Something a little different...

not a great day today. just didn't have any motivation to get in the gym. Didn't do any MetCon work just my lifts and pull ups.

12/17

Deads - 415x5x1
Weighted Pull Ups - 10/8/8 - Did much better on these. I asked the wife for a weighted vest for Xmas. I should be able to do 20 dead hangs no problem after a while.

Had a piece of Red Velvet cake today at our Xmas luncheon at work and i have been craving carbs all day. This weekend is gonna be ugly. :D

not a great day today. just didn't have any motivation to get in the gym. Didn't do any MetCon work just my lifts and pull ups.

12/17

Deads - 415x5x1
Weighted Pull Ups - 10/8/8 - Did much better on these. I asked the wife for a weighted vest for Xmas. I should be able to do 20 dead hangs no problem after a while.

Had a piece of Red Velvet cake today at our Xmas luncheon at work and i have been craving carbs all day. This weekend is gonna be ugly. :D

Whats wrong Sally? You getting soft on us?:flipoffha

You can still overtrain with that Metcon stuff. You should Eat cake all weekend long, I hear its great for recovery.

dude... red velvet sounds soooo amazing right now... I might have to go to the cheese cake restaurant.... nothing but cheese cake. and any type you want. they have almost 200 different flavors and forms.... gets me aroused just thinking of it.

Whats wrong Sally? You getting soft on us?:flipoffha

You can still overtrain with that Metcon stuff. You should Eat cake all weekend long, I hear its great for recovery.

it didn't even feel overworked... just one of those days where i didn't wanna go.

prolly the cake, coming home from work early and not taking a nap when my son did. i bet that would of done it. lol

weighted vests must be the rage now - 2 guys at the gym just got them. one just walks around with it, but the other does 30" box jumps! and he's like 5'-6" tall1 calves like my thighs - hahahahaha. I had a huge carb fest yesterday and it left me craving a bagel with PB & J at midnight after my workout! - guess thats what the cardio is for..............

Stay away from the red velvet, buddy! (My wife was decorating gingerbread houses today w/ 6 kids - the house will be FULL of m&m's, peppermints, etc. when i get home....Courage!

weighted vests must be the rage now - 2 guys at the gym just got them. one just walks around with it, but the other does 30" box jumps! and he's like 5'-6" tall1 calves like my thighs - hahahahaha. I had a huge carb fest yesterday and it left me craving a bagel with PB & J at midnight after my workout! - guess thats what the cardio is for..............

Stay away from the red velvet, buddy! (My wife was decorating gingerbread houses today w/ 6 kids - the house will be FULL of m&m's, peppermints, etc. when i get home....Courage!

Damn Lean that will take some courage, I'd be one fat sob at your house.

it didn't even feel overworked... just one of those days where i didn't wanna go.

Everyone has those days once in a while, probably good to take it easy for a day anyways.

i don't like gingerbread, but i can tear up some RV cake.

I think this weekend is just gonna be a feast of the good sorts. Tomorrow BK will have an RJ visit and Sunday is xmas dinner at the in laws. Lets shoot for 15000 total cals by Sunday night!! :D

felt better today. i think the low carbs have started to make me feel a little flat. No energy loss, just feeling flat. So I'm gonna slowly add some in and see what happens.

12/18

"Cindy jerked me OFF"

1 Power Clean & Jerk 135#
1 rnd of Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats)
2 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
3 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
4 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
5 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
6 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
7 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
8 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
9 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
10 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy

Time - 20:45 Not the hardest workout i've done, but completely smoked nonetheless. Now its time to eat!!

i don't like gingerbread, but i can tear up some RV cake.

I think this weekend is just gonna be a feast of the good sorts. Tomorrow BK will have an RJ visit and Sunday is xmas dinner at the in laws. Lets shoot for 15000 total cals by Sunday night!! :D

Checkout what i faced when i got home - PLUS all the left over candy!

felt better today. i think the low carbs have started to make me feel a little flat. No energy loss, just feeling flat. So I'm gonna slowly add some in and see what happens.

12/18

"Cindy jerked me OFF"

1 Power Clean & Jerk 135#
1 rnd of Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats)
2 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
3 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
4 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
5 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
6 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
7 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
8 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
9 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy
10 PC&J
1 rnd of Cindy

Time - 20:45 Not the hardest workout i've done, but completely smoked nonetheless. Now its time to eat!!

Not the hardest...? Jesus dude Cindy x 10? That's hardcore, bro.

Well momma and I got into the booze last night after the Xmas feast, so after some crazy monkey sex on the couch, it was 130am before we got to bed. Needless to say I was moving a little slow this morning, but ended up having a great workout.

My warmup sets for squats felt heavy as hell, but the work sets went up fairly well.

Also of note, after researching these HGH fragments for the past year, with no real empirical data that they work, I've decided to give them a try. Will be doing 500mcg/d of HGH Frag 176-191 for 60 days. Not gonna change my diet, routine or anything so i can see whats up. My diet is pretty clean with the exception of the occasional cheat, so it should be alright. I'll be starting within a week.

12/20

Squats - 385x5x3
OH Press - 205x5x3 (had a little help with these the last two reps. Got em myself, but took a little mental "touch" to help me. I see having to reset in a week or so.
Weighted Pull Ups - 11/8/7, dropped the pack then did 7 forced reps, then did 5 jumping pull ups.

I havn't had a back/lat pump like that ever i don't think. Having a wide waist I have always had to really on my delts to make me look wide, but if this program works, and my lats continue to grow, i may see a new change to my body comp.

Had a nice ribeye tonight also. :D

Nice workout Brotha, I'm looking forward to trying out those standing OH presses myself. Nice weight on those.

And I'll definitely be watching to see how you like that HGH Frag 176-191.

Nice workout Brotha, I'm looking forward to trying out those standing OH presses myself. Nice weight on those.

And I'll definitely be watching to see how you like that HGH Frag 176-191.

thanks. they suck ass for sure. my shouders are killing me. lol

I have to say this is the strongest i have been pound for pound [naturally] before so its nice seeing progression.

I think i'm gonna try and convince the young bucks i train with to do PBs workout with me once we stall on this routine. Still do the metcon stuff, but more of a hypertrophic thing for a while. I miss that workout now that all you guys are trying it. lol

I have to say this is the strongest i have been pound for pound [naturally] before so its nice seeing progression.
What do you weigh btw? Oh, I forgot you don't like the scale. Still, I got 30lbs or so on you and struggling to come close to that weight.

I think i'm gonna try and convince the young bucks i train with to do PBs workout with me once we stall on this routine.
I'm lovin it so far.

What do you weigh btw? Oh, I forgot you don't like the scale. Still, I got 30lbs or so on you and struggling to come close to that weight.

I'm lovin it so far.

haha.i think i'm about 235lbs. I haven't been on the scale in a while, but i feel a shitload fuller and i bet this routine has added a little mass. Who knows? If i get stronger I get bigger.

OK, tonights workout was another wild ride. My technique is getting better on cleans, but damn is that weight getting heavy. My fourth set i lost the tech a little and had a tough time getting the reps. slowed down for set five and it was much better.

12/21

Power Cleans - 205x3x5
Weighted Dips - 32/27/20, stripped the pack, went to failure (like 4 reps), then forced reps with help (about 8), then went to the tricep pushdown machine and did like 20 reps with 70 or 80 pounds. It looked like Synthol in my triceps. One of the young guys i train with is a nutcase. Always yelling and really motivating, which would normally bother me, but he loves to push, and is a damn good trainer with his clients, so i don't mind cause god knows i wouldn't push myself if i was by myself. lol

MetCon

15 Hang Cleans 135#
15 Burpees

3 rounds - 7:22

This was a 7/10 on the difficulty meter. But fuck me my breathing was so heavy when i got done i thought i was gonna hurl. I could barely move. The guys i train with are anywhere from 30-100lbs less than i am, so its interesting to see how we respond to these MetCons in different ways.

One other note, this is prolly (cause I'm clean) the most taxed my CNS has been weekly that i can remember. Once we change routines i'm taking some time off. lol

Good work on those cleans man, sounds like your form is getting better overall even with 1 bad set.
No matter how many cleans I did my form always changed a bit with heavy ass weight. Same with push press. I think if you keep progressing it's tough to have perfect form when getting close to failure.
Keep it up hombre

Good work on those cleans man, sounds like your form is getting better overall even with 1 bad set.
No matter how many cleans I did my form always changed a bit with heavy ass weight. Same with push press. I think if you keep progressing it's tough to have perfect form when getting close to failure.
Keep it up hombre

i agree. I think we'll hit the ten week mark once our two resets are done, but we'll see. And you're right. The push press is getting progressively more challenging just to stand up straight at lock out. lol

I love the hardcore low volume RJ... This routine looks super efficient and fun because it's ever changing. I love seeing big ripped dudes lifting heavy, showing the 150's what building muscle is all about.

Thanks Milk. its been fun.

OK, so trained in the morning today since we're off work, didn't feel too bad but i always like training when i have at least 3 meals in. Oh well. Front squats still feel super easy.

12/23

Front Squats - 285x5x3
Bench Press - 330x5x3
Weighted Dips - 26/18/16 - I think i had about 3-4 more pounds in the pack. I can't wait to get a weighted vest so its more accurate. Of course my delts were still blasted from Tuesday's workout.

Had a big carb afternoon yesterday so I feel full as hell today. I heart carbs.

Back