More and More Failed PCTs...

OK we need to stick this. I have always read Scally's post cycle therapy (pct) methods and he says the same things, that were starting post cycle therapy (pct) too soon.

you tell people this and its like blasphemy.

we should be the first to have it at the top of the board, The post cycle therapy (pct) Epidemic :)

That day me and you went over this really made me look differently into starting two weeks after a long ester. That was foreal good shit bro.

Thank you very much Cashout and I apologize for asking you to repeat things I missed you say the first time!

I am planning on running your full post cycle therapy (pct) cycle you outlined in your spreadsheet. Given that, how much Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) would you recommend I run during cycle? And would that require an upward dose adjustment in the arimidex?

HCG on cycle is tricky because there is no solid way to determine whether or not it is actually serving the desired purpose of maintaining testicular function.

Even if you draw blood, you will not be able to determine if the testes are actually producing any additional test on their own since you'll be injecting test as part of the cycle.

Also, you cannot look at traditional markers like LH and FSH since these are not going to elevate (contray to populate myth) in the presence of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) do to the feedback loop of the HPTA detecting a high level of exogenous test in the system.

Some would say that we could just gauge it by "feel" or whether or not ther is much "shrinkage." Neither of those are very good measure and they are totally unreliable from person to person.

So, one is really left to just guess on how much Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is enough. I'd suggest that 500 iu twice a week would be as good a guess as any.

As for Adex during the blast phase of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) after the cycle, I'd consider 1 mg EOD to be the minimum. More may be need but that can only really be determined individually.

Personally, I had to use Adex at 1mg ED to control the estrogen in the blast phase with HCG. Even with that my E was in the upper 30s. That is why I prefer Letro - it is stronger and I can manage estrogen better with it in the presence of high Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) applications.

I had a friend of almost 25 years that abused AAS for quite a long time.

He did some galacticly dumb things liking running 1000mg cycles in his 40s.

He had a stroke and later died as a result.

So, yes, I am acutely aware of the dangerous of high hemocrit, skewed lipid profiles, high blood pressure, and the possibly vascular incidents.

That is the reason I am admittedly opposed to guys my age, 42 years old, running cycles. Period.

In the short term, a cycle here and there with appropriate PCT support posses considerable less risk than consistent abuse of AAS year after year of one's life. Notice I did not write posses "no risk," I wrote "less risk."

Make no mistake, there are always possibilities and risks. I cannot comment on them specifically in your case because I have no knowledge of your overall health. I would be inclined to believe that an aspirin a day would not be an issue.

If you have these concerns about your overall health, I'd suggest you get a full blood panel pulled prior to cycling. It is a good practice for everyone.

Thanks again cashout! You have great wisdom.

One more question:

Testosterone and the SERMs used PCT increase blood hematocrit and the SERMs especially are associated with clotting abnormalities. I really don't want to have some sort of thrombotic issue. First, are you familiar with anyone who has ever experienced a vascular accident, heart attack, stroke, or any other ischemia that could reasonably be attributed to either exogenous testosterone or a SERM? Second, would adding 350mg Asprin once daily to the cycle and PCT help reduce the risk of clotting abnormalities?

Cashout, so your friend was running 1000mg how often? Per day, per week ? How much is to much? I am 47 and just finished your recommended Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) blast and into my PCT now. Already planning my next cycle. Any advice?

Cashout, so your friend was running 1000mg how often? Per day, per week ? How much is to much? I am 47 and just finished your recommended Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) blast and into my PCT now. Already planning my next cycle. Any advice?

He regularly ran cycles in the 1000 mgs per week range a couple times per year right up until the day of his stroke.

My question to you, like to him before, is to whom and what are you trying to prove by cycling at 47?

His answer to my questioning his decision making was usually...

"It's my life and if I go out this way, at least I'll go out doing what I love and I'll be big."

He died in ICU after 48 hours of begging God to give him another chance.

So, I ask you again, what are you getting out of cycling?

At the risk of 'hijacking' a thread about PCT, I'll answer.

My father (RIP) and my little brother were/are both physicians. I am a Ph.D.

I appreciate your position. I was fortunate enough that when I started my first cycle more than 20 years ago, my father's partner was willing to help monitor me.

That said, the only question that you need to ask that I've not seen you answer yet is why do AAS?

What is the goal?

Goals dictate actions.

I don't know anything about Ritalin or Klonopin so I couldn't comment about anything associated with those drugs.

From what you wrote, your simple vitals seem acceptable and there is nothing other than your HDL being a little on the low side that would be an issue. Of course that is vary superficial analysis.

That is the sort of thing that has been on my mind.

I (unfortunately) have not had my hormone levels quantified, ever. However, my dad regularly checks my lipids (he's a dr.) and last time my HDL was 40 and my total was 102 or 103... something like that.

My blood pressure is good, it was 110/60 today. I'm 25 years old and the only negatives I have as far as my health goes is that I take prescription stims and a benzo for an REM sleep disorder. I've been on them for about 1 year and am in the process of tapering off of them in order to minimize the level of exogenous chemicals in my body during this period (I'm on 20mg Ritalin and 1.25mg Klonopin daily as of right now).

I don't know what your credentials are cashout, but it sounds like you know what you're talking about. I'm a medical student right now, but I'm also not afraid to admit I don't know everything. I've started taking Niacin because I'm aware that testosterone kills your HDL levels. Given what I've written, do you see any red flags that should dissuade me from pursuing this? Unlike your friend, I don't have an "it's my life, fvck it" attitude. I have spent a lot of hard work paving my way for the life I have right now and do not want to screw it up because of something as trivial (sorry if that offends anyone) as a testosterone cycle.

I can't talk to my dad about this stuff or any of his colleagues because they would naturally freak out. So I have to rely on the things I read in my textbooks, hear from lectures, and read from what I would deem reputable sources.

What do you think? I just started week 2 of my cycle today and am not that far in.

One of the best threads I've read on these boards. Gave me a lot of knowledge, thanks! Will good use of what I've learned and spread this info!

Cashout, Thank You for your response. I love being on cycle, I know at my age 47 that there are certain risks involved. But to answer your question, I simply love the feeling that added testosterone gives me. Probably the same as many people on this forum. This is something that i have always wanted to do. I have been lifting for 20+ years all natural and wanted to see the difference Anabolic Steroids could make.

Yes and aside from one very poorly designed and documented Italian case study published in a very minor medical journal, trip has not been shown to be effective as a restoration tool.

I have used torm with folks in the past (at their insistence) and the results have been less than what we typically achieve with Clomid/Nolva.

Back to the article's point (PCT) Cashout, have you ever considered the merit of replacing your recommended Clomid regimen with one100mcg Triptorelin Acetate injection and following that with a lower dose Nof ova or Torem? That would probably also require the elimination of the HCG blast and make sure that HCG is used on cycle.

I've been researching different approaches to PCT that either minimize or eliminate the use of SERMs. Based on the anecdotal reports I've read and the way I understand physiology, this seems like a superior method. Trip would have to be dosed very precisely however, in order to avoid "chemical castration".

Last edited:
Back