Mister69's Log

dont let it sit on the chest, but pause just before it touches 2 count then explode.

All paused movements are overlooked imo...most guys just think they need to add more flys or leg curls or curls lol

mister69 said:
flat pause bench (wide grip)- #305 2x5

Hammer strenght chest press- 1 plate+25lbs per side 2x10

Hammer strengh shoulder press- 1plates+40lbs per side 1x15

Tricep pushdowns- #150 1x23 r\p

Ab machine- #5 2x20

-dc stretches-

chest- #50 for 60 seconds
tris- 30# for 60 seconds
shoulders- 60seconds

-notes-
feel good today..pause bench is moving nicely. Just had to change my assitant work a little cuase of the new different equip at this new gym.

rack deads on friday cant wait.

Way to go 69'er
:druggie:

rack pulls- 2x10 # 285

45 degree hypers- #45 2x15

row machine (plate loaded)- 60lbs per side 2x10

reverse pulldowns- #180 1x12r\p

ez bar curls- #75 1x13r\p (stoped due to left bicep pain)

rear delt machine- #75 2x15

rope pulldown abs- 3x15 #120

donkey calves- 1x7 # 168

eliptical- 20minutes

-dc stretches-
back- 50 seconds
bis- 50 seconds

-notes-
Feeling ok ...this is week 7 completed and everything seems to hault and tendonitis is almost there . I might as well stop now and start my 2 light weeks on monday. Still on the fence though ..guess i will sleep on it .

If i listen to my body and catch it early ..right before i am overtrained i can avoid alot of injuries..including this old hammie injury. That is why i am leaning towards takeing the next 2 weeks and doing some light stuff.

One thing is for sure, i will def be changing exercies at week 4.

yeah its been a rough few months. I dont see it hindering my gains at all, but i have to do a few things that i dont like to do ...I would rather be doing 3-8 rep range but here is what i been sticking with.

Example: High rep rack pulls 10-15
High rep squat variations 10-20

I make sure i increase the weight each week in these rep ranges to keep things moving .

This past 7 week heavy session i gained 12lbs; this means that muscle memory came into play, plus i was slacking in the diet department 2 months ago cause i was busy w\school \work and injury. I am just keeping the carbs and protien very high and seeing how it goes.

Last edited:
say, is doing cardio/working out helps lower one's blood sugar level?? can I still eat large and just do cardio to cut if off?? my glucose elevation is carb related. thanks and sorry for stealing thread

I been doing a little cardio after leg and deadlift days to get blood to the hamstring and help the healing.

But i feel that a little cardio in the "offseason" is good to just help keep a little fat off and stay healthy.

I am a pure hardgainer but little cardio hasnt been hurting my gains.

mister69 said:
I been doing a little cardio after leg and deadlift days to get blood to the hamstring and help the healing.

But i feel that a little cardio in the "offseason" is good to just help keep a little fat off and stay healthy.

I am a pure hardgainer but little cardio hasnt been hurting my gains.

How is the diet? As long as you are getting enough calories then cardio is good. Are you consistently increasing your calorie intake?

Thanks Husky, Yes i currently upped the carbs and feel great ...and added more carbs post workout and muscles are staying full every day and i dont seem to flatten out like i was about 2 months ago.

Sounds great, it is a great feeling when you know that you finally dialed it in. If you feel that you are progressing then keep doing what you are doing, when you start feeling that your gains are slowing down then it is time to take a break and/or change up your routine.

Thanks husky, i am taking these next 10 days to do some light stuff in the gym and eat.

Then come back with the same routine, just differnt exercises.

the start of my 10 days of light weight. No legs today, legs tomorrow...I am able to change days around by feel during these 10 days. still stuffing my face and keeping the eating the same exact way, caue i am gaining well right now.

mister69 said:
the start of my 10 days of light weight. No legs today, legs tomorrow...I am able to change days around by feel during these 10 days. still stuffing my face and keeping the eating the same exact way, caue i am gaining well right now.

When you planning on weighing in niner?

front squats- 135# 2x10

low box squats (shoulder width, sit back)- 2x5 #185

GM's (pins set about 5 inches above belly button)- 135# 2x10

donkey calves- 85# 1x20

rope pulldown abs- 2x10

efx eliptical- 20 minutes

-notes-
cruising now. First time doing box squats and gm's off pins. Front squats are a no go, as there is no way i am going to build up weight ...bar chokes me.

Last edited:
Back