Suppressing Prolactin Safely, Effectively and Cheaply

TxLonghorn said:
Possibly, if I did it was because you seemed dismissive that it could actually work.

And here is your original quote where you say you get more b6 than you can possibly use. I don't see how I latched onto or misconstrued what you stated. And it does seem you say more b6 wouldn't be beneficial. But I did just skim through it.

Anyways, I think it's worth a shot, especially when you consider all the 'I've got gyno' posts as well as the fact I have had gyno problems consistently since beginning gear. And if you have gyno symptoms and nolva or another anti e isn't helping and you are taking gear that is known to raise prolactin, why not try it?

It's threads like these that make these boards interesting. Finding something simple and yet possibly effective. I hope this works, because bromo just plain blows.

I stand by those statements.

Why not try it? Because there are side effects to everything-- something that is woefully overlooked on these boards. As mentioned, B vitamns are meant to be ingested in the complex and excess is excreted withing hours. And as the last poster mentioned, too much will cause nuerological problems as well as anxiety and insomnia.

TX, it sounds to me like you're a perfect canditdate for Primo and low dose test, along with a SHBG lowering compound, be it proviron or the PF supps. SAM-e wouldn't hurt either. Sometimes one as to accept and work around limitations instead of trying to find remedies that can backfire.

TxLonghorn said:
Possibly, if I did it was because you seemed dismissive that it could actually work.

And here is your original quote where you say you get more b6 than you can possibly use. I don't see how I latched onto or misconstrued what you stated. And it does seem you say more b6 wouldn't be beneficial. But I did just skim through it.

Anyways, I think it's worth a shot, especially when you consider all the 'I've got gyno' posts as well as the fact I have had gyno problems consistently since beginning gear. And if you have gyno symptoms and nolva or another anti e isn't helping and you are taking gear that is known to raise prolactin, why not try it?

It's threads like these that make these boards interesting. Finding something simple and yet possibly effective. I hope this works, because bromo just plain blows.

I stand by those statements.

Why not try it? Because there are side effects to everything-- something that is woefully overlooked on these boards. As mentioned, B vitamns are meant to be ingested in the complex and excess is excreted withing hours. And as the last poster mentioned, too much will cause nuerological problems as well as anxiety and insomnia.

TX, it sounds to me like you're a perfect canditdate for Primo and low dose test, along with a SHBG lowering compound, be it proviron or the PF supps. SAM-e wouldn't hurt either. Sometimes one as to accept and work around limitations instead of trying to find remedies that can backfire.

Also for those wishing to try b6 ;the neurological problems are well documented.

I would think it best to obtain a injectble B complex(very ez to get) with the addition of b6 oral supplementation(trying not to go too extreme) for optimal benefits.
Nelson is right on this one as far as over-loading one b vit IMHO

Also for those wishing to try b6 ;the neurological problems are well documented.

I would think it best to obtain a injectble B complex(very ez to get) with the addition of b6 oral supplementation(trying not to go too extreme) for optimal benefits.
Nelson is right on this one as far as over-loading one b vit IMHO

Yo Tengo Madera? said:
Some studies indicate that chronic B6 use may cause neurologic symptoms such as parasthesias
i dont think using those dose for a 10 week cycle 2 times a year is chronic:confused:

Yo Tengo Madera? said:
Some studies indicate that chronic B6 use may cause neurologic symptoms such as parasthesias
i dont think using those dose for a 10 week cycle 2 times a year is chronic:confused:

Nelson Montana said:

Exactly, and that's my problem. Who wants to stick to a cycle that they put little old ladies and children on? Plus primo and proviron are insanely expensive, imo. Lessee, I can get enough primo for half a gram a week for 10 weeks...that's 5 grams, at $12/amp ea amp 100mg....that's $600...and that is IF the primo isn't fake, and that's IF I can get that price. Or I could go the do it your own way and get that for about $400-500 depending on all the goodies it takes to make it.

Dammit, I want my fina back. I took it before and didn't have any problems...and now my precious, precious...

The way I look at is this...I am never going to be confused with a bodybuilder, but at least I can look lean and athletic. Once I get to that point, fine, I'll stick with something like eq, or primo if it ever comes down in price. But until then, I've gotta keep looking for remedies, imo. And if this works, great.

Nelson Montana said:

Exactly, and that's my problem. Who wants to stick to a cycle that they put little old ladies and children on? Plus primo and proviron are insanely expensive, imo. Lessee, I can get enough primo for half a gram a week for 10 weeks...that's 5 grams, at $12/amp ea amp 100mg....that's $600...and that is IF the primo isn't fake, and that's IF I can get that price. Or I could go the do it your own way and get that for about $400-500 depending on all the goodies it takes to make it.

Dammit, I want my fina back. I took it before and didn't have any problems...and now my precious, precious...

The way I look at is this...I am never going to be confused with a bodybuilder, but at least I can look lean and athletic. Once I get to that point, fine, I'll stick with something like eq, or primo if it ever comes down in price. But until then, I've gotta keep looking for remedies, imo. And if this works, great.

Yo Tengo Madera? said:

Isn't that a tingling sensation? I'll have to look into this and see what I can find out...plus, being water soluble, I would think stopping for a couple of days would solve any problem arising from too much b6.

Yo Tengo Madera? said:

Isn't that a tingling sensation? I'll have to look into this and see what I can find out...plus, being water soluble, I would think stopping for a couple of days would solve any problem arising from too much b6.

Found this so far on b6 on a discussion about overdosing on it...

Dr John Hathcock, a former regulatory scientist with the US Food and Drug Administration brought over to Britain by the supplement manufacturers in July, says: "All [the report] really shows is that if you take vitamin B6 in ridiculously large doses over a very long time, then you'll eventually develop reversible adverse effects."

The FDA has investigated the toxicity of vitamin B6 and, like most of Europe, allows it to be sold freely at levels up to 200mg.

So the tingling is reversible if you stop the b6. Who knows what 600mg/day of b6 can do for long periods? I doubt this is high on anybody's to do list to find out.

Also...
The committee, which deals with matters of toxicity relating to food, consumer products and the environment, had access to a number of studies that have found vitamin B6 safe at 200mg a day. But it based its recommendation on a small 12-year-old study carried out by a Harley Street gynaecologist, Dr Katherina Dalton, who is best known for her work with progesterone in treating PMS. This study stands alone in finding vitamin B6 toxic at 50mg doses. The committee's review stated: "We consider it would be unwise to ignore this evidence in the light of other supporting animal data" - data that included evidence of toxicity in dogs at levels equivalent to a human intake of 3,000mg a day.

My guess is that since pms is supposedly treated with b6, but that it needs to be at 50-200mg/day, this doctor wanted to prove that her way was the only way that was safe. Who knows, it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyways, that's enough for me. I'll try it. I've got some deca as well as fina as well as parlodel.

Found this so far on b6 on a discussion about overdosing on it...

Dr John Hathcock, a former regulatory scientist with the US Food and Drug Administration brought over to Britain by the supplement manufacturers in July, says: "All [the report] really shows is that if you take vitamin B6 in ridiculously large doses over a very long time, then you'll eventually develop reversible adverse effects."

The FDA has investigated the toxicity of vitamin B6 and, like most of Europe, allows it to be sold freely at levels up to 200mg.

So the tingling is reversible if you stop the b6. Who knows what 600mg/day of b6 can do for long periods? I doubt this is high on anybody's to do list to find out.

Also...
The committee, which deals with matters of toxicity relating to food, consumer products and the environment, had access to a number of studies that have found vitamin B6 safe at 200mg a day. But it based its recommendation on a small 12-year-old study carried out by a Harley Street gynaecologist, Dr Katherina Dalton, who is best known for her work with progesterone in treating PMS. This study stands alone in finding vitamin B6 toxic at 50mg doses. The committee's review stated: "We consider it would be unwise to ignore this evidence in the light of other supporting animal data" - data that included evidence of toxicity in dogs at levels equivalent to a human intake of 3,000mg a day.

My guess is that since pms is supposedly treated with b6, but that it needs to be at 50-200mg/day, this doctor wanted to prove that her way was the only way that was safe. Who knows, it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyways, that's enough for me. I'll try it. I've got some deca as well as fina as well as parlodel.

Drveejay11 said:
BUMPING a great thread...........any more thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that vitamin b6 is awesome for suppressing prolactin and the sides just aren't there, regardless of what nelson seems to think. It's funny, the argument against this says that no way a vitamin can act like a drug and then they turn around and say the sides will be worse than a drug. Whatever.

It works, many have now tried it and it works better than I could have hoped. Does that mean it will work for everyone? Doubtful, test and dbol doesn't work for everyone, why should anything else? However, if you have the option of b6 or bromo or dostinex, imo there is no choice, it's b6 all the way. Bromo is horrible as far as sides go, and it's not the cheapest either. And then you have dostinex which the sides aren't as bad as bromo, but it's several dollars a pill vs. several dollars for a month's supply of b6.

Even if you are skeptical, try it and risk the $3. You'll be glad you did.

Also, a note on the sides, it seems studies have shown that it takes weeks or months at 2-6 grams/day of b6 to get them and that as soon as you stop, the sides stop. And the sides are just tingling in the extremities.

Drveejay11 said:
BUMPING a great thread...........any more thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that vitamin b6 is awesome for suppressing prolactin and the sides just aren't there, regardless of what nelson seems to think. It's funny, the argument against this says that no way a vitamin can act like a drug and then they turn around and say the sides will be worse than a drug. Whatever.

It works, many have now tried it and it works better than I could have hoped. Does that mean it will work for everyone? Doubtful, test and dbol doesn't work for everyone, why should anything else? However, if you have the option of b6 or bromo or dostinex, imo there is no choice, it's b6 all the way. Bromo is horrible as far as sides go, and it's not the cheapest either. And then you have dostinex which the sides aren't as bad as bromo, but it's several dollars a pill vs. several dollars for a month's supply of b6.

Even if you are skeptical, try it and risk the $3. You'll be glad you did.

Also, a note on the sides, it seems studies have shown that it takes weeks or months at 2-6 grams/day of b6 to get them and that as soon as you stop, the sides stop. And the sides are just tingling in the extremities.

Back