Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

It is strange because you have alot of views, 608 and only 2 pages in...
Lurkers! :p

lol..it's all good. I had no clue about the views.

Random note, Study: I am absolutely loving the way I look, upon rising, the morning after my high carb days (~500g)..
WOW. :beertoast

News, Notes, and Strategies..WEEK #4
Few odds & ends, heading into this week.

I've settled the diet at this point on:
caloric range of ~3450 on total off days, ~3850 on regular training days, and ~4250 on high carb/cal intake days.
carb rotation is ~235-250g on low days, ~335-350 on mid days, and ~500 on high days.
Gone is the 2x weekly hi-carb meal.

I don't make much mention of training, but here's the scoop on that front: I've dialed back my overlapping workouts, and streamlined to a more traditional 4-day split, straight sets, lower rep ranges (for now). Remember, constant change is my philosophy, and now that I've got my mojo back :D and some muscle memory springing into action, as well as progress on muscle development, it's time to focus more on that base development rather than shaping or trying to get striated. Trust me - my helter-skelter routine will come back into play, and not far down the road..

I said awhile back, I felt weeks 3 & 4 were gonna be big movers in the aspect of transition, and I am more convinced than ever that this week will continue building off last weeks progress..I am so excited, I feel like a kid in a candy store! :p

Muscle memory + steroids + my diet + my training are all coming together fellas..it's really fixing to get nasty up in heah!

A pic from this morning, after a shoulder session.
(no more pics till the w/e..I'm keeping you all in suspense, I promise)

Lurkers! :p

lol..it's all good. I had no clue about the views.

Random note, Study: I am absolutely loving the way I look, upon rising, the morning after my high carb days (~500g)..
WOW. :beertoast

:biggthump Keep it up bro, you are really looking better in each pic.

Thought I'd take a moment tonight and post a reprint of the concept of the AndroSeries, and how these products work.
As I learn more and more (and experience the very real and incredible effects of AMv3), the science and ingenuity of this development amaze me more and more.
One hell of a read......

Birth of the AndroSeries
February 5, 2011 by Eric Potratz

I can recall May 15th, 2010 pretty well.

I was outside the Primordial Performance office in Portland OR with one of the original Primordial Performance investors Dustin Adler, talking about the future of the company. The discussion wasn't really about Dustin's financial interest since he had already sold off his personal shares. He was really just obsessed with business and wanted to get a feel for the core concept of the company.

"Do you feel the business is doing well?" Dustin asked me.

"Yeah, our products are pretty solid, people like them, and as soon as we pay down some of our debt we should be able to release some new products" I replied, keeping a positive spin on the question.

Dustin slowed his walk. "Do you think Primordial is the greatest in the world at what it offers?" he asked inquisitively.

Greatest at what? I thought. I took a moment to think of a worthy reply. Dustin was a longtime friend and someone I respected very much. He had insightful information on a wide variety of topics, and always had a good sense – I knew the question was leading to something.

Before I could reply, he stopped, looked straight at me, and gave me a few words I would never forget -

"Eric, if everyone at PP is going to work 80 hours per week and pour every ounce of their life into this company shouldn't it be the greatest in at least something? If you aren't distinguishing yourself then this company just isn't that special, or its not taking big enough bets. It's time to break out or get out"

It was a challenge and it struck me like a bolt of lightning.

I understood what he meant and he was right. I was dwindling and not seizing opportunity to its fullest extent. Our products were good, but they could be so much better.

But what exactly could we or should we be the greatest in the world at? We had always worked towards the concept of having a great "men's health company", but that concept was so vague. We needed something more specific. I scanned my brain for the most noteworthy products we had developed since we started, and it was clear – Primordial Performance is in the business of selling steroids.

Definition of Greatness

With a clear objective in mind, it was time to figure out what defined the world's greatest steroid.

People's goals are different, so there would be no single greatest steroid. I also knew greatness couldn't simply be defined as simply being the most powerful. Methyltrienbolone is the most powerful anabolic steroid ever created, 300x stronger than testosterone, but it can't actually be used without causing severe liver and kidney damage – and that's not so great.

Considering the goals of most users, we decided the greatest steroids in the world must meet the following requirements:

Powerful
Safe
Easy to use
Reliable
Legal
Supported by the Manufacturer
Entrenched in R&D

Suddenly, life had renewed purpose and inspiration — Project AndroSeries was underway.

I arranged a meeting with our outside consultants and manufacturing team. The message was loud and clear

"We are going to produce the greatest steroidal formula the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industry has ever seen. We are pulling all stops and fully investing all resources"

I gathered every pertinent study I had and began tuning my steroidal cerebral. I tracked down over 200 full text scientific references on the pertinent topics – bioavailability, metabolism, pharmacokinetics, bio-equivalency, biological effects and more.
We had a number of goals to accomplish with this project, the most notable being -

***10003; A product that *****s the effectiveness and safety of injectable steroids
***10003; A series of products that can be stacked according to anabolic/androgenic preference
***10003; An oral delivery system that effectively delivers naturally occurring steroids
***10003; Increased cost effectiveness and safety over any other available steroid preparation
***10003; Portability and convenient dosing (softgels)
***10003; A product with a defendable legal status

At the peak of my research I had gathered so many papers, graphs, experimental notes, and info from outside consultants that I hired a personal secretary just to organize and record the information into an organized format.

Steroids & Legal Issues

As of 2011, nearly all "anabolic steroids" have been made illegal by the US congress. Anything that's not on the ban list, is still deemed illegal by default if it binds to the androgen receptor and has androgenic or anabolic effects. And if the compound is an anabolic steroid it isn't DSHEA or compliant with the FDA, DEA and USADA.

The steroid known as dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is explicitly exempted from the Anabolic Steroid Control Act, because it does not activate the androgen receptor in its original DHEA form – therefore it's not an anabolic steroid – that is, until it converts.

In other words, even though DHEA has anabolic and androgenic effects those effects are not seen until it's activated in the human body. Plus, because DHEA is a naturally occurring component in the food supply, it's legal to sell as a dietary supplement.

Plain old DHEA

As bodybuilders found out over a decade ago, regular DHEA is a poor mass builder, even if you take tons of it.

The theory was that since it converts to testosterone at a rate of about 1%, you can take enough of it to build muscle – but regular DHEA has several problems that prevent it from being a truly effective anabolic agent, explained briefly below -

Limitations of Standard DHEA

DHEA, less known as 5-DHEA, has several limitations that
prevent it from being a solid mass builder.

Problem #1 – Bioavailability & Absorption.
The bioavailability of DHEA is only about 2-3% (1) – and we fixed that problem with Liqua-Vade HTC — but there were still two major issues preventing DHEA from being an effective muscle builder.

Problem #2 – Calorie Burn Off.
The double bond in the 5th position makes the molecule very thermogenic with a tendency to increase the metabolism to burn off calories by heat generation by conversion to 7-oxo-DHEA. (2) This thermogenic effect makes the metabolism inefficient for muscle building because it burns calories off as heat rather than partitioning them towards muscle.

This effect would make DHEA a great recomposition agent, but a poor size or strength builder.

Problem #3 – Limited Anabolic Potency.
The double bond in the 5th position of regular DHEA also limits its anabolic potential. The main metabolite of DHEA is 5-androstenediol – which is a much weaker androgen than 4-androstenediol. Therefore, by moving the double bond over to the 4th position -
creating 4-DHEA – it becomes an immediate precursor to 4-androstenediol and the anabolic potential is greatly enhanced. (3-4)

It was clear to us that small modifications could be made to the DHEA molecule that would have big improvements on its biological effects – yet keeping its basic "DHEA" structure for legality purposes. The entire AndroSeries would be based around specifically chosen DHEA derivatives delivered in our latest generation of Liqua-Vade HTC – The result of which would blow away our previous generation of steroidal products.

After thousands of hours of focused R&D, I was ready to present the formula to the board of directors.

Making the pitch – Against all odds

The board meeting wasn't so much for approval as it was for moral support. I made the pitch to the board. Then the shots came…

"You understand these products will be too expensive right?"

"We can offer a payment plan. Besides, plenty of guys already pay over several hundred dollars a month for injectable gear or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) prescriptions, and this will be more convenient and cost effective." I replied.

"You understand the FDA or DEA will come after us once they hear the word ‘steroid' right?"

"The ingredients are DSHEA compliant and the word ‘steroid' is not illegal. We will have our position papers ready" I replied.

"You understand that if this product actually works big pharma is going to crush you right?"

"We will have an attorney armed and ready. If they try to bully us we will fight back." I replied.

"You understand that our credit is exhausted and it would take over 2 years to raise the funds to produce these products right?"

"Yes, that is why we will run a massive discontinuation sale on all current pro-hormone products to raise the capitol." I replied.

On Sept 12th 2010 we launched the Pro-hormone discontinuation sale. It created the biggest uproar Primordial Performance had ever seen. Accusations and rumors flew – "PP is selling out!", "It's a hostile takeover!", "They've been busted by the feds!", and "they are bluffing!" – none of it was true.

One thing was clear, this was going to be the most revolutionary thing Primordial Performance would ever do. This was the beginning of the AndroSeries.

Read more about the products here -

Primordial Performance | Nutritional Supplements and Fitness Supplements For Improved Body Contour and Sexual Prowess

Got to see my kids for the first time in weeks, last night. Took my daughter & my son out to eat, at this place called Casa's (great italian joint -- i watched my kids eat these massive plates of pasta, while i ate a salad and drank the shake i brought)..anyway, divorce is ruff, man.

Quick update on the day: following day off yesterday (#3 total rest day now for prep) and low cal intake, awoke this morning @188lbs.
Training today was a split session: back & abs in the AM, tennis for an hour in the early afternoon.
Felt good to get some tennis in, been 10 days since I last played! :eek:
I was due for some c-a-r-d-i-o. And it was best game I've played all year - and no knee brace or wraps again! :)

Brewed me up some anabolic chili here this morning, stepping outside the diet for the 2nd time of what will be, i guesstimate, numbers i can count on one hand. the diet i have is really pretty easy and fun - i might not be saying the same thing next week when i knock ~50g fat and my postWO shake off the plate every day. :eek:

chili is simple:
can of tomato juice
couple cans kidney beans
1.2lb extra lean beef
banana peppers/jalapeno peppers/red onion

bam.
makes ~1850 cals total, ~210c/200p/25f

divide in three equal portions, and i have 3 meals of a hi-carb day lined up.
yum.

Something amazing to look at here..

First pic was taken 1 month ago today, March 20..just a few days prior to starting AMv3.
(maybe now you can see why i was so depressed)
Next pic, one from today - albeit nice & swole after a hi-carb/hi-cal intake day yesterday.
Weight at 190 upon rising this morning.

Next - we focus on hardening for a minute.

END WEEK #4
12 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Week 4 continued to build on week #3 progress..

Weight: Holding in the 188lb range (190 after hi-carb/cal intake days). Cheat meal on highest caloric day this week was chili.
That may be the end of cheats for a good while..

Strength: Still rocking. Not setting any PR's - but certainly not trying to. This department is doing just fine.

Stamina: Plus plus..Actually toned down my kamikaze mentality a tad this week to focus on different development, stamina is fine with whatever I throw at it.

Libido: Again - no difference in "desire" levels, but
1) I am not putting myself in a position of availability; and
2) I am entirely focused on the task at hand, so nothing else really enters my thought process.
Did notice some random "attentiveness" down there again, when my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) kicked in..that is still happening currently.

Drive: Still going strong, but did notice a slight downtick in mental preparedness at the beginning of 2 sessions this week. The workouts themselves have been fine once I'm in the groove, but it's just getting motivated those few times..a first for this, thru entire prep.

Recovery: A 12, on a 1-10 scale. Can't say anything more here. Even playing tennis/recovering is like a blast from the past.

Discussion:
With 1/4 of the prep complete, I'm pretty happy with where things sit - I don't think I could ask for anything more.
All small nusances have been vanquished, and even the nipple sensitivity/irritation has been nipped in the bud. :D
The only thing I noticed new this week, was a bit more hair than usual in my shower drain guard; yes, it does appear I am shedding a tad. Maybe I'm feeling empathy pains with my cat..it is springtime, y'know. :p
I fully was prepared for this possibility, and am not too concerned. Aside from it being temporary as I understand it, if it gets too bad, I'll just shave the dome, Vin Diesel style, and save money on my monthly haircut.

Anyway: I was debating how exactly to proceed with my hardening week going forward, and what tweaks to make to the diet. So many options available..but, I want to choose the BEST one, of course. AMv3 has certainly impacted my metabolism enough that I will not be able to do what I usually do, insofar as the massive (radical) swings in the diet, ie eliminating 1000cals daily from the diet plan.
I am a fan, generally speaking, of small changes to the diet; gradual modifications - especially when in prep mode..however, my body can also handle (and respond well to) massive shifts in the pendulum as well..
After sharing my concerns and dilemma with Matt Porter, he kinda confirmed what I was feeling I needed to do - that is, a bit bigger than slight and a lot smaller than radical. :)
With that in mind, this week I essentially make only 1 major change to the diet:
the added fats (mainly heavy whipping cream) are eliminated from my 3 daily shakes. This modification (and very slight tweaks elsewhere) will eliminate roughly 450cals daily from the daily fare. The PWO shake will remain in play - I feel even on steroids, if I try to eliminate both at once, I'll look like a skeleton in days..
A fatburner comes into play, to aid the goal to leanness..taking at 1/2 recommended dosing daily..
Also, will bring Ignite2 into action all this week.

So, we'll see what happens. Pics will be coming tomorrow as my photographer couldn't make it today..also, today is a day off (#4 now in prep) simply due to having other issues requiring my attention this day. (I made up for it with split AM/PM sessions 2 of the last 3 days tho..)

OVERALL RATING, WEEK 4: No letdown, no problems, ready for Week #5.. Feel great!

The pics..shifts in the diet and off day low intake yesterday have me a lil flat today.
Should correct itself by end of week.

and a random shot of this meal..no chicken breast on hand, so we substitute some tuna (the Starkist Select Solid Light is actually pretty damn tasty, good change of pace) and egg whites, and throw in couple slices smoked turkey deli meat.

I love the balance of your meals. I tend to be boring when dieting (especially if I am calculating macros) and seem to eat the same things way too often.

Variety is the spice of life, brutha!
I've done the prep thing with same fare day after day....boring.
When you get enough experience to know macros on the fly, you can swap things out at last minute even, without missing a beat on diet structure.

And - the palate will thank you. :)

I really gotta stop taking these cold, depleted weekly pics in my posing trunks..
if nothing else, to make myself feel better about where I'm at. :p
(kidding..pics will remain in cold state thruout)

BUT - Pic this morning, after a back/arms session.
Tennis on tap for this afternoon, another split day..diggin it.

I love the balance of your meals. I tend to be boring when dieting (especially if I am calculating macros) and seem to eat the same things way too often.
one more for you bro..a different twist on that same meal.
still no chicken breast on hand, and dint feel like a sweet potato today either, sooo..

-deli meat smoked turkey breast w/ slice of reduced fat cheese, on 2 slices toasted Ezekiel
-can Starkist Select (again)
-the obligatory broccoli (only veggie i eat really)
-slice of cr Ezekiel, toasted (of course)
-2 egg whites

~same macros, micros pretty decent this way too. ;)

Speaking of food..
after recalculating & fine-tuning the macros, here's where I sit for this week:
~2900cals, 205g c/350g p/75g f

That's regular daily fare. I figure I'll run this straight thru for week, no carb-up days or altering the caloric load..will see where I sit then.

PostWO shake (in addition to regular daily fare) remains:
~440cals, 75g c/30g p/1.5g f
(40g dextrose + 35g brown rice syrup + 30g isolate)

As I don't have many non-training days, you can figure my total cals at ~3350 daily.

Awoke this morning much tighter - of course, I always do after tennis days..
weight at 186 upon rising.

Very happy with dietary set-up now, think I have a good framework going forward, to reach my goals.

oooooo..will touch on today's training a bit, cuz it was really special.
blasted da wheelz something fierce! was very pleased, considering i was a tad bit sore from playing tennis in the wind yesterday (more quick movement/shifts than usual), and a smidgen short on energy, due to the caloric load reduction..
so, i found myself having 2 Ignite myself a bit this morning (roll with me on the play on product name fellas :D), bumping up to 3/4 scoop, and just had a fantastic session.

went like this:
-ATG squats 5x8/8/8/7/6
-DB lunges 3x10/10/8
-DB Romanian deads 4x12/10/8/8
-lying leg curls 4x12/12/10/8
-DB one-legged calf raise 5x15/15/15/12/12

5min light glider action warm-up & cool-down
1min45sec rests thruout till curls/calves, then 1min rests for those

spectacular! i can't walk! :p
(gotta mow the yard later, will be good stretching, ha)

one more for you bro..a different twist on that same meal.
still no chicken breast on hand, and dint feel like a sweet potato today either, sooo..

-deli meat smoked turkey breast w/ slice of reduced fat cheese, on 2 slices toasted Ezekiel
-can Starkist Select (again)
-the obligatory broccoli (only veggie i eat really)
-slice of cr Ezekiel, toasted (of course)
-2 egg whites

~same macros, micros pretty decent this way too. ;)

Looks awesome. Funny you say that about broccoli, I am terrible with eating veggies, so whenever it fits into my macros to do so, I tend to go with broccoli. The recomp I have planned for a little over a month from now will implement zucchini as well.

Looks awesome. Funny you say that about broccoli, I am terrible with eating veggies, so whenever it fits into my macros to do so, I tend to go with broccoli. The recomp I have planned for a little over a month from now will implement zucchini as well.
love me some zucchini! just takes too long to prepare/cook the way i like it, so i rarely have the time to utilize it. broccoli is just too easy.

also - i never count my veggies in my macros, bro. fibrous green veggies are not gonna have an impact, what with the digestive energy they force the body to use.

for HereToStudy:

again, same meal, roughly same macros..felt like grilling some beef this afternoon (getting my kabob action on later tonight for supper, yum) so went with
4oz 96% lean beef
1/2 cup black beans
broccoli (of course)
4oz deli turkey breast on 2 pieces toasted Ezekiel (hold the cheese today)

dig it. :)

Back