Votes: 108 36.7%
  • ARE Bad for you

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • ARE NOT good for you, but they WONT hurt you

Votes: 60 20.4%
  • ARE bad for you, but not THAT bad for you

Votes: 108 36.7%

• Total voters
For me, I believe in smaller dose - short cycles (6 to 7 weeks). I only use injectables so as to avoid first time pass through the liver from oral 17aa's.

I'm 43 years old and have been doing cycles of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) on and off since I was about 22.

Just my opinion.

I agree there are long term side effects. but I think if you cycle them properly and do not go insane with the doses you will be ok.

Asking if steroids are healthy is like asking if food is healthy.

Yes it is, in moderation.
Moderation is different for us all, but 10x your normal amount is NOT moderate.

no one's really tapped into the psychological effect of steroids. depression post use is a huge issue with these drugs. these drugs are ironically not physically addicting, but the mental aspects can eat you alive! everyone knows a guy that used to juice and had the physique most of us wanted. well, since he stopped he not only looks like a garbage bag full of water, but his self image is shit would give everything to rewind that clock. for every monster you see in the gym, there is a post-roid has been sitn at home.

the only people that steroids are good for, besides the medically needy, are PRO athletes. they feed their families thru their work so the risks are very justifiable. for the rest of us who choose this path out of pure vanity (cause thats what it is) good luck and you know where the squat rack is...

I'm glad I waited to start doing steroids until age 38 and not 23. I started working out when I was introduced to it by my sisters Semi-Pro Football player Boyfriend at age 13. I continued working out on and off until I was 27 and then started taking it serious after that. But I waited until I was at my potential growth , then started researching the use of steroids. It bothers me seeing 19-25 year old fools who do gear just for the sake of wanting to get big without really working for it without juice. I believe they will be HRT candidates by age 30. I am now at 45 and have done 5-6 cycles respectively , I just started taking HGH at 4iu's ed 5 on 2 off , if all goes well with this , I will stay on for a year and then do 250-500mg of Test ew for 10 wk cycles 2-3 times a year with all the blood work in between to keep on top of any potential issues that may arise.

We are playing a risky game and all the precautions should be taken , if not , it becomes Russian Roulet and the game aspect right out the window.

Peace Ozzy27

StoneColdNTO said:
I'll tell you one thing, if any of you think that steroids do not have negative, long term effects, well, you're all just kidding yourselves.

Maybe I am in denial but would you please expound on that? Specifically the reasons you believe there will be long term damage? I am one of those that believe that I am only giving my body a boost. I do about 2 cycles a year in moderation ie. test, Winstrol (winny) and deca at moderate dosages like 600, 50 mgs ed, 400 mgs/wk or something similar.

Would I be looking at long term damage or are you referring to people that are on much higher dosages?

Anyone feel free to jump in on this. Thanks

There's no scientific evidence concluding Anabolic steroids when used in moderation for healthy adult males cause lifelong side-effects.

Naming people who have taken steroids and who have died from various problems proves nothing. Naming a few pro bodybuilders who have died from heart or liver problems or baseball players who have died from braincancer does not prove steroids caused these problems. People die from heart and liver problems and cancer everyday who don't use steroids,So obviously a few people who do use steroids will die from them also. That does not imply steroids actually caused the sickness. Lyle Alazados own doctor admited to Real Sports that there was no medical evidence Anabolic Steroids caused his death.

If Anabolic steroids absolutely caused long term health problems then Pro-Bodybuilders with their excessive doses would be dropping like flies. In reality the death rate among pro bodybuilders from any of these diseases said to be caused by steroids is LOWER than among the normal population.
Why is it that only several professional bodybuilders from the 60's,70's and 80's are dead? If Anabolic steroids were as deadly as you make them out to be we would expect most of them to be dead or diseased.

Micromegas said:
There's no scientific evidence concluding Anabolic steroids when used in moderation for healthy adult males cause lifelong side-effects.

Naming people who have taken steroids and who have died from various problems proves nothing. Naming a few pro bodybuilders who have died from heart or liver problems or baseball players who have died from braincancer does not prove steroids caused these problems. People die from heart and liver problems and cancer everyday who don't use steroids,So obviously a few people who do use steroids will die from them also. That does not imply steroids actually caused the sickness. Lyle Alazados own doctor admited to Real Sports that there was no medical evidence Anabolic Steroids caused his death.

If Anabolic steroids absolutely caused long term health problems then Pro-Bodybuilders with their excessive doses would be dropping like flies. In reality the death rate among pro bodybuilders from any of these diseases said to be caused by steroids is LOWER than among the normal population.
Why is it that only several professional bodybuilders from the 60's,70's and 80's are dead? If Anabolic steroids were as deadly as you make them out to be we would expect most of them to be dead or diseased.

Nice. I agree with this as well. And like you said, athletes die like anyone else. Walter Payton didn't take shit and he got real sick. It's called life.

Its real simple.
If the benefits gained from your natural androgen/estrogen production outweighs any sideffect then NO its not healthy.
IF the sideffects outweigh the benefits with your natural production then YES a proportionate and subjective dose of androgens are healthy.

Unfortunately the sides dont even begin to outweigh the benefits of your natural production until after you hit the 35year mark in your life.

willieboy said:
food is good for us. but only used properly. if abused, it can kill as well. many long term abuse side effects.overeating, undereating, eating garbage,(supersize me).Sunshine can kill us for that matter, unless certain precautions are taken.

best post i read.

Micromegas said:

also a very good post.

Are steroids bad for you? Yes. Can they possibly cause many different diseases? Yes. Will they take some years off your life? YES! But these days, what they hell doesn't?

I bet you i'll live longer than the guys who east Mcdicks 2x a day, or the alcoholic, or the druggie, or the guy with so much stress in his life he blows up at everyone all the time, and maybe even the healthy guy who eats perfectly and excercises regularly and doesn't smoke and drink but gets lung cancer.

But i can also say that I won't be saying that on my deathbed, I be you i'll be saying something like 'the gear wasn't worth it'...but dammnit, i'm gonna look good when I die!

Just my grim outlook on life...lol.

Last edited:
Many post comments on those who have had negative effects from steroids. Does anyone have any information on the health of those who are alive and "healthy" after long-term steroid use.

Just a few names that I know little about their condition now:

Reg Park, Steve Reeves, Larry Scott, Sergio Oliva, Franco Colombo, Lou Ferrigno, Dave Draper

Any info available?

Remember there are 2 sides to every coin.

I think we all here have the same mentality, if we are going to use we will usually sacrifice the many thing people enjoy to compensate for gear use. I would love to share a bottle of wine with my wife at dinner, or have a cocktail after a crazy day at work, or eat the shit that most of the worlds population has become so accustom to. When i have a cold i'm going to wait it out, so many and most people i know run for the antibiotic right away and assorted other pill remedies. What about all the pour bastards that are taking bp meds. chol. lowering drugs i mean 8 to 10 pills a day, what do you think this is doing. Anyway most of us are aware of our bodies and what goes into them, being carefull and monitoring blood work is an excellent way to stay ahead of it.

I believe there are 3 main factors that influence this:
1. Genetic predisposition to diseases that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use may effect (CVD, ect.)
2. Duration and amount of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) used.
3. Secondary supplementation (natural or pharmaceutical) used to combat potential long term sides.

IMO: if you don't have any family history of health problems, use moderate doses and have a supplementation strategy in place to combat sides, there's very little chance that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use will decrease your life span.

Originally Posted by StoneColdNTO
I'll tell you one thing, if any of you think that steroids do not have negative, long term effects, well, you're all just kidding yourselves.

Jimmykick said:
Maybe I am in denial but would you please expound on that? Specifically the reasons you believe there will be long term damage? I am one of those that believe that I am only giving my body a boost. I do about 2 cycles a year in moderation ie. test, Winstrol (winny) and deca at moderate dosages like 600, 50 mgs ed, 400 mgs/wk or something similar.

Would I be looking at long term damage or are you referring to people that are on much higher dosages?

Anyone feel free to jump in on this. Thanks

Stone or someone please explain. This is a very directed and opinionated statement. Just want to know the reasoning behind the statement.

For most people no, but either is caffine, drinking more than a few beers or blah blah...

Something is going to kill you eventually. Now do i believe in going on straight for two + years without coming off, no.

I have to agree with Phatboy,

Anything that has a distinctively negative impact on your cholesterol as bad,i dont beleive its the sole cause but i beleive that it no doubt speeds up your pre-disposistions(ie cancer,heart attack stroke ect)

but that aside the regenerative and energising effect makes them very marketable,
also the person you become when you take on 20lbs of muscle on your frame and feel like king kong!

you cant put a price on that feeling,

how about "growth hormones" and "peptides" what are peoples views on them?

Not only are steroids good for you they should make a breakfast cereal out of it...
There are so many things we do on a daily basis that are detrimental to our health and Im sure half of it we dont even know about. I would never be so presumptuous as to say Steroids have no significant neg sides and I dont believe anyone truely educated about the subject would say so. However in my opinion my current use of the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) positives outweigh the negatives.

Back