Please Help Me Get To 200lbs!! (I Need A Miracle) pic

MGunz

Here's the deal..I started lifting when I was 18. I was 125lbs and am genetically a VERY thin person (my whole family is).
So I knew some guys big into bodybuilding and they explained to me I needed to eat until I was gonna puke. So that's what I did. Iv been doing it for 5 years now. I'v gained all this weight but I'v been stuck between 170-180 for the last year or two. I make strength and visual gains but just not in the weight department. I'v gotta be missing something!

So I was stuck at 170lbs for a while. That's when I decided to start using gear. While gear helped me get strong as shit, transform my body, get vascular, I STILL CANT GAIN THE WEIGHT I WANT!!!

I'v tried a lot of different things. Eating is not the problem and I make eating my job. I literally freak out if I miss a meal by 5 minutes. Last cycle I followed a diet like this and put on some weight but it was no where what I was hoping.
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/diet-forum/154124-my-bulk-drop-bf-same-time-diet.html
My diet might seem strange but I'v done the whole eat clean thing and it just does not work for me. I have tried a lot of different diets, but I seem to get the best weight results when I eat dirty and fast foods in big quantities. Unfortunately that's not healthy and I also gain belly fat when I do it for too long..
Can someone help me here?? What am I missing?? Why can't I gain the muscle I want?

This is what I'v been following for the last 2 months or so, and It seems to be working alright..but I know there's a better way..

**DIET**

Breakfast is my only small meal of the day and it still always consists of 500 calories or more always. Breakfast consists of Oatmeal, Eggs, WW Bread, Side of Ham, Steak or Turkey, Whey shake with milk and PB. I mix it up but always consists of these foods.

I always eat 4-5 Meals that consist of Chicken, Steak, or Fish, with Rice or Pasta. I eat a MINUMUM of 16oz meat weighed raw with MINUMUM 2 cups brown rice or a large bowl of pasta. I eat one large serving of vegetables a day either broccoli or spinach.

I also eat 1 Meal a day of restaurant/fast food. This is my highest calorie meal of the day and are ALWAYS 1k or more..

Every night before bed I drink a scoop of casein in water and devour spoonfulls of PB 3-4 servings.

--Just to add I don't do any cardio either..can someone please explain to me why I have not gained more muscle or aren't fat already lol? Can I have friggin worms or something I'v been eating sushi since i was 5 lol!!??

200lbs is my goal!!! I would love to compete eventually but never will at this rate

Last edited:
Man how i wish i had your problem.

I would keep a real accurate log for a week or two. Write down everything. Start watching your macro's closely.

What do you do for a living? Any idea of your bmr/tdee?

I would keep a real accurate log for a week or two. Write down everything. Start watching your macro's closely.

What do you do for a living? Any idea of your bmr/tdee?

I have very little activity throughout the day..The only real movement or exercise I get is my weight workout which usually lasts about 45 mins to an hour and 15 mins, 4-5 days a week.

I calculated my BMR and it is 1909 calories. My TDEE would be around 3150 calories, but these numbers really don't mean anything to me becuase my body and metabolism is batshit crazy..If I eat 3k calories I will lose weight fast.

Good idea on the log..I'm going to start tracking everything on paper starting tomorrow.

i agree with Welter.

And, i'd drop the fish. Add more red meat or chix.

And drop that casein shake and do lean red meat. If its too expensive, get you some 95% lean ground beef and eat that instead. Shakes won't make you big.

Also, what kind of routine are you doing?

i agree with Welter.

And, i'd drop the fish. Add more red meat or chix.

And drop that casein shake and do lean red meat. If its too expensive, get you some 95% lean ground beef and eat that instead. Shakes won't make you big.

Also, what kind of routine are you doing?

Started the log today..gonna write everything down for a few days than report it back here.
I do eat steak before bed 2-3 nights out of the week, sometimes I eat a hald pound of roast beef instead. I eat it with the shake..I guess I'll try every night or at least 5 nights, Red meat is already the majority of my diet.

I just changed routines last month. I was using a standard chest tris, back bis, legs shoulders 3 day split. I would train 3 days in a row, take one off and start over. I wasn't going heavy enough and was barely getting sore..Since I started this I notice a big difference. I train one body part a day. I know your a fan of lower volume and that's what Iv been doing lately, except for back and arms..Love to hit those groups with a lot of sets.

*D1-Back*
Deadlifts 3x5 (unfortunately I need to stay light cause of a disc problem, so I'm missing out on a huge mass builder here, but I still get them in.)
T-Bar Rows 3x5
Pull Ups 3x
Smith Machine BB Rows 3x8
Wide Grip Lat Pull-Downs 3x12

*D2-Shoulders*
Seated DB Shoulder Press 3x8
Standing BB Shoulder Press 3x8
Standing Lateral Raises 3x8
Shrugs 3x20 (like high rep shrugs)

*D3-Legs*
Squats 3x6 (just started heavy again)
Leg Press 3x10
Straight Leg Deadlifts 3x10
DB Walking Lunges 1x10-15 per leg

*D4-off*

*D5-Chest*
BB Flat Bench 5x5
DB Incline Bench 3x10
Flat DB Flys 3x8

*D6-Arms*
I mix it up but I do 12-15 sets for bi's and same for tri's

*D7-off*

What'ya think RJ?

Whatever you do don't focus to much on the number on the scale. From the pics above your looking good. As long as your getting size and strength gains your moving in the right direction IMO. I have a very hard time with this also and I have just came to accept the fact that as I put on more lean mass my metabolism increases and even though I get bigger with each cycle I tend to get leaner each time as well, which is not a bad thing.

Hey Mgunz, looking forward to seeing your diet log over the next couple days. The only thing I might add is that as you've been getting bigger you need to increase the amount of kcals you're taking in proportionately. Since you've made such a huge gain from when you started at 18, you should be increasing the amount of food you're eating too.

Nice progress! That's quite a change from your earlier days

Mgunz

I like that routine. It's almost exactly the split I use except I do more reps. It's exactly my schedule though withvthe exception of day 4.

I do abs day4

Started the log today..gonna write everything down for a few days than report it back here.
I do eat steak before bed 2-3 nights out of the week, sometimes I eat a hald pound of roast beef instead. I eat it with the shake..I guess I'll try every night or at least 5 nights, Red meat is already the majority of my diet.

I just changed routines last month. I was using a standard chest tris, back bis, legs shoulders 3 day split. I would train 3 days in a row, take one off and start over. I wasn't going heavy enough and was barely getting sore..Since I started this I notice a big difference. I train one body part a day. I know your a fan of lower volume and that's what Iv been doing lately, except for back and arms..Love to hit those groups with a lot of sets.

*D1-Back*
Deadlifts 3x5 (unfortunately I need to stay light cause of a disc problem, so I'm missing out on a huge mass builder here, but I still get them in.)
T-Bar Rows 3x5
Pull Ups 3x
Smith Machine BB Rows 3x8
Wide Grip Lat Pull-Downs 3x12

*D2-Shoulders*
Seated DB Shoulder Press 3x8
Standing BB Shoulder Press 3x8
Standing Lateral Raises 3x8
Shrugs 3x20 (like high rep shrugs)

*D3-Legs*
Squats 3x6 (just started heavy again)
Leg Press 3x10
Straight Leg Deadlifts 3x10
DB Walking Lunges 1x10-15 per leg

*D4-off*

*D5-Chest*
BB Flat Bench 5x5
DB Incline Bench 3x10
Flat DB Flys 3x8

*D6-Arms*
I mix it up but I do 12-15 sets for bi's and same for tri's

*D7-off*

What'ya think RJ?

its sounds like you're eating right, i'd like to see quantities, but i don't like the set up of that routine.

Arms after chest is not good IMO. You just killed the triceps the day before ( if you went heavy enough) so there should be no way to go nuts on the arms the following day.

Once more, back, then delts, then legs is weird too. Not saying it won't work, but trying to give you different things to choose from.

The problem with 5 day routines to me is its very hard to go 100% balls out every day and be recovered enough not only for subsequent workouts but also for the next week to come around.

I love 3 day low volume splits like the one i used to have in my sig, but i never go more than 4 days, and never more than 2 days in a row. My body just can't do it.

Just a thought but since you are seeing results on low volume stick with it.

I also agree with the guy above. Who gives a shit about what you weigh? I ask everyone this and I'll ask you.

If you start off at 195lbs and 20 weeks later you are still 195lbs but have lost 3%BF and gained inches on all measurements, do you really give a shit?

Guys put too much emphasis on the scale when its really no measure of success.

From my experience, I am not able to make changes in weight either up or down unless I know exactly how much I am taking in and from what sources. The first place is to map out the macros like has been talked about. It is a pain in the ass to keep track of everything.

Just for my .02, you look good man and I'm not gay. Have you ever tried some increasing the intake of nitrogen producing bacteria like L. Bifidis or L. Bulgaricus? These are in some yogurts (not all) and can be taken as supplements. Some digestive enzymes may also help things out some. Of course, the assumption is that your calorie intake is actually as high as you think it is.

Do you take Ritalin or Adderall or other stimulants for ADHD etc? These do have a fairly profound effect on metabolism. I have run into a few guys your age that have been on these and had significant trouble gaining weight.

Assuming your difficulty gaining weight is not related to any infectious or metabolic issues you will look at it as a blessing in the long run.

yeah I guess it's cool in the fact that I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but it has it's cons also when you always have to be eating and a chunk of your income goes to your belly lol..

Whatever you do don't focus to much on the number on the scale. From the pics above your looking good. As long as your getting size and strength gains your moving in the right direction IMO. I have a very hard time with this also and I have just came to accept the fact that as I put on more lean mass my metabolism increases and even though I get bigger with each cycle I tend to get leaner each time as well, which is not a bad thing.
thanks man..yeah I don't sweat the scale too much..I have my cycle log in here, and I said off the bat I'm staying off the scale this time, and only going by the mirror. I'd still love to see that sucker hit 200 one day though!!

Hey Mgunz, looking forward to seeing your diet log over the next couple days. The only thing I might add is that as you've been getting bigger you need to increase the amount of kcals you're taking in proportionately. Since you've made such a huge gain from when you started at 18, you should be increasing the amount of food you're eating too.

Nice progress! That's quite a change from your earlier days
thanks bro..yeah I made unreal gains last few years..In a few weeks maybe Ill throw some comparison pics up from a while back in my log.

its sounds like you're eating right, i'd like to see quantities, but i don't like the set up of that routine.

Arms after chest is not good IMO. You just killed the triceps the day before ( if you went heavy enough) so there should be no way to go nuts on the arms the following day.

Once more, back, then delts, then legs is weird too. Not saying it won't work, but trying to give you different things to choose from.

The problem with 5 day routines to me is its very hard to go 100% balls out every day and be recovered enough not only for subsequent workouts but also for the next week to come around.

I love 3 day low volume splits like the one i used to have in my sig, but i never go more than 4 days, and never more than 2 days in a row. My body just can't do it.

Just a thought but since you are seeing results on low volume stick with it.

I also agree with the guy above. Who gives a shit about what you weigh? I ask everyone this and I'll ask you.

If you start off at 195lbs and 20 weeks later you are still 195lbs but have lost 3%BF and gained inches on all measurements, do you really give a shit?

Guys put too much emphasis on the scale when its really no measure of success.
I liked that routine in your sig, but I just can't be in the gym only 3 days..I love to train, and that's my escape.
Since I started my routine though, It really has been taking a toll on me and I'v been taing an extra day off when I need it. If I can't give 100% I wont train.

From my experience, I am not able to make changes in weight either up or down unless I know exactly how much I am taking in and from what sources. The first place is to map out the macros like has been talked about. It is a pain in the ass to keep track of everything.

Just for my .02, you look good man and I'm not gay. Have you ever tried some increasing the intake of nitrogen producing bacteria like L. Bifidis or L. Bulgaricus? These are in some yogurts (not all) and can be taken as supplements. Some digestive enzymes may also help things out some. Of course, the assumption is that your calorie intake is actually as high as you think it is.

Do you take Ritalin or Adderall or other stimulants for ADHD etc? These do have a fairly profound effect on metabolism. I have run into a few guys your age that have been on these and had significant trouble gaining weight.

Assuming your difficulty gaining weight is not related to any infectious or metabolic issues you will look at it as a blessing in the long run.

thanks, hmmmm never heard of L. Bifidis or L. Bulgaricus before, but it's funny you mention ADHD meds becuase yeah I did take them for 2 years but stopped about 4 years ago

As for the diet log, I'v been keeping track of everything I take in. I'm not altering my intake at all. Just keeping it the same as always so I can get some honest feedback.

Ill post it all up in a few days

I liked that routine in your sig, but I just can't be in the gym only 3 days..I love to train, and that's my escape.

I hate to tell you but this method of thinking will be your downfall when it comes to getting really big and strong.

Remember you dont grow in the gym.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody pointed this out. Especially if you can eat whatever you want...

Stop the clean bulk bullshit and go house some fucking double cheeseburgers and milk shakes bro. WtFFFF is this clean bulk nonsense ??? Mark my words eat like an asshole and in 2 months you'll add 20lbs. Some may be fat but you can burn it and do it again... Now go get that burger

A little trick that works for me no matter if im bulking or leaning out is eating as much meat as possible (steak, chicken, pork, beef). Incorporate a piece of red meat into every meal. You can find great deals on meat (managers specials are always around at walmart and meijers). Also, get your self some lunch meat; hard salami, turkey breast; ham etc. I buy 3-5lbs every 4-5 days. Hamburger is also a very inexpensive way to go. I have sloppy joes at least once a week.

Trust me, meat is the way to go. Gives you your calories & your protein in a natural way. I like getting beef jerkey as well and snacking at that throughout the day as well (little pricey but if you get a dehydrater it makes it a little cheaper).

Hope that might give you a new perspective.

Last edited:
RJ and 3J.. how often are you guys in the gym?

and what do your current routines look like?

3-4 days. always low volume. usually accompanied with conditioning work every 6 weeks.

Massive, i agree that he needs to stop eating so clean, guess i just didn't add that in. Good call.

Back