Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

love me some zucchini! just takes too long to prepare/cook the way i like it, so i rarely have the time to utilize it. broccoli is just too easy.

also - i never count my veggies in my macros, bro. fibrous green veggies are not gonna have an impact, what with the digestive energy they force the body to use.

I worded that strangely, I suppose. I have a "target" for vegetable intake during my low carb portions of the cycle.

for HereToStudy:

again, same meal, roughly same macros..felt like grilling some beef this afternoon (getting my kabob action on later tonight for supper, yum) so went with
4oz 96% lean beef
1/2 cup black beans
broccoli (of course)
4oz deli turkey breast on 2 pieces toasted Ezekiel (hold the cheese today)

dig it. :)

Definitely digging it!

even in low-carb, or in keto cycles, i still never count fibrous green veggies in macros!
eat them in abundance, they are only helpful to the cause.

A note on hardening week:
Not going as planned..androgens have definitely affected my metabolism, and AMv3 did not like the sudden large decrease in calories. :(
After holding true to plans thru middle of day yesterday, decided I needed me some dirty macros. So, had 2 MetRX Big 100 Colossal bars (Sweet & Salty, love those things) and a box of Risotto, as well as my planned splurge of 1.3lbs of kabobs (12oz sirloin, rest in veggies) for dinner. I then followed with 5oz deli meat and a salad for my last meal, instead of my usual protein shake.
This is also the first prep where I have utilized ANY protein shakes - before, I have always used whole foods the entire time. Basing this prep around steroids for the first time, I made a concession here to the need for increased caloric intake, and realized there was just no way I was going to be able to make all the food I needed to, in whole-food form.
(for comparison - my other preps always had me below 2500cals for the majority of time, and even down below 2000 at some points)
So..the learning experience continues..I'll get things figured out yet!

Off day yesterday (day #5 of prep now, in 5th week), looking forward to chastizing the chesticles and subjogating the shoulders this morning. :)

....and the training session..wow, was it a good one.

First of all, an addtl note on diet:
One thing I discussed with Matt Porter - he is a big fan of utilizing salt thruout prep..makes lower carbs & final weeks of process much easier.

So, with that in mind, I have upped my salt intake, and the deli meats I been eating here recently (altho good macros for my purposes) do of course contain a tremendous amount of sodium, like ~350mg per 2oz serving, and I'm eating multiple servings..also, I've always salted my cooked eggs and hard-boiled egg whites generously, sweet potatoes and black beans as well..the protein powders I'm using have fair amounts of sodium included..

BUT - sodium intake was much higher than usual yesterday..weight today was 190.8(!!!) upon rising, a bigger jump than usual.

Also, joints were tighter and stiffer than usual..no doubt, I'm holding more water than usual.

All that said - the workout was an absolutely incredible session! And the pump - my gawd..

couple pics, first one showing my sweat (thru the UnderArmour and the sweatshirt), even in a bit cooler environment this morning..and a couple showing off my pumped-ness. :p

This will have to do for progress pics for the week, as I'm dropping back to every-other-Saturday full-body shots now.

(you guys will get bored seeing me every week, anyway - we don't want that>>>>):D

hard to believe i was almost ~5lbs lighter and flat as hell yesterday morning - hence the decision to do something drastic.
hardening week is over..scrap that idea at this stage of the game.

At the end of this it would be interesting to hear your comparison between prep with sodium manipulation vs. without.

A note on training:
fantastic back/abs session this morning, as I utilized some different combinations today.
pull-ups, behind-neck cable pulldowns, straight-arm DB pullovers, and regular deadlifts were the order of the day, followed by ab work which included DB side-bends.
(will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes, when I run DB explosive jump squats and GHR's a day following DLs..looking forward to it!)

END WEEK #5
11 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Week 5 presented an interesting lesson...

Weight: This morning upon rising, coming in at 190.0 even....dipped as low as 186.2 on Wednesday morning after cutting cals back to 3350 for 4 days+, finding out that overtraining + reduced cals did not go well even with (or rather - especially with) steroids. From Wednesday afternoon thru rest of that night ate some "other cals" not normally in the diet, and bumped up overall intake to ~4500 that day, and awoke next morning at 190.8..back to ~3850cals daily and holding from here on out as I make smaller changes going forward, and work in a carb-rotation schedule..further modifications made that Wednesday include a conscious effort to utilize salt more than I already do (which I had thought was generous), and keeping track of water intake (currently ~2.5g daily, not including my 3 diet Mountain Dew Code Red's I drink daily).

Strength: Incredibly consistent and on, every single day..

Stamina: Inserted Ignite2 into the daily regimen on training days, and this category took off to another level after waning just a wee bit, during the 5th week.

Drive: See above - same applies here. I'm sure the reduced caloric load/no carb bump diet had affected the overall energy reserves, and I relied on Ignite2 a lil more to get me thru the training sessions..this seems to have corrected itself toward the last half of the week, as dietary changes were made and energy levels were more favorable.

Recovery: Still recovering insanely well, no issues whatsoever while I am putting my body thru tremendous paces.

Discussion:
I don't know why I'm surprised by what happened this week, but I am: reduction to a mere (!!!) 3350cals on training days just was too drastic, and it did not take long for my body to let me know it. After maintaining my weight thruout the last couple weeks, lost 2lbs pretty rapidly, and was flatter than a pancake after couple days. So, the "cheat day" Wednesday certainly set me back on course, and provided a great lesson to me: do not try to cheat the AMv3 out of calories!!! :p
This was really not the right strategic approach anyway..at this stage, and as lean as I already am, I had no business trying to rush the process..also, it is the wrong product to try to use for that purpose. I could see going backward pretty rapidly, if you are not eating enough to feed the muscle.
So - with that, lesson learned, and new strategy mapped..to wit: don't overthink it, and K.I.S.S. (not what you're thinking guys, it means Keep It Simple Steve :afro:) and thx to Mr. Porter for drilling that into my head, as well as couple of old friends around trhe boards...
Going forward, not gonna stray too far off this 3850cal mark while on AMv3 - will rely on carb-rotations as mentioned above, and small manipulations in the fat/protein portions on higher carb days..also, gone is Ignite2 for now; will bring this back in 3 weeks or so, using it now only if I really need a boost on a particular day. I have every intention of making this can last me all prep.
Fat burner will remain in play, at least for another 3 weeks.
And I think that covers it all for this week..

OVERALL RATING, WEEK 5: Still rocking and rolling over here...crushing the training...feeling, well, very alpha and in control of all things (even if it takes me a minute to figure out the diet part).. :p
I absolutely love this!

Notes for today..
I must be nutz - gearing up to maul the wheelz this morning; tennis on tap for this afternoon..
Not exactly optimal, but hey I gotta play tennis when weather/opponents are cooperative & available.

Sharing a recipe I had for breakfast, I call it Egg McSnag.
-5oz extra lean beef (96%), with
-3 egg whites
-slice of Kraft American cheese, on
-2 pieces Ezekiel
In itself, ~425cals
(also included in breakfast was slice of CR Ezekiel, buttered w/ 1tsp butter, and side bowl of 1/4cup oats sprinkled w/ cinnamon and drizzled with almond milk)
Total cals, ~625, and ~65g carbs on a higher carb rotation day.

The Egg McSnag is usually made with 1 whole egg+1 egg white (instead of 3 egg whites), but adjustments had to be made this morning as I wanted to keep fat ~my target range of 15g to accommodate the extra carbs, and stay within daily calorie count..

progress continues to go well..pic from this morning, lil more leaning out, weight 189 today.
random pic of meal i am eating now..one of my stranger combinations, but pretty tasty.
(i love black beans)
5oz tuna
2oz deli turkey breast
2oz deli smoked turkey
1 cup black beans
1.5 cups broccoli

Man I haven't had black beans in quite some time...definitely making it on this weeks grocery list.

random pic of some foods i'm mauling right about now..
5oz 96% lean beef (covered w/ French's Dijon w/ chardonnay)
4oz sirloin steak (left over from kabobs the other night)
2oz deli turkey breast
4oz salad w/ 1TBS balsamic + 1TBS oilve oil vinaigrette, topped w/ croutons

tasty. ;)

agency..you..look..frikin awesome man! you meals look really tasty too. cant believe you are eating that much and still loosing the pounds...damn your awesome genetics..damn youuuu!! heheh

keep it up man..will be following along.

agency..you..look..frikin awesome man! you meals look really tasty too. cant believe you are eating that much and still loosing the pounds...damn your awesome genetics..damn youuuu!! heheh

keep it up man..will be following along.
welcome aboard, brown! :)
LOL on the boldened - trust me, i can't believe it either. while genetics surely play a part, and my energy expenditure is very high right now -- note that i have NEVER consumed close to this amount of intake, while concurrently shedding bodyfat and getting harder..it's truly wild.

thanks for your support!

END WEEK #6
10 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Weight: This morning upon rising, coming in at 190.8....this is slightly up from last week, as I continue to swap out bodyfat for small increases in musculature.

Strength: This category continues to shine brightly - in fact, on Friday's leg session, I was squatting more weight than I have in a very long time - we're talking couple years here.
(while the workout was partly fueled by some controlled and targeted "rage" I was letting out, make no mistake - strength is above board in every facet).

Stamina: Like strength, goes hand in hand and continues to be impressive.

Drive: While not lacking nor lethargic by any means, the initial ability to get going and "psyched" for the training sessions has seemed to level off a bit. I used the Ignite a few times this week - still at 1/2 scoops.

Recovery: Still off the charts..pulling two-a-days here & there - for example, Thursday morning I did back & abs in AM, played an hour of tennis in PM, and was fresh for leg day on Friday morning - recovering great from those sessions.. Soreness has been almost non-existent, and it's NOT due to slacking or failure to dig deep and push for all I've got.

Discussion:
Making some small modifications in diet this week, time to start a gradual drop in caloric consumption..also this week, "posing practice" becomes incorporated more frequently, and for longer & more focused durations..also, I start flexing and holding the bodypart being worked for 20-30sec within the workout, more frequently than I already do.

One rather substantial change in the plan going forward: due to a shortage of AndroLEAN, I will be running the beta version, and have only enough supply for 40 days. SO, swapping out my plans a bit, will be running AndroHARD and Mechabol at the 8 week mark, then throwing AndroLEAN in at 40 days out.

Summary: In a holding pattern of sorts, as I have grown comfortable with the dietary resources/amount of consumption and don't want to tweak too much for now..will enjoy these last 2 weeks of AMv3 product, while looking ahead to the changes that are to come.

Back