The dual GH fragment thread

It's a tough thing to implement immediately but over time if you work on form, the weight will fly. At 6'4" anything I can do to make the bar path less, I do.... so these techniques are incredibly beneficial.

Cardio looks awesome and so much better then what most of us do. I need to get back to doing GPP work but in the Northeast, its not that easy these days. I have some farmer walk type equipment (heavy sandbags with handles) and I'm looking into an empty keg as well. It's not a perfect situation but one I can deal with. A prowler would be next on the list.

you know I've been benching the same way for so long its weird that i couldn't say whether i bench the right or wrong way according to Dave. But it makes huge sense.

As for the cardio, I'm gonna have the gym owners clear this hill on the side of the gym where we were doing sledge and tires and we can start doing sandbag stuff and more stuff like this. SO much more fun to me.

hit a new PR today on squats. fronts that is. first set hit 5 pretty easy. Should have taken vid on that one. lol Second set had the fifth one but the damn bar slipped forward and i couldn't recover so I let it go. I'll still take it though.

btw Milk, i wore my TK knee sleeves today. Shit it was like squatting with air shocks in my knees. No pain, kept em warm. Awesome.

Front Squats

365x5
365x4

YouTube - RJ Front Squat.wmv

Last edited:
hit a new PR today on squats. fronts that is. first set hit 5 pretty easy. Should have taken vid on that one. lol Second set had the fifth one but the damn bar slipped forward and i couldn't recover so I let it go. I'll still take it though.

btw Milk, i wore my TK knee sleeves today. Shit it was like squatting with air shocks in my knees. No pain, kept em warm. Awesome.

Front Squats

365x5
365x4

YouTube - RJ Front Squat.wmv

Fukkin awesome vid, bro - you just flew through those. and went to the fukkin floor! never seen anyone dump a squat like that - nice way to save your back.

What's the TK sleeve?

Fukkin awesome vid, bro - you just flew through those. and went to the fukkin floor! never seen anyone dump a squat like that - nice way to save your back.

What's the TK sleeve?

thanks. i really didn't have a choice. when i knew it didn't have the last rep, it started to pitch forward so i just stepped back. lol

TK is Tommy Kono. He makes elbow and knee bands. They are like a heavy neoprene type of material. I hate knee wraps, and i like to be able to wear something the whole time while i do heavy leg work. Well, after 20 years my knees are getting worse, so i started looking for alternate choices. Read up on these and thank god i bought some. They work amazing. Tight enough to keep the knee warm and the patella floating naturally, but not so tight that you can't wear them the whole time.

APT Pro Gear - TK Knee Bands (Small & Medium) Tommy Kono Knee Band Supports

did a little practice following Dave's advice in that vid. Funny, i bench very similar to what he explains so it was fairly easy to adjust a little. A couple more weeks and i should be right on. Even got more weight up today.

Flat BB - 365x5x2
Incline BB - 315x5x2

Knees are a little tender from yesterday but much better than if i didn't use the bands. Hate getting old. FUCK!! :D

im really disappointed at myself for not noticing this thread earlier..

this is great stuff

I like the videos, but what's your verdict on the Frag?

Guess it would be good to comment on that huh?

Well, like i said, once i bumped it to the 500mcg 2xday i felt a difference as far as getting leaner. i wouldn't say it was wonderful, but i did notice it. Of course that may have been some synergy with starting my cycle and having added test. Who knows. I have the CJC/GHRP combo on the way so we'll see what that does. My thoughts on these peptides is that if they don't show promise within a month or two, they ain't worth it to me. I'd rather just buy GH.

im really disappointed at myself for not noticing this thread earlier..

this is great stuff

i would be upset with anyone else, but i know you spend 20 of your 24 hours in a day doing schoolwork, eating, working, and you gotta make time to knock the bottom out of little momma. So you get a pass.

But I'm glad you stopped by brother. i dropped my other thread and Milk and i are gonna keep this one going together.

btw, Milk, didn't someone say they were gonna rename this thread? hmmmm... i thought i heard someone say that. :D

But I'm glad you stopped by brother. i dropped my other thread and Milk and i are gonna keep this one going together.

btw, Milk, didn't someone say they were gonna rename this thread? hmmmm... i thought i heard someone say that. :D

I was going to but I have had issues changing the thread name. I will try to do it again.

By the way... Last training session went as follows:
Deads off 3" deficit
455x3
495x1
525x1 (missed the lockout)

Benching today. Time to get wild.

I was going to but I have had issues changing the thread name. I will try to do it again.

By the way... Last training session went as follows:
Deads off 3" deficit
455x3
495x1
525x1 (missed the lockout)

Benching today. Time to get wild.

Nice. what is the value in DLing off a block? Help outta the hole? Seen plenty do it in vids, just never asked why.

And don't worry about the name. Unless you can change it to The Milk and RJ are fucking awesome thread!!

hey you guys get headaches at all with the frag? I quit the GH about a week ago and switched over to frag and have had a low grade headache for 4-5 days. Hmmm could be stress, but might be a side of the frag - dunno. i'm still doing the cjc with it.

hey you guys get headaches at all with the frag? I quit the GH about a week ago and switched over to frag and have had a low grade headache for 4-5 days. Hmmm could be stress, but might be a side of the frag - dunno. i'm still doing the cjc with it.

no. but i did feel dehydrated a bit. even moreso when i upped it to 500mcg per dose.

I'm not sure if Milk is doing any other supps or not. I don't think so. I am only on my measley testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose of 100mg/w test.

As for my cals and maintaining. This is gonna sound very crass, but i attribute that to never relying on gear to make my gains. Same reason i never lost much size at all when i came off during the old days, and the same reason i didn't when i toook a whole year off from the gym in '07-'08.

Thats why I'm so adamant about it when the newbs think its all about the gear. And thats why they can't maintain the gains they make.

Plus, i get a few cheat meals in during the week which helps, but i think what I am eating now is somewhere in the 3100kcals range. I don't know honestly, i never count cals. Have no idea what my TDEE or BMR is either. I just eat and lift hard.
How much did u weight in "the old days?" If I'm not correct, did I read that you are genetically gifted?

How much did u weight in "the old days?" If I'm not correct, did I read that you are genetically gifted?

When i started juicing i was ~200lbs. When i stopped competing and using gear in cycles i was ~240lbs. I stopped training for almost a year. Then half assed around for another year or so while my wife was pregnant. After my son was 6 months old i started getting serious again. That was about this time last year.

And no, i would not say I'm genetically gifted. i just never relied on gear for my gains. They were always just a tool to go beyond what i could do naturally.

Nice. what is the value in DLing off a block? Help outta the hole? Seen plenty do it in vids, just never asked why.

That's exactly what they are for. When you extend the length of the pull, you can gain a ton of pulling power at the bottom. As I'm sure you know, when you make the pull shorter than what you are "used to" (in this case a pull that is 3" longer), theory says the weight should fly when you pull off the ground.

Worked some bench last night... Went 325/2 raw and then 450 and 460 off a 3 board in my shirt.

Last edited:
That's exactly what they are for. When you extend the length of through pull, you can gain a ton of pulling power at the bottom. As I'm sure you know, when you make the pull shorter than what you are "used to" (in this case a pull that is 3" longer), theory says the weight should fly when you pull off the ground.

Worked some bench last night... Went 325/2 raw and then 450 and 460 off a 3 board in my shirt.

cool. thats what I have thought. thanks.

I actually pulled from the floor tonight. Brought the damn cam and forgot to get it on my last set, figures I'd blow it out of the box. The gear is starting to really kick now. Strength is going up well each week. I'm getting pumped.

Deads

475x5
495x4

I know I could pull in the mid-500s right now easy for a single. I've never used chalk before in my life before this year. Always used straps. Feels totally different slingin that big weight raw.

sprint work tomorrow and more strongman GPP Saturday. Think I'm gonna push the Denali up and back in the parking lot for a finisher. :D

Back