Votes: 18 6.1%
  • ARE NOT good for you, but they WONT hurt you

Votes: 60 20.4%
  • ARE bad for you, but not THAT bad for you

Votes: 108 36.7%

• Total voters
G

getfitdoc

Jose Canseco mentions in his new book that (paraphrasing) steroids taken in moderation can actually be GOOD for you.

Do you think that steroids (TAKEN CORRECTLY) are good for you?

Assuming that bloodwork is done, all gear is clean, amounts are appropriate for the individual, and the person has solid diet and workout habits.

Do you think:

#1-steroids taken ~correctly~ are good for you.

#2-steroids taken ~correctly~ are bad for you.

#3-steroids ~taken correctly~ aren't good for you, but they won't hurt you.

#4-steroids ~taken correctly~ are bad for you, but not THAT bad.

I do feel that steroids have their place in medicine or they wouldn't be in the medical field, but define taken correctly..... that's the problem, everybody's idea of correctly is different.

No one person can define "correctly". To define it as healthy is basically a circular reference, because how can something that's healthy be bad? Food for thought.

correctly would mean the best way we know how.

not that its the absolute best, that can't be defined,

but the best methods we have

I would assume that "correctly" would be how a Dr. would prescribe based on the individual's needs.

I feel the correct answer is always, partially good AND partially bad. And you should take them if you value the good (increased muscle mass, strength,...) more than the bad (cholesterol, BP,...)

AAS are not good for a healthy person. Taking Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) 5 times (or more) the amount that the male body produces can never be good. How can something that shuts you down be good?

When I was recuperating from my stroke I took steroids to get myself back into weight-lifting/body building to get my right side as even as I could to my left side. It's been a couple of years now and there is no telling which side was off. I told my endo I was doing steroids although he did'nt approve he said be carefull. It's been 5 years in the gym and alot of people that know me before and after tell me when I came to the gym I was sad shape. In my case I'd say steroids made an improvement like nothing else could.

beaf said:
AAS are not good for a healthy person. Taking Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) 5 times (or more) the amount that the male body produces can never be good. How can something that shuts you down be good?

Ask cancer patients about chemo. Some times the positive aspects of a drug outway the negative side effects. There are always side effects to any drug you put into your body.

beaf said:

Never? Absolutely false; re-read HGH man's post. You ignore all the obvious positive side effects that gear use brings. There are side effects to aspirin that aren't good for you either, yet millions of people take the stuff everyday. It's a simple cost/benefit question: do you prefer the positive results knowing what type of potential negative results can occur?

The question doesn't even make sense, it's like Stang said, if the benefits outwiegh the costs, then use, if not, don't use. What's 'good' for you is an individual thing

I'll tell you one thing, if any of you think that steroids do not have negative, long term effects, well, you're all just kidding yourselves.

StoneColdNTO said:
I'll tell you one thing, if any of you think that steroids do not have negative, long term effects, well, you're all just kidding yourselves.

Agreed. It's amazing that some people, with all the e-resources easily available, STAY ON CYCLE. Or start their 23rd cycle.

You forgot both good and bad for you... Everything has its ups and downs... The real question is do the benefits outweigh the sides...

StoneColdNTO said:

agree big time. alot of bros hate hearing negative things about juice. lets be for real........the shit can fuck you up if youre not careful. shit, you can be careful and still get something because youre predisposed. reality brothas.

hgh man, thats awesome bro. glad to hear a story like that. not just because it was steroids that helped, but the fact that you bounced back from something so tragic.

Well, can some case histories be provided? Proof of their long-term sides (which I definitely believe can happen). Matarazzo? Flex Wheeler? Alzado? Are we able to count more than a dozen names within the last 40+ years? Despite hundreds of thousands of athletes, perhaps millions, using them within that time frame. And if so, can we present 100% solid evidence that AS is solely responsible for these people's afflictions? Why are these drugs being treated as halucinogens, when people use them for the 100% opposite effect?

Muraco said:
Well, can some case histories be provided? Proof of their long-term sides (which I definitely believe can happen). Matarazzo? Flex Wheeler? Alzado? Are we able to count more than a dozen names within the last 40+ years? Despite hundreds of thousands of athletes, perhaps millions, using them within that time frame. And if so, can we present 100% solid evidence that AS is solely responsible for these people's afflictions? Why are these drugs being treated as halucinogens, when people use them for the 100% opposite effect?

Unless you OD, you can not positively attribute death to cocaine or heroin as well. You have no clue the amount of years steroid use/abuse will take off your life, especially if you genetic hbp or high cholesterol to begin with.

Back