Optimum Nutrition Whey, couple questions

BiggieSwolls

Steelers = SuperBowl
Thinking of switching over to Optimum Whey.

How would you guys rate the taste? The main reason I use Designer Whey is because the taste was fairly easy to stomach. Also, 3 of my 6 meals a day are basically Protein shakes so the stuff has got to be easy to get down.

And lastly, can anyone post the its per scoop quantities for Protein, Carbs, Fats and any other important stuff you can think of?

Thanks in advance

Biggie

i personally use the 10lb chocalote. i don't mind the taste. it has 22g of protein per scoop and 120 cals. i believe there are like 2 grams of carbs and half a gram of fat per scoop.

Optimum Nutrition - 100% Natural Whey Protein
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (30.4 g)
Servings Per Container: 74 (5 lbs.)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 15
Total Fat 1.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Protein 22 g
Sugars 3 g
Calcium 149 mg
Iron 0.35 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Potassium 135 mg
Stevia [leaf extract] 70 mg
Alanine 1,162 mg
Arginine 655 mg
Aspartic Acid 2,315 mg
Cystine 357 mg
Glutamic Acid/Glutamine 4,072 mg
Glycine 426 mg
Histidine 351 mg
Isoleucine 1,360 mg
Leucine 2,397 mg
Lysine 1,894 mg
Methionine 433 mg
Phenylalanine 606 mg
Proline 1,414 mg
Serine 1,107 mg
Threonie 1,511 mg
Tryptophan† 205 mg
Tyrosine 557 mg
Valine 1,178 mg

†The Tryptophan in this product is 100% naturally occurring.

Excellent BCAA to EAA ratio
Total BCAA (22.4)=51.5%
Total EAA (43.5)

Other Ingredients:
QuadPlex Protein Blend (Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate [From Ion Exchange and Cross Flow Microfiltration] {all three sources contain concentrations of Beta Lactoglobulin Alpha Lactalbumin, Bovine Serum Albumin, Immunoglobulis, Glycomacropeptides, Lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase, other closely related protein molecules and Glutamine Peptides}, Low Molecular Weight and Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Crystalline Fructose, Natural Color, Natural Flavor, Stevia.

Suggested Use:
Mix 1 heaping scoop of 100% Whey Protein with 6-8 oz. of water or skim milk. Take 2-3 servings daily or as recommended by a licensed nutritionist, personal trainer or physician.

**Ingredients and nutritional facts may vary with flavour**

I like Vanilla Ice Cream, Pina Colada tastes like ass, Chocolate Tastes Fairly good, Chocolate Mint does taste good in milk, smells minty, but actually tastes like Dark Chocolate, very good flavor.

I like to put two scoops in my NLarge2

i think optimum tastes horrid, i have to mix it in oatmeal to stand the taste, along w/ some pb too. Its not whey, but biotests low carb grow is awesome

Dudes have you guys tried the Optiumum Natural Strawberry?? It is the best whey I have tasted so far and the price is right as well.

Biggie, i dont think i even need to say it, but i will anyways....

SPORTLAB you mofo!! ;)

the #1 sport nutrition co. in Canada!

doggy - do you get commission from sportlab? everything is sportlab, lol

JoeBig: whats the best ester of test to run for a cutter?
doggy: SPORTLAB!!

lol, just fuckin with ya bro, one day i will try em, once i get over my hatred for canadians

I get the 10lb chocolate. Dosn't taste bad but I kind of like powders that are a little thicker. Optimum tastes like chocolate water. It mixes easy to which is good when I'm trying to mix a shake at work.

The chocolate is palatable, no worse than Designer. The vanilla is pretty gross, though, and the strawberry is kind of overpowering. Haven't tried the chocolate mint or the pina colada.

Best tasting protein powder I know of is Dave Draper's Bomber Blend. Both the choc and vanilla taste great, mix easily with water or milk, and have a good nutrient blend. Price is pretty steep though, and you can only order it directly from Draper's gym.

--dnb

I second that. The vanilla ice cream flavor tastes like ASS!!! Thanks grafix!! I now have 10lbs of this funky ass shit that I'm gonna have to force down my throat. It is definitely vanilla flavor... tastes like pure vanilla extract... bluhhh makes me wanna barf.

I buy the 10 lb. bags in chocolate and natural strawberry. I usually mix the choc with some isopure and use the strawberry with fruit. Both taste pretty good. The value is hard to beat if you use a lot of powder as I do.

Back