Shrugs....

Which do you prefer?

• Straight up and Down

Votes: 196 94.7%
  • Circular

Votes: 11 5.3%

• Total voters
yeah, pretty much anyone who voted "circular" is fuckin stupid. Get ready for major neck, rotor injuries.

Never got a good workout from circular. Straight up and down have always worked. Don't see the point in the circular ones.

w00t said:
i had a guy with traps the size of cantalopes tell me that to get a good trap workout what youve gotta do is.... basically get a standard 45 lbs. bar, put your hands about 10 inches apart, and then raise the bar to eye level and hold it for 3 seconds... and do that for 3 x 8... start adding weight if needed... i tried it and holy cow.. it works :)

Are you talking about upright rows? Anyone?

Yep its upright rows. Most people use it as a shoulder exercise and miss the benifit of using it as a trap exercise. pause at the top and control it all the way down I go for a min of 2-3 sec down, works great for me. I use to do power shruggs I liked them but I just a just a good result with other exercises that have less impact. I was doing over 800lbs for sets of 8 and just got to excesive for me, I didn't see much results from lower easier weights so I just quit doing them.

SkedMedz said:
Shrugs suck anyhow, as a way to massive Traps. I envy the holy shit out of guys who can built massive softballs on top of their delts w/ just that exercise. That's a sign of good genetics to say the least.

I got pretty big traps, at least for never have trained them :p
I think my shoulder routine takes care of that, but maybe it's just a matter of form?

re

many of my gym collegues do rotating traps,when i watch i can see the whole of the shoulder crying out not do do it,
i do standing upright rows,but i can shrug with 2 x120 db,need a bench each side of me for safety though,and a tight strap
lew

Back