my weakest part and i dont like not sticking to the plan .

Hope i get sore tomoroow that is all...

191lbs on the scale today after the workout...guess i might be holding some water after eating that pie of pizza last night before bed :-0

Last edited:
just had a quick question.. Pullinbig;

I saw the video with the guy doing reverse hypers w\bands..I have that exact piece of equipment in my gym.

Here is my problem I can do the entire rack for pull thrus at this gym and i dont have a chain to attactch db's. Do you recomend on my back day after deads\racks I do highger reps of pull thrus or perhaps do 45 degree hypers while holding weight to my chest?

Thanks

Last edited:
today was supposed to be chest\delt\tris day, but i woke up feeling extremly fatigued and just dont want to walk into the gym and half ass it. So tomorrow is chest\delt tris day.

Going to just load up on food today and get my 400+ grams of protein.

legs are fatigued today walking really slowly today up stairs lol.

9/21

flat wide- 1x5,1x4 315lbs locked them all out with zero spot

decline smythe pinkies on rings- 320lbs 2x10

Military press machine- 1x8+2+2 r\p #14

pushdowns tris- #150 1x30

hs abs heavy- #11 2x20

-DC Style Stretches-

chest- 40lbs db's 60 seconds
tris- 25lbs db's 60 seconds
Shoulder stretch 60 seconds

**notes**

I found out that the military machine upstairs at my gym is great...just like hammer strength felt great

-is it ok to use this in place of military bb? I dont normally r\p military but figured give it my all
-Still didnt nail 315 on bench for that last set of 5 but decline is up so thats good.

Last edited:
Good numbers buddy keep it up and we'll be headin down to NC to Join PB for a meet. Oh, and that r/p military must have hurt lol...

mister69 said:
just had a quick question.. Pullinbig;

I saw the video with the guy doing reverse hypers w\bands..I have that exact piece of equipment in my gym.

Here is my problem I can do the entire rack for pull thrus at this gym and i dont have a chain to attactch db's. Do you recomend on my back day after deads\racks I do highger reps of pull thrus or perhaps do 45 degree hypers while holding weight to my chest?

Thanks

reverse hyper or 45° hyper?

mister69 said:
9/21

flat wide- 1x5,1x4 315lbs locked them all out with zero spot

decline smythe pinkies on rings- 320lbs 2x10

Military press machine- 1x8+2+2 r\p #14

pushdowns tris- #150 1x30

hs abs heavy- #11 2x20

-DC Style Stretches-

chest- 40lbs db's 60 seconds
tris- 25lbs db's 60 seconds
Shoulder stretch 60 seconds

**notes**

I found out that the military machine upstairs at my gym is great...just like hammer strength felt great

-is it ok to use this in place of military bb? I dont normally r\p military but figured give it my all
-Still didnt nail 315 on bench for that last set of 5 but decline is up so thats good.

machines are fine for assistance work.

Back