Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report.

DocJ

I've had a few PM re: sub q injecting AAS. Here's a new study:

-------------------------------------------

Saudi Med J. 2006 Dec;27(12):1843-6.

Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report.Al-Futaisi AM, Al-Zakwani IS, Almahrezi AM, Morris D.
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine & Health Sciences, PO Box 35, Postal Code 123, Al-Khod, Sultanate of Oman. Tel. +968 99475401. Tel/Fax. +968 24413419. E-mail: alfutaisi@squ.edu.om.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low doses of subcutaneous testosterone in hypogonadal men since the intramuscular route, which is the most widely used form of testosterone replacement therapy, is inconvenient to many patients. METHODS: All men with primary and secondary hypogonadism attending the reproductive endocrine clinic at Royal Victoria Hospital, Monteral, Quebec, Canada, were invited to participate in the study. Subjects were enrolled from January 2002 till December 2002. Patients were asked to self-administer weekly low doses of testosterone enanthate using 0.5 ml insulin syringe. RESULTS: A total of 22 patients were enrolled in the study. The mean trough was 14.48 +/- 3.14 nmol/L and peak total testosterone was 21.65 +/- 7.32 nmol/L. For the free testosterone the average trough was 59.94 +/- 20.60 pmol/L and the peak was 85.17 +/- 32.88 pmol/L. All of the patients delivered testosterone with ease and no local reactions were reported. CONCLUSION: Therapy with weekly subcutaneous testosterone produced serum levels that were within the normal range in 100% of patients for both peak and trough levels. This is the first report, which demonstrated the efficacy of delivering weekly testosterone using this cheap, safe, and less painful subcutaneous route.PMID: 17143361 [PubMed - in process]

maybe i missed something but it says .5ml but at what dose?

Aczech said:
maybe i missed something but it says .5ml but at what dose?
Who cares. The whole point is you can inject steroids sub-q and not just IM. Nice to know. I'll have to give it a try. The only thing would suck is having a lump sit there for a few days; whereas in the muscle it's not noticible.

pineapple said:
Who cares. The whole point is you can inject steroids sub-q and not just IM. Nice to know. I'll have to give it a try. The only thing would suck is having a lump sit there for a few days; whereas in the muscle it's not noticible.

actually, you wouldn't need oil would you? just solvent and hormone via sub-q, no?

Aczech said:
actually, you wouldn't need oil would you? just solvent and hormone via sub-q, no?
The oil is there to keep the hormone from crashing. So you cant go without it.

Yes it doesn't specify dosage. Somone posted on the chem forum that they were using test suspension suqQ but I can't remember who it was.

DocJ said:
Yes it doesn't specify dosage. Somone posted on the chem forum that they were using test suspension suqQ but I can't remember who it was.
suspension in a weekly dose would leave you crashed long before the week was up . surely it was still a cyp or eth test .

DADAWG said:
suspension in a weekly dose would leave you crashed long before the week was up . surely it was still a cyp or eth test .

I think he meant someone outside the study was using the test susp subq...probably everyday if not morning and night

Aczech said:
I think he meant someone outside the study was using the test susp subq...probably everyday if not morning and night
Yes, it was once daily as subQ injects are released more slowly into the body.

Do you think Sub-Q would be more or less likely cause abscesses? One could argue because you are going less deep that any abscesses formed would be easier to treat, but I've also read that the chance of an abscess is increased when the substance is between the fat and muscle.

Also, what about pushing gear through a slin pin? I've never tried it, but would it not be difficult? how would you load the syringe (my slin pins are fixed)?

outlawtas2 said:
Do you think Sub-Q would be more or less likely cause abscesses? One could argue because you are going less deep that any abscesses formed would be easier to treat, but I've also read that the chance of an abscess is increased when the substance is between the fat and muscle.

Also, what about pushing gear through a slin pin? I've never tried it, but would it not be difficult? how would you load the syringe (my slin pins are fixed)?
I just did it, in the legs. It spreads out evenly and there is no bump. I used slin pins.

Should I go and did up all of my posts where people said that you couldn't do this and I said they were wrong? lol. I won't bother.

Good find.

outlawtas2 said:
Do you think Sub-Q would be more or less likely cause abscesses?
Less likely. You don't see a whole lot of abscesses in adipose tissue.

As for your question about loading gear into an insulin pin and injecting it through an insulin pin...I know of others that have done but, but I don't know how. I tried loading a syringe through a 25G pin once and it didn't work very well at all.

DADAWG said:
So the question remains if one were to go with this method (attractive to those wanting to pin, but hesitant about going intramuscular :baby: ): what would be a bodybuilding dose, how to measure it on the slin pin, and which would be preferable, the cypionate or the ethanate? :dunno: ...Also duration/number of weeks optimal(since 1/2 life is shorter) :freak: ...

Sounds good. You could get tuberculosis syringes that have the removable needles, and use a drawing needle, then screw back the little bitty one to inject SQ.

Very interesting. They sell 27 and 30g needles only at some places, 1/2" i think. You can draw with a 20G and push slow through the smaller one. I am going to try it out myself right now, i think i have 27 or 29's.

Just did it, .5ml 400mg/test mix (cyp/decanoate) Drew with a 20g, shot with a 27g 1/2 inch, went smooth. No lump, and only very slight discomfort in the spot after shot.. I will update tomorrow with how it feels. I would like to read more studies on this.

mranak said:
Less likely. You don't see a whole lot of abscesses in adipose tissue.

As for your question about loading gear into an insulin pin and injecting it through an insulin pin...I know of others that have done but, but I don't know how. I tried loading a syringe through a 25G pin once and it didn't work very well at all.
Well, if the gear is thin enough then you can just draw it out with a 100unit 29guage pin, it will take a while depending on concentration. I use slin pins on all my injections now. I did TPP 175mg/ml and NPP 160mg/ml. Went pretty fast. Damn this will work great with dbol.

----- The sub-q is actually a bit painful compared to IM. I'll try another spot next time. I did it in the leg area.

pineapple said:
----- The sub-q is actually a bit painful compared to IM. I'll try another spot next time. I did it in the leg area.

I did it in the stomach about 3 inches left of the belly button, very minor pain, like a light bruise if i press on it.

Back