Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

My photographer won't be in till later, so a random pic to keep you guys at bay for now..

I had an all-carb meal last MON, replacing my normal last feeding of day (high P/F shake) with this:

3/4 cup uncooked (makes ~2 1/4 cups prepared) Mahatma brown rice, w/ 1 TBS butter
1 cup frozen blueberries over top
7oz sweet potato
couple handfuls broccoli

was in the 750cal range

I know - blueberries over rice seemed kinda odd (was not what I intended, but had no banana on hand and dint want to run to the store, so I hit the Walgreen's outside of my addition)..but it was relly pretty damn tasty. :D

Am thinking I may just do this same thing, 2x this week, just to see how it pans out.

Quick update, of fair importance:
So I did end up getting some tennis in yesterday, @1.5hrs of more intensity/effort than I had planned (sh!t just got competitive out there on the courts and I had to step up my game a smidge)..
#1 - I forgot to bring my knee brace/wraps down, first time I played w/o them on since, 2010 I think?
#2 - Figured I'd be sore next day from the pounding of the hardcourt, as I always usually am.
#3 - Really let it loose on my serve, so was interested to see how L shoulder would feel.
And the result? My gawd, I feel fantastic this morning! Recovered insanely well (almost feel like I did nothing but a light practice session), shoulder is immaculate w/ no pain or twinges, back knees and legs are all good. Shoooot - I'm ready to play again!
(No can do, squats and lunges this day)

And - I seemed to have kicked into another level of leanness overnight. (tennis always does that to me)

Great sleep last night, night sweats receeded to point of almost not noticing anything this morning..
Gearing up for round #3 fellas!

Aaaaaand some random pics.
There will come a time when I won't have time to do this, so while I can I'll post 'em..besides - the grilled chicken breast was truly picturesque today, and perfectly made: juicy and tasty on the inside, grilled just right w/ a tad of olive oil & seasoning on the outside. Yum.

I've really become quite fond of this mid-day meal.

^^ Just kidding. :p

Had a buddy and his girl over last night, so made some sirloin patties on the grill.

My meal was actually this...(I only got 2 of them sirloin patties)

SO............................
is it week #3 when you're really supposed to take off on this stuff?

I anticipate big changes over this week and next..it is time to make my move.

Small update: True day of rest this day (no tennis or weights), only 2nd now since prep started.
Time to recover a bit..do it all again tomorrow.

Live update:

I just consumed (if that's the word for it) a ~1500cal cheat meal. :yum:
Macros as near as I can guesstimate it are ~200c/60p/40f ... doesn't really matter.
I was ravenous, for some reason. Had to feed the machine

Always the best part of the diet...Cheat meals keep me sane!
True, true..timing was spot-on for this too.
Filled out nicely this morning, fealing great, looking hard as nails.

As for what that meal was (in case anyone's curious), it really wasn't all that horrible:
deli turket breast sandwich w/ cheese on Ezekiel
an OhYeah! bar (the lone protein bar in my house, had to go anyway)
a box of parmesan Risotto (draped w/ extra grated parmesan) - yes, the full 4-serving box, this was 550 cals of it
and, the wonderful couple odd chunks of vanilla Almond Bark
(there's the sugar..wife used to use this stuff to dip & coat pretzels for the kids, saw it laying around - it had to go.)

We roll along..

Random pic of some misc food items I picked up this morning..

Brown rice syrup is part of my PWO concoction (along w/ dextrose + isolate)..trying the sunflower seed butter for the first time (found that coconut oil is not agreeing with me these days, for some reason - just hangs on me and makes me look watery)..almond milk is the only "milk" I drink..lovin this Bacon Bleu Cheese dressing right now (will be sad when I have to eliminate this for a week coming up)..had to re-up on Risotto for the next cheat meal.. ;)

Random pic of some misc food items I picked up this morning..

Brown rice syrup is part of my PWO concoction (along w/ dextrose + isolate)..trying the sunflower seed butter for the first time (found that coconut oil is not agreeing with me these days, for some reason - just hangs on me and makes me look watery)..almond milk is the only "milk" I drink..lovin this Bacon Bleu Cheese dressing right now (will be sad when I have to eliminate this for a week coming up)..had to re-up on Risotto for the next cheat meal.. ;)

Almond butter is awesome as well

Almond butter is awesome as well

hehe..corrected. :p

(note to self: never shop in the morning before your workout, when you're thinking about your workout..when you're in a hurry to get back to set up for your workout. it will save you a trip back to the store, for unnecessary return/exchanges.)

END WEEK #3
13 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Week 3 was when things really started coming together..

Weight: Holding in the 189-190lb range. Still amazed that I am packing away these amounts of cals, and struggling to hold on to weight. A cheat meal was added mid-week, on a non-WO day, on top of my regular fare -- this put the totals cals on that day ~5000.
Strength: I'm not one to judge & gauge effectiveness or progression by simply how much poundage I can move..still, I'm tossing around weights like they're toys. Yesterday was an intense leg session, best one yet of prep, and my ATG squats were strong, moving like a machine in there..very pleased in this department.
Stamina: After builiding myself up gradually in terms of activity first 2 weeks, I really let things all hang out during week 3. I feel, well, like a youngster again. :mexican:
Libido: LOL. Well, I been focused on a great many things currently, so the "desire" part has receeded..
(the dude downstairs just hasn't been on the same page; he seems to be always on the prowl, at the slightest whim)
Drive: If there is one thing that shines out to me even with all these positive facets, it is this category. I want to hit my sessions each day with ferocity..I want to train when I'm scheduled to rest..I dream about my workouts, and I even mess up my purchases at the grocery store because I have my training on the brain.
Recovery: No letdown, continues to be impeccable, despite my brutal and intense sessions.

Discussion:
The steroidal education of (and introduction to) Snag continues, and this week I was finally able to spend some more time researching and self-edifying. And there's a reason for that (other than my normal thirst for knowledge)..
First - all the minor nusances have mostly dissipated. Night sweats are gone (my sheets are thankful), no problems peeing (was only isolated few times)..no abnormal feeling in my testicles. The one nusance that remains, is a bit of acne. Nothing bad, but my back is broke out a tad, a little on my chest (chest could also be irritation from shaving it & tanning, no biggie).
One thing that did not go away but rather increased, was L nipple irritability and swelling. And so - safeguards were put in play to combat estrogen-related side effects going forward, in the form of Aromasin (exemestane), an aromatase inhibitor. Dosing started yesterday, at 12.5mg ED. So now, I'm taking 2 steroids. (watch out, I'm off the hook)

This stuff of course was new to me, altho I see it has been around and in use for well over a decade.
(and of course - on this site, I'm sure this is very old news)
Very intriquing..as is the whole field of steroidal compounds. So much here to learn..

Anyway, a small bit of info on exemestane below, for those who are curious or do not know.

Updated pics to follow later, gotta wait for the photographer.

OVERALL RATING, WEEK 3: Rolling. Like a boulder. Feel great! :whipping:

ABSTRACT FROM JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ENDOCRONOLOGY AND METABOLISM
Suppression of estrogen, via estrogen receptor or aromatase blockade, is being investigated in the treatment of different conditions. Exemestane (Aromasin) is a potent and selective irreversible aromatase inhibitor. To characterize its suppression of estrogen and its pharmacokinetic (PK) properties in males, healthy eugonadal subjects were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d with a 14-d washout period. Blood was withdrawn before and 24 h after the last dose of each treatment period. A PK study was performed (n = 10) using a 25-mg dose.
RESULTS :
The 25- and 50-mg doses of daily exemestane had comparable effects in suppressing circulating estrogen concentrations, with 38 ± 24% (mean ± SD; P = 0.002 vs. baseline) and 32 ± 29% (P = 0.008) decreases in estradiol concentrations, 71 ± 12% (P < 0.0001) and 74 ± 12% (P < 0.0001) decreases in estrone concentrations, and 45 ± 27% (P = 0.004) and 51 ± 20% (P = 0.02)

There was an increase in circulating testosterone concentrations after both 25 mg (60 ± 58%; P = 0.001) and 50 mg (56 ± 48%; P = 0.003) exemestane. Androstenedione concentrations were increased as well after 25 mg (32 ± 36%; P = 0.004) and 50 mg (47 ± 59%; P = 0.052) exemestane, respectively (Fig. 1Go and Table 2Go).
SHBG concentrations were decreased by 21 ± 7% (P = 0.0003) and 19 ± 39% (P = 0.18) at 25 and 50 mg exemestane, respectively.
Free testosterone concentrations were increased by 117 ± 74% (P = 0.0001) and 154 ± 95% (P < 0.0001) at both doses, due to the decrease in SHBG and the increase in total testosterone.
There were no changes in circulating serum triglycerides, cholesterol, or LDL or HDL cholesterol concentrations with either dose of exemestane.

The pics...

Have a lil loose skin under the bottom part of my chest right now. I don't think this will be an issue for long, tho, should be all right.
Made some movement on muscle development this week..still a long ways to go.
weird thing - my back looks more shredded in real life than on these pics. :<

Man, it's lonely in here. My log must have cooties or something.. :confused:

Anyway, a small(ish) update:
I don't usually get too excited over training arms, and I certainly don't like to report back on these sessions.

But - in only the second arm-focused routine I have done in prep (arms + abs this day), I am enthused.

The guys from Finaflex were kind enough to drop their new preWO product on me to see what I thought, Ignite 2. I wasn't going to use it for another week anyway, but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give it a sneak peek..tried 1/2 scoop today.

And with that, I was off & running. I've already said every training session has been explosively awesome, but this one seemed to kick into another gear. When I pull out 12-15 sets each just to focus on bi's & tri's -- you know I am in a zone.
(abs were sufficiently annihilated too, ~250 reps on various exercises)

I just felt good..dint wanna stop blowing up the guns!
Pics, first one after breakfast this morning, compared to following the workout.

Back