Something a little different...

Lots of creative stuff here..My dad is big into these kind of workouts, and actually does a lot of the same stuff now that he's not going heavy all the time anymore.
What kind of changes in the physique have you noticed since transitioning from the heavy weight routines, into doing more cardio intense workouts like these? Feeling any faster yet? A year or two ago my pops started training like this along with triathlon training in order to trim down some of the muscle he was holding and be able to maintain the best he can as he gets older. Seemed to work out real well for him.

haha gotta love the snow dude..My flights got canceled and I'm actually stuck in Florida till thursday now, not that I'm complaining though lol

Lots of creative stuff here..My dad is big into these kind of workouts, and actually does a lot of the same stuff now that he's not going heavy all the time anymore.
What kind of changes in the physique have you noticed since transitioning from the heavy weight routines, into doing more cardio intense workouts like these? Feeling any faster yet? A year or two ago my pops started training like this along with triathlon training in order to trim down some of the muscle he was holding and be able to maintain the best he can as he gets older. Seemed to work out real well for him.

haha gotta love the snow dude..My flights got canceled and I'm actually stuck in Florida till thursday now, not that I'm complaining though lol

look thru the pages, I'm still doing plenty of heavy weight stuff, just adding in short MetCons instead of long boring cardio sessions to get my self in better shape inside. The MetCons usually last less than 10 minutes, as this is really the only amount of time you have major benefit cardiovascularly. Anything over 20 minutes is counter-productive.

As for the changes, i feel great. I'm getting leaner, the only problem is I'm kind of stuck cause all my old muscle memory is back, so the weight is there, but I feel like i can run a million miles, so my joints suffer. I'm def lighter on my feet and can go at 100% much longer than before. But i like being strong, so I'm not giving that up either.

look thru the pages, I'm still doing plenty of heavy weight stuff, just adding in short MetCons instead of long boring cardio sessions to get my self in better shape inside. The MetCons usually last less than 10 minutes, as this is really the only amount of time you have major benefit cardiovascularly. Anything over 20 minutes is counter-productive.

As for the changes, i feel great. I'm getting leaner, the only problem is I'm kind of stuck cause all my old muscle memory is back, so the weight is there, but I feel like i can run a million miles, so my joints suffer. I'm def lighter on my feet and can go at 100% much longer than before. But i like being strong, so I'm not giving that up either.

You're a fraud, bro! I pictured you as a surfer dude living in the 90210 and chasing the starlet skirts in Bev Hills! hahahaha And the Avi doesn;t help - could be Venice beach - LOL

Anyways - I'm curious about your cardio comment 10 mins, 20 mins, etc. What's up w/ that? i know 20 mins is a min for fat burning - 10 mins? I'm trying to get my cardio in shape now, but it's tough on cycle - I'm feeling like an old windbag - LOL - I imagine that i can improve it tho if i stick to the HIIT (Boxing) cardio. That's kicking my ass.

You're a fraud, bro! I pictured you as a surfer dude living in the 90210 and chasing the starlet skirts in Bev Hills! hahahaha And the Avi doesn;t help - could be Venice beach - LOL

Anyways - I'm curious about your cardio comment 10 mins, 20 mins, etc. What's up w/ that? i know 20 mins is a min for fat burning - 10 mins? I'm trying to get my cardio in shape now, but it's tough on cycle - I'm feeling like an old windbag - LOL - I imagine that i can improve it tho if i stick to the HIIT (Boxing) cardio. That's kicking my ass.

I'm talking strictly conditioning as a whole. I'm new to the whole idea, but the logic is sound. I have increased my cardiovascularity 5 fold since starting this MetCon method. And like i always say, fat loss is primarily based on diet. If you're killing the cardio to lose a bunch of fat, your diet is fucked.

Alright, what a difference a week and some change off does to the old CNS. I felt great today and was stronger on legs than I was before i took off.

1/12

Squats - 405x5x2
Leg Press - 8 plates a sidex12
9 plates a sidex12 (easy, will go up next time)
SLDLs - 195x10x2
Weighted sit ups - 2 sets of 12 holding a 25lb plate

great overall workout for the first day back after the break. Looking forward to the next two days of catching up.

My appetite was weird today. Never really hungry all day. Wonder if the frag is doing that? hmmmmm

1/13

Flat BB - 340x5x1, 345x5x1
Incline BB - 245x5x1, 265x5x1
Pec Deck - 280x12x2
Side Laterals - 25x12x1
Tricep Pushdowns - 65x35x1, 65x29x1

Felt really strong again today. I love taking time off. Although I know I'm gonna be really sore this weekend. lol

I haven't done incline BB in years, so i just picked a weight. The last set was tough, but it went up easy. Definitely starting with 275 next week.

Well, i have no idea if was the time off, or if it may be the GH frag, or both, but I am felling like a bull in the gym the last three days. And although I'm sore, no joint pain at all. Be nice if this keeps up. lol

1/14

Deads - 425x5x1, 435x5x1
BB Rows - 225x8x1, 245x8x1
Close Grip Pulldowns (palms facing) - 220x8x1, 220x6x1
BB Curls - 135x8x1, 135x7x1

My legs are sore as shit from leg day wednesday, so i was gonna pull from the rack, but said fuck it since i just got a new box of chalk. lol Ended up being a great pull day and i felt great. This is definitely the strongest I've ever been natty. I usually use the Smith for my BB rows, but it was down so i used the regular bar. Actually felt great and I may switch back for awhile.

worked out with my old training partner today. Damn we get motivated when we train together. Plus, he's black, so MLK day was a good day to go nutz!!! lol

1/17

Front Squats - 275x5, 295x5, 315x5
Leg Press - 9plates a sidex12, 10platesx10, 11platesx9
SLDLs - 245x10x2
Some heavy abs then outta there.

Lovin the strength increases.

still seeing bumps in strength and my joints feel great. if it is the frag, I'm loving it. even if I'm still fat. :D

1/18

Flat BB - 355x5, 355x5 (2 with help)
Incline BB - 295x5, 315x5 (3 with help)
Peck deck - 2 sets
Side laterals - 2 sets
Tri Pushdowns - 2 sets to 85 total reps.

ok RJ ive read through this whole thread and it seems quite interesting. im just wondering how you create or where you are getting your workouts from. it seems that you never do the same workout twice

ok RJ ive read through this whole thread and it seems quite interesting. im just wondering how you create or where you are getting your workouts from. it seems that you never do the same workout twice

good question. basically, when i started, i used the document below to come up with ideas. Now, some of them are longer than the desired 10 minutes. But they are still great cardio busters. The key is to not do too many exercises, too many sets, too much weight or too many reps that you can't do at 100% max effort for the whole time. Thats the most important part. 100% intensity non-stop. You should wanna puke after each workout and wanna die during the workout.

Once i got used to what types of exercises worked best with what, i started making up my own. What keeps it funu is that you don't have to do the same thing twice... or ever for that matter because there are so many options to choose from.

Enjoy.

so im not quite fully understanding, partially because i am slightly retarded.

do you do a day with metcons and then one with out? ex

Deads - 425x5x1, 435x5x1

there really isnt any like burpees and shit here. just lifting. do oyu just lift with 100% intensity for the sets and then ur done? like do you try to finish this in 10 minutes?

where as this day....

Box Jump/Clapping Push Up Ladder

10 Box Jumps/1 Clapping Push Up
9 Box Jumps/2 Clapping Push Ups
2 Box Jumps/9 Clapping Push Ups
1 Box Jump/10 Clapping Push Ups

Time - 4:26

15-12-9

Pull Ups
70lb DB Swings
Dips

Time - 3:45

5 Burpee Pull Ups
5 Lateral Burpees
5 Burpee Box Jumps

3 rounds for time

is like all aerobic stuff. how do you decide which to do and when?

so im not quite fully understanding, partially because i am slightly retarded.

do you do a day with metcons and then one with out? ex

Deads - 425x5x1, 435x5x1

there really isnt any like burpees and shit here. just lifting. do oyu just lift with 100% intensity for the sets and then ur done? like do you try to finish this in 10 minutes?

where as this day....

Box Jump/Clapping Push Up Ladder

10 Box Jumps/1 Clapping Push Up
9 Box Jumps/2 Clapping Push Ups
2 Box Jumps/9 Clapping Push Ups
1 Box Jump/10 Clapping Push Ups

Time - 4:26

15-12-9

Pull Ups
70lb DB Swings
Dips

Time - 3:45

5 Burpee Pull Ups
5 Lateral Burpees
5 Burpee Box Jumps

3 rounds for time

is like all aerobic stuff. how do you decide which to do and when?

if you look at the first page of my thread, there is a link to a strength and conditioning workout where i did MetCons on days that i did strength work, but there wasn't as much volume as I am doing now.

Now I train with a little more volume Mond, Tues, and Thurs, and do Metcons on wed. fri and saturday. Sometimes just friday and saturday.

But the MetCon work is the second group of stuff you posted.

ya so basically you lift one day and do metcons the next type thing right? not in the same day.

now i do yes. in the first program i did them on the same day sometimes but with less strength work involved.

forgot to post last nights session. Felt pretty good. Pulled from the rack as I was still pretty sore from chest day.

1/20

Rack Deads - 495x5x2
Smith BB rows - 275x10, 295x7
Po Mans GHR - 1 set of 8
Close Grip Pull downs - 220x8, 220x6
BB curls - 135x9, 135x8

Gonna try and do some MetCon work tonight and tomorrow. May only do this routine for 6 weeks as I have a big mud run to do in March and I need to start back with some more conditioning.

But man I love lifting heavy again. :D

damn bro - those r some big weights! must feel pretty nice to do curls with 135! turn some heads in the gym? hahahaha - fukkin beast! and show off! hahahaha

Whats the frag you are running? i got some as a freebie a while back but dont know when to run it.

damn bro - those r some big weights! must feel pretty nice to do curls with 135! turn some heads in the gym? hahahaha - fukkin beast! and show off! hahahaha

Whats the frag you are running? i got some as a freebie a while back but dont know when to run it.

gh 176-191. Me and MilkMan are trying it and comparing findings in a dual frag thread in this sub forum.

I'm going back to the routine i started with in this thread in a few weeks, itll be cool to see how much stronger I am now that have been doing this routine.

I honestly feell like i'm on a cycle.

Still continuing with strength gains.

1/23

Front Squats - 315x5, 320x5, 325x5
Leg Press - 10plates a sidex10, 11platesx10, 12platesx10
BB Lunges - 185x8

Smoked after this. Had my shake and left. Legs are torched.

gh 176-191. Me and MilkMan are trying it and comparing findings in a dual frag thread in this sub forum.

I'm going back to the routine i started with in this thread in a few weeks, itll be cool to see how much stronger I am now that have been doing this routine.

I honestly feell like i'm on a cycle.
Very cool - Milky is a beast!

Still continuing with strength gains.

1/23

Front Squats - 315x5, 320x5, 325x5
Leg Press - 10plates a sidex10, 11platesx10, 12platesx10
BB Lunges - 185x8

Smoked after this. Had my shake and left. Legs are torched.

Damn bro - those are huge numbers for the front squats! i always find those are 2x as hard as the back squats. Your wheels are going to be like tree trunks!

Back