Provigil (modafinil) - Any users please post up!

BigRonWannabee

I did some reading on this drug and havent read a bad thing yet. It seems this stuff does it all. Promotes wakefulness, brightens mood, enhances memory, isnt habit forming.

Anyway before popping this do-it-all down the ol' hatch, any users mind sharing some info?

bump for that. I currently use Adderall, but tolerance is a problem and I've considered giving this stuff and try in lou of Adderall.

I took it for 2 months recently between cycles. I didn't notice any substantial "wakefullness" at all, nor increased concentration, but it did help my overall mood somewhat when I went back to HRT doses in between my cycles. I was only taking one tablet per day though, and I think my dose may have been low. I actually got a script for it from my Family Physician's medical assistant....the same guy who said he can get my GH at "discount prices" out the backdoor of the Dr. office. No thanks!

This compound interests me as well. What would be an average dose for a 250lb. guy?

i tried it for a few months after coming off of adderall, it worked great at first but after a while anxiety started to really become an issue so I had to come off of it, I would not recommend it myself but everyone reacts differently to things.

boyindasouth said:
i tried it for a few months after coming off of adderall, it worked great at first but after a while anxiety started to really become an issue so I had to come off of it, I would not recommend it myself but everyone reacts differently to things.
Interesting.

When I first started taking meds several years ago, my anxiety went through the roof and I hated it, but I became productive as hell and decided the anxiety was worth it. But then, the anxiety disappeared and I haven't been able to get it back.

DougoeFre5h said:
I was thinking more of a study for finals week type of regimine for myself. Anyone taken it for this type of benefit?
You would just increase the dosage used for continuous use vs. a increased "performance" use, correct?

Didn't realize that there is study data that this medication may benefit ADHD as well. It might be of great benefit to me; perhaps I could even alternate between Adderall and Provigil in order to minimize tolerance.

This is intresting, what do you say to the DR. to get them to write Adderall, I took it once before and loved the way it made me feel, getting it from a friend.

MLB56 said:
This is intresting, what do you say to the DR. to get them to write Adderall, I took it once before and loved the way it made me feel, getting it from a friend.
I got a formal diagnosis of ADHD from a psychiatrist.

My prescriptions for Adderall are even more restrictive than my prescriptions for testosterone cypionate since Adderall is fucking schedule II. That means absolutely zero refills. And in the case of the state of Texas, the prescription must be filled within seven days of being written.

Provigil is schedule IV and they really should make Adderall at least schedule IV as well, considering that it _is_ a long term therapy medication and it just isn't addictive like the other drugs, such as narcotics, that you in schedule II.

Do you ge the same effect on this med as Adderall ? What are the difference, along with the side effect profile ?

MLB56 said:
Do you ge the same effect on this med as Adderall ? What are the difference, along with the side effect profile ?
I have not yet taken Provigil, so I cannot personally compare it to the observed effects of Adderall, which I do take. However, I expect that I will be trying Provigil soon; perhaps next week.

The exact mechanisms of action of Adderall and Provigil are not fully understood. Adderall, in particular, is dopaminergic and while I first read that Provigil is not, that appears to be false.

I'm trying to not set my expectation too high. I'll give the drug a try and see how it works out.

Last edited:
provigil

First of all provigil as some of the other members are saying it compares to Adderall( THIS IS WRONG)! Provigil is a wakefullness promoting agent used for narcolepsy and work shift sleep disorder. It is like a schedule 3 or actually I think itmaybe schedule 4. This is becuase it has low abuse and addictive properties due to the pharmicikokineticts of the drug. It has a very slow gradual onset taking 3-4 hours before it reaches it's peak in psychostimulant actions also the comedown is gradual and not really noticable it is mild. 100mg is toolow of a dose, 200mg is best but 400mg is not as good. It seems with some drugs less is more and more is less. It seems to not cause euphoria and really doesen't stimulate pleasure centers in the brain like other drugs. It works on wake promoting reticulum centers in the brain and seems to increase activity in the cuadate area. no frontal lobe stimulation or increased activity in the lymbic system in the midbrain. It really is different than other uppers. It barely suppresses appetite and wont make you los emuch more than 2 or 3 lbs. It may energize you mildly and intensivy your workouts. I took 200mg a day before and it made me feel awake but sort of restless and uncomfortable. If you choose an amphetamine keep the dosage low and make sure to eat righ or you will loose muscle wait not just fat. I would suggest for cutting up Masteron, winstrol, HGH, some cardio, or a goup of drugs used to treat parkinsons such as: amantadine, bromocriptime, even stronger ones would be pergolide, cabergoline, or L-Dopa. they increase muscle hardness, sex drive, growth hormone levels, and defintion and fat loss. They also lower prolactin which is a female hormone. THEY increase dopamine levels in the brain and this is one of the theories as to how they stimulate Hgh. give it a try. Hope this helps.

Good info Gab.

Just an aside, Im not interested in this drug for any other reason than simply to stay alert while cramming for exams. I certainly dont need it to lose weight or for any physical-related purpose. I dont think anyone else would benefit from this drug for any bodybuilding-related purpose either.

Dougoe,

Took my first dose today. 160mg suspended in 151. I will try a solution with peg when I use this up, as its hard to keep it suspended even with constant shaking!

Anyhow, I took it at about 8 am...then promptly took a nap! LOL...when I woke about 1.5 hrs later I went to class and did my day...diff was I didnt get that midday lull nor sleepy after a quizno's sub, chips and soda (diet freaks fuck off)...went to late class and then to the gym. I am tired now after a full day sans cat nap...so, I am sorta convinced...but then again placebo effect could be happening...

I will continue this dose for the week, then take a week off...then try another week at 240mg...

Looks promising...I dont think I can pull 40hrs to study, but taking those sleep attacks out of my system is sooooooo worth it to me...so we'll see!

J

Back